Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4217

1       2       3              4217      
       4219              4532       4533       end

KJindaUK
Total Posts: 646

stevez wrote:
KJindaUK wrote:
I had the privilege of flying a 45 minute photoshoot with the Vulcan yesterday (longest airborne shoot since she returned to flight) over the Isle of Wight and along the south coast. Truly awesome experience and with time fast running out for the Vulcan something I never thought would happen. Images are for the VTTS so I can't share any until next year unfortunately, but I will eventually.

Kev

Kev, you lucky dog! Were you aloft in a camera ship during the Beachy Head demo? That video you shared on FB is something else.

No Steve, we had to break from the Vulcan just before he got to Beachy Head, the video starts with Kev Rumens and Bill Perrin running in past the lighthouse a few seconds after we split. It did look and sound great on the video, one of those days where you wish you could be in two places at once!

Kev

KJindaUK
Total Posts: 646

You caught the Norwegians very well Niall. I'm planning on doing Dawlish next Saturday, another seaside show with a great high viewpoint to shoot from.

Cheers,

Kev

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19267

14 hours of Photoshop yesterday, 12 more today and this project is a wrap. Decided to reward myself with some health food.....

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

nrferguson wrote:

Presumably that was for Eastbourne. I was there today (but of course the Vulcan wasn't) However, saw the Mig-15 for the first time and had fun experimenting with the 100-400 plus 1.4ext on the 1DX and the 500 F4 on my 7D2 (which I'm not totally happy about - but maybe it will grow on me)
Niall

Those are all high wing loading aircraft, Niall; particularly that last one.

brian_sp
Total Posts: 2625

JWilsonphoto wrote:
14 hours of Photoshop yesterday, 12 more today and this project is a wrap. Decided to reward myself with some health food.....

my tongue just hit the floor
don't have a five guys locally but whenever i am in Minnesota i always go, and will there be next weekend and my first stop was planned for five guys, love those burgers and cajun fries

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

great video

JWilsonphoto

I'm with you Brian. Normally I'm a fairly healthy eater, but I had consumed about all the salads I could face, so I went for Five Guys, no regrets!

JWilsonphoto

Airborne is a great group of people Jan Arie, first class. I've been talking with them over the past month or so. There are several things that we may collaborate on.

JWilsonphoto

Back home with my Sweetie! I thought I was going to miss her birthday for the first time since we met in 1964, but The Good Lord didn't let that happen.

I sat down in my seat in JAX this morning and the next thing I knew we were descending into Dallas. A fifteen minute flight, kind of supersonic in a way

My new 8 bay QNAP unit was sitting in the foyer when I walked in. Couldn't believe it, unboxed it, installed the WD Reds, plugged it into my existing QNAP and boom, 96TB. These guys are first class.

Jan-Arie

Hey Jim Congratulations with your wife's birthday.
impressive 96TB of storage I'm still saving some money to get my first backup system.

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4122

96TB...OMG !

Bill Gass

Got some old books from a friend, more like a year book for pilots maybe
One says, DIALECT, 2/LT. JIMMIE H. FIELDS, fifty three Charlie
The other, BASE LEG, KINSTON, JIMMY H. FIELDS, 53-C

Lots of pictures of pilots, planes, etc.

Ring a bell to anyone out there ?

stevezzzz

Wrei wrote:
My wife and I took a trip in the way-back machine today. We were looking at old photos and saw many were beginning to deteriorate. Today I ordered a new Epson photo/film scanner and a 2 TB hard drive. 2 TB may not be enough, but it will be a start!

Our first date, October, 1966

Wrei, that does my heart good just looking at it. Thanks for sharing!

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Thank you Steve. My Mother and Father-in-Law were the parents always taking photos. I am glad they did. We try to do the same.

stevezzzz

Bristol Blenheim at Duxford Flying Legends last month. What an ungainly looking beast...

Jan-Arie

Bill Gass wrote:
Got some old books from a friend, more like a year book for pilots maybe
One says, DIALECT, 2/LT. JIMMIE H. FIELDS, fifty three Charlie
The other, BASE LEG, KINSTON, JIMMY H. FIELDS, 53-C

Lots of pictures of pilots, planes, etc.

Ring a bell to anyone out there ?

Hey Bill are the books something like this

If so he probably was a pilot at Webb Airforcebase in Class 53-C
Maybe if you have the time you can post some of the plane photo's so we continue the search
the photo is from class book 53F Hondo afb

if you maybe come by the name Aviation Cadet Robert F. Escalle, Class 53-C in one of the books we know it for sure he was a T33 pilot at that photo

Bill Gass

No, but close tho.
I think these were T6 pilots.
Here's a pix, the buckle came with the books, says BOEING in the middle.

Jan-Arie

Bill Gass wrote:
No, but close tho.
I think these were T6 pilots.
Here's a pix, the buckle came with the books, says BOEING in the middle.

Cool the base leg book is Marine Corps Auxiliary Airfield Kinston - the other one I can't find at the moment so you have some interesting stuff I'm off to bed continue tomorrow

it's also known as Stallings Air Base

JWilsonphoto

Bill Gass wrote:
96TB...OMG !

Yes Billy Boy, I sit here looking at the new 96TB enclosures and below them are enclosures totaling another 96TB. The older enclosures are all within a few hundred gig of full. Then there are four 20TB Drobo's whirring (I hope!) away at HQ. So, around 300TB at the moment and that does not include the 4K video array that I am designing to archive what we shoot on our video projects. Given the investment we're going to make in procuring that footage, I'm thinking that we'll need triple redundancy at a minimum on those projects.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2777

I plunked down some backing cash on this today: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fotokite-phi-a-flying-camera-on-a-leash

A drone on a string! FotoKite, it's called. No GPS, no remote control, comes in a little tube and carries a GoPro. Take it out of the tube, switch on, throw into sky, film. It will go to about 30 feet if you're holding it up; enough to get over trees and houses. I would have loved this on my road trip last year.

1       2       3              4217      
       4219              4532       4533       end