Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4250

1       2       3              4250      
       4252              4344       4345       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

Hey, 22,000 looks from now we'll push through 5M. How about a hangar party, we'll get Garth to come and play!

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3613

http://theaviationist.com/2014/07/29/typhoon-comics-selfie/ cant find maker of photo but it is a cool one

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3613

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey, 22,000 looks from now we'll push through 5M. How about a hangar party, we'll get Garth to come and play!

A Party with Garth is always good

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3430

JWilsonphoto wrote:

You know I'd be there, Jim...and I'm not even a big country fan.

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1726

A couple of pages back, someone said they liked shots of aircraft taking off away from the camera - like this?

stevezzzz

Another view of the Pipistrel Sinus Flex over the Colorado Front Range foothills. This was before 9:00am: the thunderstorms are kicking up pretty good this afternoon.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7748

If you're considering the 14-24, you may want to browse through this thread if you're ready to buy:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1292521

Right now it's only 9 pages long.

BillyBlaylock wrote:
Any of you Nikon shooters have any experience with the 16-35 f4 VR? I understand the distortion can be tough below 20mm but is otherwise a sharp lens (according to all those online reviewers). I am looking at this for interior architecture. The 24 PC-E is on the wish list as well but I am not sure I am ready for that one just yet

---------------------------------------------

ELinder wrote:
I'm trying to decide myself between that one and the 14-24mm f/2.8G. By all accounts it's sharp everywhere, but costs a lot more. I thought about the PC-E, but either one of the zooms would be much more versatile.

Erich

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2872

BillyBlaylock wrote:
Erich,
I have looked at the 14-24 as well and it is defiantly tough to decide between that and the 16-35!

Jim,
You can add prophet to your business card (just use small font)!
I am trying to rationalize away the thought that I should bite the bullet and get the purpose built architecture lens and you are not helping . I am not a professional photographer (unlike you and others in this thread) but like have designs to move that way in the near future. The fiscally responsible side says get something that can be used for multiple purposes and sold rather easily if need be. The aggressive, quit leaving yourself an escape route, don't ever compromise your integrity, perfectionist side says bite the bullet and buy the $2,000 PC-E lens or you will always wonder if it mattered!

Well this turned into a psychology lesson rather quickly! I guess if it were easy everyone would do it and be good at it. Your answer was immensely useful and not boring at all - the bad thing is I had a good idea what your answer would be and I asked anyway...

Thanks all.

Not to be the one to push you over the edge, but there is a 24 PC-E on B&S right now:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1298578

Mark

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2105

Nikon may be coming out with a medium format camera.

http://petapixel.com/2014/07/29/rumor-nikon-planning-release-camera-featuring-sonys-50mp-medium-format-sensor/

ELinder
Total Posts: 511

Argh!, you people are making it far too easy to spend money on lenses!
Thanks for the opinions.
Erich

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 545

BillyBlaylock
Total Posts: 73

Thanks! I will check that one out.

msalvetti wrote:
BillyBlaylock wrote:
Erich,
I have looked at the 14-24 as well and it is defiantly tough to decide between that and the 16-35!

Jim,
You can add prophet to your business card (just use small font)!
I am trying to rationalize away the thought that I should bite the bullet and get the purpose built architecture lens and you are not helping . I am not a professional photographer (unlike you and others in this thread) but like have designs to move that way in the near future. The fiscally responsible side says get something that can be used for multiple purposes and sold rather easily if need be. The aggressive, quit leaving yourself an escape route, don't ever compromise your integrity, perfectionist side says bite the bullet and buy the $2,000 PC-E lens or you will always wonder if it mattered!

Well this turned into a psychology lesson rather quickly! I guess if it were easy everyone would do it and be good at it. Your answer was immensely useful and not boring at all - the bad thing is I had a good idea what your answer would be and I asked anyway...

Thanks all.

Not to be the one to push you over the edge, but there is a 24 PC-E on B&S right now:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1298578

Mark

BillyBlaylock
Total Posts: 73

Cool images. Thanks for pointing that one out.

NightOwl Cat wrote:
If you're considering the 14-24, you may want to browse through this thread if you're ready to buy:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1292521

Right now it's only 9 pages long.

BillyBlaylock wrote:
Any of you Nikon shooters have any experience with the 16-35 f4 VR? I understand the distortion can be tough below 20mm but is otherwise a sharp lens (according to all those online reviewers). I am looking at this for interior architecture. The 24 PC-E is on the wish list as well but I am not sure I am ready for that one just yet

---------------------------------------------

ELinder wrote:
I'm trying to decide myself between that one and the 14-24mm f/2.8G. By all accounts it's sharp everywhere, but costs a lot more. I thought about the PC-E, but either one of the zooms would be much more versatile.

Erich

stevezzzz

Stereo-X pair of the Boulder Valley Velodrome, nearing completion.

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 545

JWilsonphoto

Tough on us both for sure Nick. I love every minute that I spend with each of them and they are all growing up so fast that it makes me realize how fleeting all of this is. I hope that Chandler's and my time together, and the myriad of experiences that we share will provide him with great memories, some life experience and confidence so he can better handle what life will inevitably throw at him down the line. Who knows, he might be the one that decides to pick up my cameras and carry on.

JWilsonphoto

One thing we aviation photographers don't have to stay up at night thinking about

http://www.infocushd.com/blogs/news/14473789-5-000-reward-for-the-return-of-360-heros-rig

JWilsonphoto

Canon underwhelms for a second year............

stevezzzz

An air quality study on the Colorado Front Range deploys a swarm of air assets and some world-class acronyms.

http://bit.ly/1tZSQtn

Wrei
Total Posts: 2242

Here's a goofy thought: Why don't they develop or use a non-polluting sensing platforms (balloons/electric drones?) to sample/test pollution levels instead of adding to the problem?

1       2       3              4250      
       4252              4344       4345       end