1       2       3              4217      
       4219              4251       4252       end

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7562

Ahoy matey, looked pretty good there

stevez wrote:
How I spent my Fourth of July...

http://youtu.be/OBguShgJzYA

...competing in Vegas with Sound of the Rockies.

Edit to add TOPP

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15930

Just in case anyone wants to burn bunches of JetA, a buddy of mine is selling his A4........................

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9700

I'm with Jim on the risk/return analysis. I've given up several things that I enjoyed immensely -- motorcycles and skydiving are good examples -- because I looked at the statistics and I simply don't believe I can have a reasonable expectation of doing them for a lifetime without a significant probability of death or life-changing injuries.

Simply put, grandchildren and old age next to my bride trump everything else.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2184

Tell ya what. At 63, with 5 grands and a bride of 40+ years, I need a little stimulation to continue making life fun. Sure, having fun with the grands will always be fun. I have always popped up with something to stimulate my need for exhilaration. Today, while finishing the farm house stimulates my creative half of the brain, I need something to take my breath away. Fortunately, my buddy Glenn has been able to provide a burst at the right time.

Writing about the farm house, the wainscot I fabricated, installed and painted the last couple of days. Like they say, 'if you want something done right..."

JWilsonphoto

Beautiful Wrei! I am a believer in your quote, do it yourself and avoid the disappointment. That being said, on the way home from church a little while ago Sheila and I were discussing building a new home, and where we would build it. I did say that I would have a professional landscape plan drawn and implemented by one of my landscape architect/clients, and then would contract to have it impeccably maintained, and seasonally refreshed. Just once I would like to pull into my driveway without seeing something I need to plant, replant, replace, trim, mow, edge, weed whack.

We know the design we would build, all on one level, between five and six thousand sq. ft. My biggest client would build it. Ross Jr. owns the land we'd put it on, in a gated community about a half mile from where we currently live, so it would all be in the family.

JWilsonphoto

If you would like to kit build your new BBJ, I think I know where you can buy cheap fuselages.................

http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinthesky/2014/07/05/train-derailment-spills-boeing-737-fueslages-into-river/12258639/

JWilsonphoto

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Ahoy matey, looked pretty good there

stevez wrote:
How I spent my Fourth of July...

http://youtu.be/OBguShgJzYA

...competing in Vegas with Sound of the Rockies.

Edit to add TOPP

Now why didn't we think of that.................................?

JWilsonphoto

Something that I know most of us, if not all of us struggle with, is that tugging when we feel like photographic excellence is close at hand, but time, obligations, schedules make it impossible to stay and go after what our instincts are telling us is just around the bend.

I have seen thousands of places over the last 32 years, through one eye, as I performed the commercial photography duties placed before me. Many of them I made mental notes about, hoping to return at a less harried time in my life. There will likely never be a time when something isn't pulling on us, but I'm beginning to feel like the time is drawing near to go back after some of the things that time wouldn't previously allow.

I'm sorting through some imagery from a recent trip and it has reinforced my desire to take the knowledge and the gear I have been blessed with, and really go after a myriad of subjects that are out there waiting. How wonderful is it that we have this passion, that never gets old , whose subjects are limitless, and that we have been given the drive that no matter how great our imagery is from today, tomorrow is a new day and we know it can be better.

JWilsonphoto

Hey, did you all see the video from a Phantom II that the guy launched into a fireworks show? Not saying that was the brightest thing to do, but the video is amazing and it didn't get shot down. JR showed it to me and told me that if I had done that and it got disintegrated, he'd have replaced it just because it was such a cool idea. I'd have to give that some thought. I must be missing something, how do you fly the quad when you can't see it? I know you can monitor what it's seeing on the Black Pearl HD monitor, but how do you launch it into a fireworks show at night, hover it between 400 and 1,000' and bring it back to you safely? I start breathing hard when it gets a few hundred feet away from me.

Razor17
Total Posts: 299

Or this one over Scotland...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mRn5mdFDvw

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2131

Razor17 wrote:
Or this one over Scotland...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mRn5mdFDvw

Most of that is within about a 3-5 hour drive of me. The steam train going over the viaduct is the same viaduct as in the Harry Potter movie.

At some stage I will make the time to go shoot some of the fantastic landscapes that are on my door step.

If you guys want to bring some warbirds & photo platforms over, then I can guarantee the scenery.

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 489

Executive Power - Spartan Executive head-on. Christopher Buff, www.Aviationbuff.com

futurshox
Total Posts: 2358

The lights on the DJI quads are pretty bright at night. I don't think he'd have any trouble following it. And you've always got the 'bring me home' button.

But yeah; I'm not sure I'd be sending my quad into a barrage of anti-aircraft fire, myself...

yipDog
Total Posts: 127

A little test shot for an upcoming project which will not be at this airport or include this plane.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3507

Shame nice Pilatus

yipDog
Total Posts: 127

I know he owner of the plane so hoping to turn it into a project too. Really want to do A2A with it!!

Jan-Arie wrote:
Shame nice Pilatus

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2131

Marine Nationale Rafale M at the Nato Tiger Meet.

Just above the forward slime strip, this aircraft carries mission markings.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2184

Haven't heard the 'tape lights' called 'slime strips' before. Funny.

JWilsonphoto

I'll bet you do have some beautiful compositions at your fingertips Mark. Who knows, we just might be able to put together a B25 tour in your neck of the woods. Certainly no shortage of historic subjects and beautiful canvases. The question would be, would I fly the 25 over with Gunny, or go by more civilized livery? Hard decision. Maybe do a leg or two in the 25 and have the jet meet us. I know that I wouldn't have to suggest the trip twice to Gunny, he'd be all over it!

JWilsonphoto

Hi Rob,

Is your production still or video? Those darn sodium vapor security lights are tough to deal with. I have a brainstorming session coming up on my T-38 film. When I know a little more about the direction it's going to take, I'll give you a call. Thanks again for your kind offer.

1       2       3              4217      
       4219              4251       4252       end