/forum/topic/600984/4269

1       2       3              4269      
       4271              4307       4308       end

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 760

Jan-Arie wrote:
Just Beautiful Steve

+1

I especially like the mountain, centre, right at the back. Kinda looks like a castle to me .. OK hat .. coat....etc.

Edit for TOPP

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1523

Canada's F-18 by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Snow Birds Burst by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Over The Top by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

futurshox
Total Posts: 2389

nickjohnson wrote:
BTW, did you ever get a photo of the original piston jobbie?

You mean these?

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1672

In the middle of a big family barbecue and wife came to see what I was doing, but one from this afternoon at Red Bull Air Races at Ascot UK
Niall

nickjohnson

futurshox wrote:
nickjohnson wrote:
BTW, did you ever get a photo of the original piston jobbie?

You mean these?

Yup that's the bunny. I knew about the radial engine and the tail dragger gear but completely forgot that the main gear is fixed! What a transformation to the JP then the Strike Master. I can't think of any other airframe that made such a successful transition from prop to jet power.

Thanks have a flower!

futurshox
Total Posts: 2389

That's a very pretty flower! Thanks

There's more Provost action here: http://futurshox.net/aerogallery.php?type=provost

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3370

nickjohnson wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
Just Beautiful Steve

+1

I especially like the mountain, centre, right at the back. Kinda looks like a castle to me .. OK hat .. coat....etc.

Thanks, J-A and Nick. That mountain is the Grand Teton from 50 miles distance.

stevezzzz

Wyoming is a land of contrasts: possessed of vast tracts of arid, unlovely, windblown wasteland, it is also one of the most beautiful of the fifty states: you just have to know where to look.

Honeycomb Buttes

Ryan Harris
Total Posts: 72

Steve, are all these shots with the D810? The detail is exquisite!

nickjohnson

stevez wrote:
Wyoming is a land of contrasts: possessed of vast tracts of arid, unlovely, windblown wasteland, it is also one of the most beautiful of the fifty states: you just have to know where to look.

Honeycomb Buttes

Ooooh looks like something Dr Steve has growing in a Petri dish.

stevezzzz

Ryan Harris wrote:
Steve, are all these shots with the D810? The detail is exquisite!

No, I didn't take the D810 on this trip: there's no place for it in the cockpit when Marcia's along. All the aerials I've posted over the last few days were shot with the Panasonic GH4 Micro Four-Thirds with the Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 (24-70mm equivalent). Not bad, eh?

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2976

hey stevez- that fogged in shot on the previous page is my favorite aerial you've posted so far. Just breathtaking!

Glenn

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1869

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2618

Well the 7D is still a noise machine, but putting a 500 on a 1.6 crop body and shooting wide open gives you some nice compression with that 800mm field of view.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3559

Good Stuff Tim

stevezzzz

Tim Adams wrote:
Well the 7D is still a noise machine, but putting a 500 on a 1.6 crop body and shooting wide open gives you some nice compression with that 800mm field of view.

I'll say it does! Love the feel of these, Tim; was it full sun when you shot them?

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1672

Two more from yesterday at Red Bull Air Races
Niall

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2618

stevez wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:

I'll say it does! Love the feel of these, Tim; was it full sun when you shot them?

It was early morning warmup and the headlights fooled the meter, so these two are darker making it look like it was late afternoon.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7700

I'm still amazed when I see promotional material of prop driven planes with stopped props, I just cringe now, thanks to everyone here Unfortunately, a lot of call centers have call quotas for the reps, which can really put a crimp in the service level. When I worked as a tech support rep, we had to take 3.2 calls per hour, which isn't always easy to do when your customers are home users with their first ever PC. I even had several call me an 18 year old guy... had to burst their bubble big time when I told them I was a grandma

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Oh and Nick, you hit the nail on the head re: imagery. I am constantly amazed at the advertising agency dollars spent to wordsmith and graphical arrange a campaign, then stick hap hazard imagery all over it. I cannot explain it, but it follows along the lines of the billions spent trying to convince potential clients about customer service, and then doing little to actually provide it, AT&T comes to mind, but they are just a name on a long list.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7700

I still can't do the X pair, but wow. just wow on the river of clouds. Deserves a second peek

stevez wrote:
When we lifted off 46U (Alpine Airpark, Wyoming) on Wednesday morning there were low clouds and fog in the valleys for many miles around: miraculously, there was a nice big hole right over the airport and we were able to get up on top, easily and safely.

VFR On Top (with Tetons)

1       2       3              4269      
       4271              4307       4308       end