1       2       3              4261      
       4263              4872       4873       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19072

Doesn't get much sharper than that!

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

Not so Brilliant...

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/08/drone-goes-down-into-famed-yellowstone-national-park-hot-spring/

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Jay, what did you use to capture that head on perspective?

EF 300mm f/2.8L IS @ f/3.5

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

I just uploaded a video-stabilized version of last week's motorglider video to my website. It's a lot easier to watch: the airplane bounces around in the frame instead of the scenery...

http://www.stevezphoto.us/aerial/h12dc75fd#h12dc75fd

JWilsonphoto

Razor17 wrote:
Not so Brilliant...

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/08/drone-goes-down-into-famed-yellowstone-national-park-hot-spring/

You just can't fix stupid can you?

JWilsonphoto

First D810 capture ...............

JWilsonphoto

Second D810 capture............

JWilsonphoto

As the guys have mentioned, it's a much smoother piece of equipment. Looking forward to getting to know it. Tip of the hat to Nikon..........again.

USM IS
Total Posts: 1683

JWilsonphoto wrote:

Man Jim, that is NICE!

Mike

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Mike! I was setting a few more parameters in the 810 at HQ, and Charlie was sitting on the couch looking out the door. You know, Old Masters north light kind of thing Then I left and that pop up t-storm was brewing and I kinda liked it, so I hopped out and grabbed a couple of frames. I think I'm going to like the 810's and I know my clients will. I can't believe Nikon hasn't got this priced higher, but I'm not tellin'!

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

I imagine that most of us here have seen the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute's Shark Cam footage, but for those who haven't, here it is.

http://www.viralnova.com/great-white-shark-attack/

Wrei
Total Posts: 2922

You guys posting those D810 photos make me want to go out and get one and a couple of the lenses...then I come to my sense and remember you guys also have a lot of skill, technique and experience...Oh well!

(Just because I haven't posted a photo in a long time.)

JWilsonphoto

I've decided to sell my Canon XHA1 video camera in case anyone would like to have a great HD/mini DV format camcorder. My guess is I'll end up sending it to B&H for their used dept. It's in good shape, low use, and is still a respected video tool in the industry, just doesn't fit my current needs and will sit on a shelf if I don't do something with it. Looks like B&H will come in around $600, then sell it for $1,000.

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 972

JWilsonphoto wrote:

Jim, very nice . that new cam looks to have it's feet under the table in short order. Oh, and what breed is Charlie, please?

JWilsonphoto

Hi Nick, thanks! Charlie is part Golden, part Great Pyrenees. JR rescued him, he was a tiny pup, malnourished, dehydrated and had developed Parvo. The vet he brought Charlie to suggested that he be euthanized because the cost to treat him and the chances of survival were high on the $$$ end and slim on the survival end. JR wouldn't hear of it and told him to do whatever it took to return him to health. They have been joined at the hip ever since. Charlie is welcome in any courthouse in East Texas, and if they aren't together, everyone asks where Charlie is. The Parvo stunted his growth, he's seven years old and everyone thinks he's a pup. Charlie is miffed by that, although loves the attention, because he doesn't even think he's a dog

Charlie boy isn't much of a traveler, so JR is trying to figure out how to acclimatize him to private jet travel, because he won't leave him home if Sheila and I aren't there to be with him.

Here's a couple of shots shortly after Charlie was returned to health.................

JWilsonphoto

Wrei wrote:
You guys posting those D810 photos make me want to go out and get one and a couple of the lenses...then I come to my sense and remember you guys also have a lot of skill, technique and experience...Oh well!

(Just because I haven't posted a photo in a long time.)

We have you fooled Wrei!

What is your schedule like next week? Have any interest in lighting and shooting interiors for a day?

Wrei
Total Posts: 2922

It is slowing down. Interest, sure.

JWilsonphoto

I'll give you a heads up when I know exactly what I'm doing.

JWilsonphoto

Another 810 capture, out the car window at a stoplight................pretty impressive dynamic range.........

JWilsonphoto

Boydo called me the other day. We had just missed each other at the camera shop when I picked up the new Nikon. He finally bit the bullet and bought a 5DIII. He got his money's worth out of his 1D! A while back we had lunch and then stopped in to say Hi to Glenn Beck, Jeremy pulled up his library of images and we scrolled through them, simply breathtaking. Sadly, captured at 4.25mp. Makes you think about the reasons to be shooting 4K today, and taken a step further 80mp Phase One. Granted, the difference between 4.25mp and 36.6 is not likely to be seen again because you'll always be able to make a gorgeous display print from a 108mb file, but there is something to be said for shooting the highest res capture that one can pony up for. When you look at Jeremy's images, and the rare opportunities that he made the most of, all on the 1D it makes you think what if. They are priceless captures.

1       2       3              4261      
       4263              4872       4873       end