Total Posts: 3835

Glenn

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

Skyline...

Glenn

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

A great series Glenn, but wow love the light on that last one! It's got an awesome painterly feel to it.

Erich

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2013

Glenn,

They're all great, and I love modern military stuff, but that last "skyline" shot is really something special

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19268

Finally, today my video system felt like it was actually coming together. The Sachtler loaner/demo made a huge difference. While they are extremely proud of their product line (in a dollars and cents way), it appears to be justified. I opened the case, had the sticks extended and the head leveled in less time than it normally takes me to twist the legs down on my Gitzo. My RRS fluid head is a beautifully precision piece, but it's way out of it's league with an FS/7 or an F-55 mounted up. I'm thinking that i'll make someone a really good deal on that head, it's perfect for a camcorder or a DSLR.

Tomorrow is a serious video tweaking day for my system, with any luck we'll both be ready to dive into four days of serious video. Chandler is happy, because that frees up a boatload of still gear for him to use

JWilsonphoto

Beautiful work Glenn!

ELinder

If anyone is considering the Nikon 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, it's a great lens that stays sharp with the TC-14E III 1.4x teleconverter and focuses just as fast with it as the bare lens.

Erich

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2013

Anyone heading to alliance and not have the photo pit/tour pass for Saturday? I ended up with an extra...

No charge. Paying it forward for all the people in here that have been awesome over the years.

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2453

Just back from a nephew's wedding in Connemara - great craic!! Glenn your raptor etc photos are fabulous.
However, I need advice re a new monitor. My ViewSonic seems to have lost its mains suppressor as there's a moving edge to everything and if I swap it for another, ancient, Sony monitor the problem goes away. Suggestions about potential replacements welcomed - price isn't a major issue but I don't want to spend the earth. I'm running a PC
Niall

JWilsonphoto

FYI, as of yesterday I am a reseller/distributor for this great group:

http://eshop.macsales.com

I've been buying OWC's great products for years and their customer service is impeccable. Let me know if you need SSD's, Raid array's, Thunderbolt docks, anything they market, and I'll get you a quote. This all began with an order over the weekend of four Thunderbay 4 32 TB units to use in the 4K side of my work. Shortly I'll have 128TB up and running solely dedicated to 4k.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

nrferguson wrote:
Just back from a nephew's wedding in Connemara - great craic!! Glenn your raptor etc photos are fabulous.
However, I need advice re a new monitor. My ViewSonic seems to have lost its mains suppressor as there's a moving edge to everything and if I swap it for another, ancient, Sony monitor the problem goes away. Suggestions about potential replacements welcomed - price isn't a major issue but I don't want to spend the earth. I'm running a PC
Niall

Niall,

Is your machine / graphics card capable of running a 4K monitor?
What screen size are you looking for?

Mark

JWilsonphoto

Full shot of the Sachtler "sticks". They designed it to be set up really quickly with lever releases and the feet ($800), along with a center spreader support, make it stable as a bridge.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Looks like the tripod for my transit level...maybe now that the house is done I should repurpose?

ELinder

After Sunday's performance in Cleveland, Rob Holland flew up to Chicago to pick up his airplane fresh off the freighter from his gold medal performance at the WAC so he could fly it in the Monday Labor Day airshow. For those who haven't seen it, here's a video of the 4 minute freestyle performance from the competition. https://youtu.be/sBsDHCckqRI

Erich

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2453

MMcGrath wrote:
nrferguson wrote:
Niall

Niall,

Mark

It's an Nvidia GTX760 card, which I don't think runs 4K My existing monitor is a 24" widescreen though I would probably go up to a 27" (I don't think my desk would take any larger)

MMcGrath

Go4Long wrote:
Anyone heading to alliance and not have the photo pit/tour pass for Saturday? I ended up with an extra...

No charge. Paying it forward for all the people in here that have been awesome over the years.

Steve,

That is a very generous offer of you. If he's not already going to the show, maybe Jim's grandson would be a good recipient of that ticket.

MMcGrath

nrferguson wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
nrferguson wrote:
Niall

Niall,

Mark

It's an Nvidia GTX760 card, which I don't think runs 4K My existing monitor is a 24" widescreen though I would probably go up to a 27" (I don't think my desk would take any larger)

The Dell Ultrasharp ranges get good reviews on the post processing and printing board - there are a few different versions with varying price points.

JWilsonphoto

Absolutely Ray, and did you know that they are worth 8 grand?!

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9906

Glenn Watson wrote:
The other Cadillac of the skies!

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one, Glenn. Bonanzas and Barons are often praised for their light control feel, performance and agility... and those who come from Cessnas also praise the wider 44" cabin. But if you want the most comfortable cabin out there, nothing comes close to the 49" beam of the Pipers. The extra 5" of shoulder room is worth quite a lot on a long flight, and the greater size of the passenger/cargo door combo were always highly valued by my passengers.

I still miss my Piper Seneca... although my current mission profiles favor a faster airplane with more range (at least the C414, ideally a PC-12), something about the trustworthiness, reliability, efficiency, and comfort of that platform just speaks to me.

JWilsonphoto

The PC 12 is difficult to beat. JR and I went long into the night last night discussing the PC12 and Phenom 300. You can buy a shiny new 12 and have 5.5M left over for jet A, but then the 300 is a pretty cool ride as well.

1       2       3              4237      
       4239              4532       4533       end