Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4259

1       2       3              4259      
       4261              4395       4396       end

Ryan Harris
Total Posts: 91

Eddie, no I sure don't. Did you ever help us with the F-4 when we first got her and kept her in the old alert sheds? That would've been in 2001 I think.

First time having to edit for TOPP. Since we're talking about the 111th FS, I'll share a shot by a friend of mine. He shot it, I did the edit.

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2901

stevez wrote:
Go4Long wrote:
Wrei wrote:
Um, I can give them a pass on the poppies, given the purpose and significance.

Pretty safe to say everyone knows the purpose and significance.

Remembrance Day is not so well known outside the Commonweath countries, though. It's called Veterans Day here in the States, for instance, and poppies don't figure into it.

I first became aware of the tradition of wearing poppies on Remembrance Day when I was living in London in November 1986. I wish this was something we did in the States. I wore one on Veteran's Day once, and nobody got the significance, even at a Society of American Military Engineers meeting. And we don't wear them on Memorial Day either.

If you watch much NHL hockey in early November you'll see most of the coaches are wearing their poppies, even US-based teams, especially when playing in Canada.

Speaking of poppies, how about over 800,000 being planted around the Tower of London. One for every British or Colonial soldier to die in WWI:
BBC
Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red

Mark

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16411

Positively luminescent Jeff!

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1959

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Positively luminescent Jeff!

Thank you Jim.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3512

Sometimes you just have to stop the car and take in the sunset...

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1781

msalvetti wrote:
stevez wrote:
Go4Long wrote:
Pretty safe to say everyone knows the purpose and significance.

Remembrance Day is not so well known outside the Commonweath countries, though. It's called Veterans Day here in the States, for instance, and poppies don't figure into it.

I first became aware of the tradition of wearing poppies on Remembrance Day when I was living in London in November 1986. I wish this was something we did in the States. I wore one on Veteran's Day once, and nobody got the significance, even at a Society of American Military Engineers meeting. And we don't wear them on Memorial Day either.

If you watch much NHL hockey in early November you'll see most of the coaches are wearing their poppies, even US-based teams, especially when playing in Canada.
Mark

The poppy Canadians wear looks totally different from the traditional UK one, of course. The French, surprisingly IMHO, also don't seem to understand the significance of the poppy. Some years ago I was at a civic function (totally unconnected with remembrance/the war) in Caen (just back from the Normandy beaches) on 11th November. The area was full of D-day veterans. At the dinner a young woman asked me why (the British contingent at the function) we didn't commemorate the war - I said, in French, "But we do, why do you think we are all wearing poppies?" to which she replied, "I don't know, why are you?"
Niall

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4600

Scooter

FlyingPhotog

1/15 and a little massage in post and you get:

jj_glos
Total Posts: 1254

This thread is awesome, I really should keep up to date with it as there's so much to catch up on now!

Anyone here shooting airshows with a Fuji X series? I tried recently with an old Sigma 300mm which turned out to have haze issues. I sucked badly

FlyingPhotog

BOOM Goes The Tinstix Of Dynamite
Melissa Pemberton and Skip Stewart
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2014

nrferguson

FlyingPhotog wrote:
1/15 and a little massage in post and you get:

Awesome!!

Wrei
Total Posts: 2291

No Ryan, I was long gone on my road to help NASA keep things from falling on our heads by 2001. Bob was the 147th resident T-33 Guru. I remember someone who wanted to add a T-33 to their collection asked him to inspect a couple to give them an evaluation. He loved those T-Birds.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2291

Jay, we have our popcorn and coke, let 'em rip!

richhrly
Total Posts: 973

Break out the salt shaker, it's time for the Canon Medium Format rumour mill to start again! http://petapixel.com/2014/08/06/rumored-canon-questionnaires-hint-possible-medium-format-future/

Taken on a non-medium format Canon:

FlyingPhotog

Pssst... Up There .. Let's Go!

J Mosher
Total Posts: 165

Jeff,
That FedEx shot done with a sepia vignette is fantastic!

Great shot and great processing! Definitely a favorite.

MD-10 or 11? The normal telltale signs are missing.

Jeremy

FlyingPhotog

Respect Mah (rudder) Authoritay!!!
Kyle Franklin and Dracula with a redonkulous flat turn...

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1959

Very nice work as always Jay. I'm especially fond of Dracula's flat turn and that horizontal smoke column

nrferguson

Off to Shuttleworth Collection Great War Commemoration Air Show on Sunday (providing Hurricane Bertha doesn't drench the UK in wind and rain - will I ever get to see the Edwardians in the air?) Anyway this will be there!
Niall

FlyingPhotog

Skip Stewart and Melissa Pemberton and the Tinstix closing pass...

1       2       3              4259      
       4261              4395       4396       end