Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4203

1       2       3              4203      
       4205              4533       4534       end

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Jan-Arie wrote:
Absolute top notch set of shots Jay super crispy... I hope they ask you to come back next year..

Pretty sure that's already in the works. They seemed pleased with what I brought to the table this year. Doubly so since I wasn't even "recruited" until I got there so I had no benefit of any ongoing comms leading up to this year's convention.

It was, um, "educational"

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19270

Well done Jay! Yes, that is always an "interesting" experience. I enjoyed shooting up there when my good friend Tom P and his Dad were running the show, less and less as that came to an end.

I had pretty much figured I probably wouldn't attend again, until Chili asked my to take him. We already have it set up, Citation Jet up and back, a suite at the Hilton and a slew of parties during our stay. Chandler will get to see OSH in first class fashion. I think I should set him up to camp under some wing on a broiling/freezing OSH night just so he knows the real experience!

FlyingPhotog

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Well done Jay! Yes, that is always an "interesting" experience. I enjoyed shooting up there when my good friend Tom P and his Dad were running the show, less and less as that came to an end.

I had pretty much figured I probably wouldn't attend again, until Chili asked my to take him. We already have it set up, Citation Jet up and back, a suite at the Hilton and a slew of parties during our stay. Chandler will get to see OSH in first class fashion. I think I should set him up to camp under some wing on a broiling/freezing OSH night just so he knows the real experience!

Oh, he definitely should experience the North 40!

I just see this as an evolutionary step. Hang around long enough and people will either let you in or tell you to go away. Since the latter hasn't happened up there yet, I figure the former was inevitable!

A few folks were laboring under the assumption that I'd been shooting for EAA for a couple of years now.
Um, nope.

But yes, it's not the same environment it once was. There's hope and I don't think it will ever be as bad as the Hightower tenure, but it still needs some slag knocked off the edges.

JWilsonphoto

Taking nothing away from the EAA photo staff, because they are wonderful, they are not you!

JWilsonphoto

As I prepare for the onslaught of 4K and higher res media, it appears that I'll be moving back into Mac Pro Tower territory. I have no delusions about becoming a post processing whiz, but I think I need the horsepower just to manage what is to come. I spent the morning with my guys at The Apple Store speccing a unit that should make the lights in the neighborhood dim. The RAID array will be a 128 TB GTech system for starters. Apple suggests a Sharp 32" 4K monitor for the system.

A bonus, my Mac Pro will be built in The Lone Star Capitol, Austin.

richhrly
Total Posts: 993

Went into the wrong folder on my Mac, and ended up with this staring back at me. 90% sure I didn't post this last year. From RIAT 2014, Tiffie Time:

FlyingPhotog

Hun-dred And One Shades...

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

Looks like it's time to change a tire cool shot

FlyingPhotog

Jan-Arie wrote:

It does look like a little chord showing on the left main, doesn't it?

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:

It does look like a little chord showing on the left main, doesn't it?

The tire is OK as long as the tread depth meets the tolerance.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

Jay,

Loving the L-19 A2A shot. Perfect light.

MMcGrath

I think I may need to look into the practicalities of going to OSH next year.

How many nights do they let the fireworks off?

MMcGrath

JWilsonphoto wrote:
As I prepare for the onslaught of 4K and higher res media, it appears that I'll be moving back into Mac Pro Tower territory. I have no delusions about becoming a post processing whiz, but I think I need the horsepower just to manage what is to come. I spent the morning with my guys at The Apple Store speccing a unit that should make the lights in the neighborhood dim. The RAID array will be a 128 TB GTech system for starters. Apple suggests a Sharp 32" 4K monitor for the system.

A bonus, my Mac Pro will be built in The Lone Star Capitol, Austin.

Jim,

You may want to take a look at this article

http://9to5mac.com/2014/12/23/mac-pro-monitor-review-the-best-4k-displays-for-mac/

Although it's now 7 months old, at the time Dell were using a Sharp screen in their 32" monitor at half the price.

FlyingPhotog

MMcGrath wrote:
I think I may need to look into the practicalities of going to OSH next year.

How many nights do they let the fireworks off?

As things have run for the last couple of years, they do two evening / night shows with fireworks and a wall of fire at the end on Wednesday and Saturday of convention week.

FlyingPhotog

Exit .. Stage Left!
A rare (but short lived) left traffic pattern for Warbird launches

FlyingPhotog

Panchito on a mock bombing run...

rkelley
Total Posts: 554

Great L-19 pic Jay. I've logged about 1000hrs and around 6000 glider tows in L-19's, they're one of my favorite airplanes. A ton of fun too fly, never get tired of seeing them. Anybody with a license really ought to seek out an opportunity to fly one.

With both front windows folding up against the wing, and both rear windows folding inward and up to the ceiling, I've often thought they'd make a pretty reasonable but slow A2A platform, especially since the rear seat can be configured to sit facing rearward.

Thanks again,
RK

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

cool stuff again just watched some video of osh on youtube with the F4 F100 A4 Mig very cool indeed

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Mark. I have seen information on that monitor. I just sent an email to my Guy at Dell for his opinion.

FlyingPhotog

Heart Of Darkness
F-100F Recovering

1       2       3              4203      
       4205              4533       4534       end