Niall

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2451

I definitely didn't get images of any other aircraft that day
Here's one from that day
Niall

kdrk888
Total Posts: 1472

I went to Andrews AFB airshow yesterday on the 68th anniversary of the USAF's founding. A U-2 flew in and landed. I had never seen a U-2 in the air before. Hope you like it.

Douglas

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ySJCKD]CDL_6227 by Douglas Liu, on Flickr[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/yA8HYd]CDL_6261 by Douglas Liu, on Flickr[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/yQq6ao]CDL_6186 by Douglas Liu, on Flickr[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ySJyDH]CDL_7331 by Douglas Liu, on Flickr[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ySJyWg]CDL_7211 by Douglas Liu, on Flickr[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/yAdsHp]CDL_7722 by Douglas Liu, on Flickr[/url]

johnahill
Total Posts: 3390

Jan-Arie wrote:
Thanks Ray here is one from the silly shutter speed contest syngro demo Typhoon Spitfire at dusk for the officers at Coningsby

Man that is great, kudos to you and your panning skills

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

Two Immaculate Spitfire's Mk 1A courtesy of Comanche fighters Texas yes indeed owned by Dan Friedkin he was also flying one of the two.
The Spitfires are stationed in the UK and are operated by the Fighter Collection

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 723

Red Nose Rides Again - 2015 Christopher Buff, www.Aviationbuff.com

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

From Reno the word is Strega took the gold, Rare Bear 2nd, The Buick 3rd after Voodoo mayday'd...

Now we wait for Tim's and Jay's pictures along with anyone else lucky enough to be there...

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

Aviationbuff wrote:
Ain't Misbehavin at the 2015 Atlanta Warbird Weekend - Chris Buff, www.Aviationbuff.com

Loving all the Mustang pans Chris, but especially this perspective!

Erich

bergenor
Total Posts: 274

Blue Angels at Alliance......

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 723

Thank you Erich. Shooting from the control tower catwalk does have it's advantages...

Chris

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19267

Nice work Bee!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19267

Just got back from an evening with Garth Brooks. Still the consummate showman, every bit as humble as he was 20 years ago when we raced golf carts around in Scottsdale. The poor guy had very little voice left when he began this evening and none when he wrapped up 3 hours later, without break. He has a day off then back to it for one more in Dallas. Truthfully, I don't know how he'll do it. A testamony to his fans love for him, we sang along all night and helped him as his voice crumbled, no one cared a whit, just a pleasure to be with him.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

I've been grappling with how to express my feelings after a very difficult weekend that was filled with the lowest of lows and then the highest of highs. Hours after the photo below was taken on Saturday, my sweet granddaughter was being pulled from a swimming pool not breathing. The accident happened while she was attending a special event at a public pool with friends and families. Somehow she became trapped on the bottom while playing with a large group of kids in relative shallow water.

The tender mercies of the Lord were clearly evident during the next critical hour.

The quick actions of a watchful life guard had Nsly out of the water quickly and recitation was started without delay. The paramedics arrived in record time and restored her breathing quickly. Located less than a mile from the pool is one of the best children hospitals in Arizona. They have a special unit dedicated to dealing with young victims of drownings and near drownings. Two hours after the accident occurred, the doctors declared that my granddaughter appeared to have fully recovered. After spending the night at the hospital, Nsly was back home and in the arms of her loving family late Sunday evening.

I struggle to explain the feelings of helplessness and sorrow that gripped me when my son first called to inform me of the accident. At that moment, the outcome was uncertain. I prayed as hard as I have ever prayed during the next hour. Without question, many prayers were answered and tears of joy coursed my face as I embraced this sweet little girl on Sunday. Nsly is sitting on my lap as I type this post wondering why her Papa is such an emotional fellow.

There were over a dozen parents and six life guards watching these kids when Nsly's accident happened. It was no one's fault. Accidents happen no matter how well we think we are prepared. To say I'm grateful for the blessings my family were granted on Saturday would be an overwhelming understatement. Things could have easily ended much worse as they often do during the summer in Arizona.

Even though I know it goes without saying, make sure everyone you love knows you love them. Don't pass any opportunity to express your love to family and friends. When I saw my son's number on my iPhone Saturday afternoon, I was certain he was calling to ask me to borrow the lawn mower. You never know my friends...

JamesG
Total Posts: 307

A few quick snaps from the Duxford Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary show.

Had a chance to use the Canon 200-400 for the show. Was very impressed but as I hand hold it was certainly heavier than my 300mm f2.8 mk1 + 2x t/c combination, so need to think carefully before I decide to invest. Need to consider other possible upgrades.

XHawkeye
Total Posts: 292

Couple Vulcan pictures that were/are on my Twitter feed.

@rafredarrows Air-to-air pic of the #Vulcan & Red Arrows' flypast at #southportairshow today. Retweet to say your goodbye to @XH558

@RAFCircus1: Must be one of the coolest shadows in the world! @rafredarrows & @XH558 final flypast captured with RAFRed1

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Jeff W. wrote:
I've been grappling with how to express my feelings after a very difficult weekend that was filled with the lowest of lows and then the highest of highs...

You are truly Blessed my friend.

gerov
Total Posts: 9030

Jeff,
I am so glad that your prayers were answered and that your daughter's situation turned out so well. I try to remind myself to let my dear ones know that I love them as often as possible.

That is a beautiful portrait you took of her, and the depth of field is just perfect.

All my best,
Gero

johnahill

Jeff thank god she's ok, pools and kids can be a tricky combination. Hats off to the lifeguard and paramedics

johnahill

Sally B, bomb doors open

1       2       3              4249      
       4251              4532       4533       end