/forum/topic/600984/4142

1       2       3              4142      
       4144              4242       4243       end

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2059

Lucky's Vettes

Ryan Harris
Total Posts: 63

In a constant reminder of how dangerous this aviation game can be, the Sanders family Sea Fury, Dreadnaught, had a mid-air with their own Cessna 210 today in California. The Sea Fury landed safely at home while the 210 spun into the bay. They have not located the 210 yet nor does it appear that he got out ok. No word on if this was supposed to be a planned formation flight or any of the circumstances of how it ultimately happened.

Keep your heads on a swivel up there...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3177

I was commenting on James's static photos from the outdoor aviation museum a few pages back, and noted that the airframes were lit with a different color temperature of light than the backgrounds. That sunrise I just posted had a related problem: the light from the sky was so red that the vegetation in the foreground and the green hills in the background were showing up as nearly black. So to save the situation I opened up the Shadows in LR and used the adjustment brush tool to paint a -100 color adjustment (-100 on the green-magenta scale) over all the greenery in the photo.

kwbarnes
Total Posts: 190

Dreadnaught was a display aircraft at a charity fundraising event, held annually at the Half Moon Bay airport (KHAF). Evidently the accident happened after Dreadnaught left the event. A local news source is reporting that the Cessna also belongs to Dreadnaught's owners.

They are still searching for the Cessna's pilot.

USM IS
Total Posts: 1221

stevez wrote:
USM IS wrote:
I would put it before the board. Card is puked, or something wrong in camera? Out of 815 exp on card these were in a burst in the center. There were other fast action bursts, but only had eight like this, every other pic. Lexar UDMA 7 1000x. And does anyone know if the new 1066 will work with a 1dMkIV or not?

Thanks, Mike

There's something going around, Mike: my Lexar Professional UDMA 7 1000x 32GB card started doing this at Wanaka…only a dozen or two of the images in the 1400 or so on there are compromised, but I think it's time I retired the card, with extreme prejudice.

Thank you Steve, nice to know for me that it has happened elsewhere. If it is just the card I cannot complain, it has done it's job well for some time with MANY exposures on it.

Mike

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4369

What's more fun than shooting a six-ship of T-34s from a Bell JetRanger?
(Nothing, really...)

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15895

That's something that is very difficult to impress upon people who want to be involved in air to air photography, or formation flying, it just takes a second of lost concentration/distraction to turn great fun into disaster. It happens repeatedly, and it happens to people who are really good at it. I always feel like people think you're a jerk when you tell them the realities, and it's a question that I get asked a hundred times a year.

Sounds like the 210 lost a wing or a horizontal stabilizer and spiraled into the bay, survivors not likely.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1474

Harnessing my inner Steve3.

The New American by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1829

FlyingPhotog wrote:
What's more fun than shooting a six-ship of T-34s from a Bell JetRanger?
(Nothing, really...)

Very nice Jay. Looks like you had a great trip. Look forward to more images.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1829

Go4Long wrote:
Harnessing my inner Steve3.

Terrific low light panning work Steven!

A Viper from the 310th Fighter Squadron at Luke AFB taxies to the ramp after completing a close air support demonstration with USMC ground forces during Luke Days 2014.

Zane Adams
Total Posts: 133

The incomparable Jan Collmer at NAS Fort Worth this weekend. What a cool guy!

And the F-35C...being towed back to Lockmart...in the middle of the airshow? Must be a union time thing...

richhrly
Total Posts: 969

Tucano time!

FlyingPhotog

Not everything at Red Star wore a Star of any kind...
There were a couple of GlassAirs and a LanceAir as well.

Friday was very grey with fairly low ceilings so some images will simply be a little "flat"

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3498

I also got me a faulty photo I personally think it was heat related because of very hight temps..

I present you the Disco Raptor

FlyingPhotog

That's a keeper J-A!

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3498

Glacier Girl

yipDog
Total Posts: 127

Dean "Frito" Friedt joining Skip "Ranger" Slyfield and Kevin Carson after evading us in a combat tac mission at All Red Star XIII

Also my first ride in a T-34!

Here's part of the action…Kevin trying to drop in on Frito. A little too late though!

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1578

richhrly wrote:
Tucano time!

Nearly a full disc - very impressed!
Niall

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15895

From what I have heard, the F-35 might have broken just sitting there

Razor17
Total Posts: 298

JWilsonphoto wrote: