Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4166

1       2       3              4166      
       4168              4244       4245       end

Razor17
Total Posts: 299

Chris Luvara wrote:
I was honored to fly in a missing man for another great aviator we lost earlier this month. Here's a short clip from that flight.

https://vimeo.com/95244343

Really nice Chris, thanks for sharing it...

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2060

cambyses, welcome to MA2A, home to the best aviation thread on the world wide web. You have some nice shots, but in my opinion, they have a blue tint to them, and the Corsair looks too blue to me. It should be a Navy Blue instead of what I would call a neon blue. Perhaps, changing the white balance might help. My processing skills leave a lot to be desired, and I am viewing these on a monitor that has never been calibrated since I have had it, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Seattlebruins shots look too blue to me as well, but all of the other posts with images look fine.

Regards, Colin

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15897

You are right on the money Colin. I notice that effect occasionally from some of our posters, just a difference in monitors.

JWilsonphoto

Weston's baseball game was in perfect light this evening. Isn't it cool how we love having our cameras in our hands regardless of where we are? What a neat thing to have a passion for, the variety is virtually endless.

JWilsonphoto

Oh yeah, there was a little rabbit trail during the seventh inning stretch..............

JWilsonphoto

Whoops, those are iPad retina screen res

MrPlastic
Total Posts: 290

This reporter was a bit too close when tanker 911 (or is it 910?) dropped its payload.

http://youtu.be/V6JoEG-sNMY

JWilsonphoto

That link doesn't seem to want to go anywhere.

MrPlastic
Total Posts: 290

Hmm...took it straight from the YouTube "share" window.

I'll try again with an unshortened link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6JoEG-sNMY

That didn't work, either.

Attempt #3: http://boingboing.net/2014/05/15/dc10-unloads-fire-retardant-on.html

JWilsonphoto

Yuk! I can't imagine that stuff is good for you!

JWilsonphoto

Anyone noticed that the posting timelines are not accurate within hours? Wonder what is going on?

JWilsonphoto

What was that King Air doing? Flying interference for the KC10?

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1829

JWilsonphoto wrote:
What was that King Air doing? Flying interference for the KC10?

The King Air is serving as a lead plane for Tanker 10. The heavy slurry bombers generally have a lead plane guide them to the drop zone and King Air's seem to be the preferred platform. Every year they hold a "lead plane" training school at Willie for these pilots. There were at least 20 King Airs there this year.

Tanker 10 was working Willie a couple of years ago and over-filled the canoe. On take-off, it was leaking badly and inadvertently slurry a bunch of cars in the extended stay parking area. I'm told it cleaned up without too much trouble

JWilsonphoto

Kind of what I figured. Thanks for the info Jeff. Those tanker drivers really earn their money. Can you imagine horsing that aircraft around at low altitude, loaded or otherwise?

WX in Texas is absolutely perfection, hope you all have a nice weekend wherever you are!

dtw757
Total Posts: 92

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Kind of what I figured. Thanks for the info Jeff. Those tanker drivers really earn their money. Can you imagine horsing that aircraft around at low altitude, loaded or otherwise?

WX in Texas is absolutely perfection, hope you all have a nice weekend wherever you are!

Jim...every time I see that 10 doing a low level I am in amazement. I spent a couple of thousand hours as a copilot(First O) in them early in my career and when asked how it flew...would say...like a dump truck that glides very well. Hard to lose altitude, felt massive (as opposed to other heavies), yet easy and a lot of fun to fly. Hang some flaps out, get slower and you have your dump truck. I have to admire those fire fighter 10 drivers..

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 2902

MrPlastic wrote:
Hmm...took it straight from the YouTube "share" window.

I'll try again with an unshortened link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6JoEG-sNMY

That didn't work, either.

Attempt #3: http://boingboing.net/2014/05/15/dc10-unloads-fire-retardant-on.html

Wrei: this answers your question about people putting weird stuff on their lenses??

JWilsonphoto

OK Jo and Zim, I must be dumb as a post because this high dollar DJI and I are not forming a beautiful relationship. After a half hour this morning in a huge open sports field where I couldn't hurt anything (but myself!) I packed the darn thing up and tossed it in my car.

Start up and lift off seemed normal, then it acted like it had a mind of it's own, full speed diagonally with little to no recognition that I was attempting control inputs. Maybe I need to do the whole calibration regimen all over again. I'm getting a little bored with bouncing three grand off the grass over and over. This morning had me reconsidering hand recovery, at least as it pertains to "challenged" pilots. I have several small bandaids on my forearm where it managed to bite me. All in all, not enjoying the creative effort with my new toy yet.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4369

The Sound And The Fury
One of four Wright 3350s on a restored DC-7 barks to life

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4369

Phoenix Rising
Douglas DC-7 has four turning at Coolidge, AZ

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3498

Do you have sound Please

1       2       3              4166