Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4156

1       2       3              4156      
       4158              4838       4839       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 18837

Well I guess if you haven't noticed anything weird, then the guards aren't causing a problem. JR did get me the deluxe case so , as Zim pointed out, that would be useless if I put them on.. I'm thinking the hand launch/recovery technique will be the route I go. Having gourmet south of the border cuisine at Taco Bueno, then heading to HQ to dig in.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4056

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Well I guess if you haven't noticed anything weird, then the guards aren't causing a problem. JR did get me the deluxe case so , as Zim pointed out, that would be useless if I put them on.. I'm thinking the hand launch/recovery technique will be the route I go. Having gourmet south of the border cuisine at Taco Bueno, then heading to HQ to dig in.

Mine is just a Pelican case I bought and custom fit to the Phantom, so it's only semi-deluxe.

I ran into a guy at the Rockies game last night (they beat the Rangers, 12-1, BTW) who owns a small chain of restaurants down your way, Hacienda Ranch I think he said. Heard of them?

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2392

stevez wrote:
I did not get a photo Steve, but it is located on the back/east side of an existing Chevron Gas Station & Convenience Store at 3919 South Avenue 3 E. Here is a GoogleMap link:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/24+Hour+Chevron+Gas+Station+%26+Convenience+Store+Ave.+3E+@+MCAS+(Marine+Base)+Main+Gate,+Yuma,+AZ/@32.6565508,-114.5804889,100m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x55b56c69af07fdd6

Way at the back, behind the strip mall? Or just along the back wall of the Chevron?

Along the back wall of the Chevron. In a weird way, it made sense to me that they co-located it with a traditional gas station/convenience store.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

In 2011, on a grey, rainy day in Everett, WA, Boeing handed over the first operational 787 Dreamliner to All Nippon Airways. I think the look on this young lady's face pretty much summed up the "hopes and dreams" for the 787 program at that time.

We get so wrapped up in the sound and fury of the aircraft themselves, that we often forget that there are real blood, sweat and tears involved in the industry as well...

Hopes And Dreams

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2607

UK airline Easyjet are developing their own drones to allow engineers to carry out engineering inspections of difficult to reach areas of aircraft.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27308232

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3757

Hey Steve/JW/Jo: Whats your guess at the max forward speed of those Phantoms?

JWilsonphoto

WOW Glenn, I don't know at this point…um….faster than I can control it? They climb like the proverbial BOOH!

JWilsonphoto

What a great portrait Jay!

BTW, I meant to, but haven't, commented on Jan Arie's foray into portraiture…….loved them! Hands down favorite is the little guy headed out the door. The composition, lighting, DOF, the whole package just warms my heart!

futurshox
Total Posts: 2745

JWilsonphoto wrote:
WOW Glenn, I don't know at this point…um….faster than I can control it? They climb like the proverbial BOOH!

Yeah; what Jim said!
They climb fast and fall slower.... They come down faster if you put some sideways motion in there. I find myself having to do a falling-leaf type manouver if I want it to come down quickly, and in the same general bit of sky.

stevezzzz

Terrific, Jay!

stevezzzz

Spitfire painted in the colors of Cmdr Al Deere and owned by Brendon Deere, his grandnephew (I think). Warbirds Over Wanaka 2014.

JWilsonphoto

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is simply how it's done!

Itsed65
Total Posts: 139

C-5M Super Galaxy taking off at Travis AFB

Up we go! by lennycarl08, on Flickr

Zane Adams
Total Posts: 331

Beautiful Spitfires Steve!

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is simply how it's done!

Thanks, Jim!

If I could bottle the magic that happens on some panning passes, I'd really have something. At 420mm and 1/60 sec, to have that second shot be a) fully within the frame and b) tack sharp is little short of miraculous. And I have 15,000 other frames from that airshow to prove it!

[Edit for TOPP: RNZAF's new MH90]

JWilsonphoto

The rest doesn't matter Zim, what you captured and posted does, and they are outstanding.

JWilsonphoto

Just finished installing new props and updating all the firmware/software in the Phantom and the Zenmuse. Now to get up to speed on the Black Pearl HD monitor. Got Sheila's attention tonight, after the updates, when I fired the Phantom up in the middle of the family room

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4040

Yeah Steve most stunning

richhrly
Total Posts: 993

That second Spit shot is something else Steve!

carrg1954
Total Posts: 1245

stevez wrote:
Spitfire painted in the colors of Cmdr Al Deere and owned by Brendon Deere, his grandnephew (I think). Warbirds Over Wanaka 2014.

nice

1       2       3              4156      
       4158              4838       4839       end