Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4143

1       2       3              4143      
       4145              4531       4532       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19260

That will work great Steve, much more convenient. I have no idea what my schedule is going to be given our weather. Headed to Houston for three large projects that need to be completed in the next 7 days.

Let me know if anything changes. I still have room, but currently have Phenom 300's in both hangars.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

My obsession with the hood ornament on a 1952 Pontiac Chieftain knows no bounds...

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

Jeff W. wrote:
My obsession with the hood ornament on a 1952 Pontiac Chieftain knows no bounds...

Really like the 2nd one...

andrewhuxman
Total Posts: 393

Quad City 2015

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

JWilsonphoto wrote:
That will work great Steve, much more convenient. I have no idea what my schedule is going to be given our weather. Headed to Houston for three large projects that need to be completed in the next 7 days.

Let me know if anything changes. I still have room, but currently have Phenom 300's in both hangars.

#smalljetinfestation

Massimo Foti
Total Posts: 655

Back to Kbely Museum:

Bucker Bu 131 build by Aero:

Aero C-104 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

Siebel Si 204 build by Aero:

Aero C-3A by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

Aero Ae-45 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

JWilsonphoto wrote:

Thanks, Jim. ADS is more convenient, but I was looking forward to a little hang time with you, especially since I'll miss AFW.

With the forecast being for a good chance of thunderstorms, how early should I plan to be down and put away in the hangar on Thursday at ADS? With five hours en route and one fuel stop (and losing an hour to the time zone difference), I could realistically plan for a 2pm arrival, and earlier if need be.

SeanW
Total Posts: 7

Hi everyone! I'm back! I used to post on occasion under the username "shaggy wolf," but appear to have not only lost the password for that account, but the email account it was registered to. Ah well.

I got out to Westover AFB this Sunday for the Great New England Air Show. Great show, with the Blue Angels, Snowbirds, CF-18 and F-22 demos, and a bunch of others. We were supposed to head out on Saturday, but the weather was looking dicey so we opted for Sunday instead. I've only seen my pictures through the teeny screen on the back of my camera, but it looks like I might have some good ones. This will likely be my only show for the year, so hopefully there's some gems in there.

The only "teaser" shot I have available right now is from my phone, and not the greatest quality
2015-05-17 09.01.22 by Shaggy Wolf, on Flickr

Hopefully in the next few days I'll have some real photos to post

edit: lemme fix that picture...

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

Welcome back Sean.

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4118

Yo Shaggy !

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

Mr Wolf! How ya doing?

Massimo, I'm enjoying your museum pictures. Lots of interesting beasties you have there.

Here look, I found a Bleriot.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Jo, those wheels look like they came off my Western Flyer!

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

Well, I never said it was an original Bleriot

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Original or reproduction...it is still a classic!

Massimo Foti
Total Posts: 655

futurshox wrote:
Massimo, I'm enjoying your museum pictures. Lots of interesting beasties you have there.

Glad you like them. I try to select the most interesting and rare subjects.

KZinnack
Total Posts: 168

I made it to the Westover ARB show both days this weekend. I know that the base commander and all of the sponsors were expecting a really big attendance both days because of the Blue Angles, Snow Birds, the F-22 demo team, and it's been 3 years since the last air show. Saturday was my day to go with the family and it started out with overcast and rain. By the time we got through the gate the rain was gone and the overcast was starting to break up. By afternoon it was partly sunny and everyone flew. Saturday attendance is estimated at around 120,000. The best part of the show was that I got to see it with both my parents and my 8 year old grandson. He's had a nasty cold but still insisted on going with us. The minute we hit the base and he saw the first airplane it was like someone flipped a switch. His face lit up and he didn't stop asking questions or running around until we got back in the van to leave.

Of all the pictures I took this weekend, this is my favorite..

KZinnack

Sunday I was back at Westover ARB for the air show but, this time I was working (for those who don't know, I'm a firefighter/paramedic and like all firefighters I have a secon...er third job and work as a paramedic for the private ambulance company that was providing EMS for the air show.) Early attendance estimates for Sunday were well over 200,000 under "severe clear" skies, temps in the low 90's, and a nice breeze. In spite of the fact we treated nearly 200 people I did have time to take a couple pictures.

KZinnack

Sean/Shaggy, I wish I knew you were there on Sunday! I would have been great to meet another FM member. Here's a couple more...

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

stevez wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

Thanks, Jim. ADS is more convenient, but I was looking forward to a little hang time with you, especially since I'll miss AFW.

With the forecast being for a good chance of thunderstorms, how early should I plan to be down and put away in the hangar on Thursday at ADS? With five hours en route and one fuel stop (and losing an hour to the time zone difference), I could realistically plan for a 2pm arrival, and earlier if need be.

Steve, if you don't mind my 2cents, that should be a good time as the weather guesser didn't do to good today but you never know. The last few days it has been overcast in the mornings except today. Plan accordingly and fly safe...

Lynn

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19260

Well today had been forecast as pc here in oil town, but my alarm was thunder and lightening at 6 am. A quick flip to the HOU weather station showed us getting six inches of rain since midnight and a tornado embedded in the storm on a track for my hotel and the project I'm here to shoot shortly after that. We definitely got the wet, the tornado retreated to the heavens.

1       2       3              4143      
       4145              4531       4532       end