Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4107

1       2       3              4107      
       4109              4530       4531       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19256

Hi Colin, glad you guys had a great time at the show. I think the halo you see is a pretty normal artifact from over sharpening. I doubt that it was caused by your loose screws. I've never experienced that problem, but the screws are always loosening on the lens hoods of my big glass. I keep a baggie of extras because I loose one every once in a while, at about five bucks a piece............

JWilsonphoto

Hi Colin, glad you guys had a great time at the show. I think the halo you see is a pretty normal artifact from over sharpening. I doubt that it was caused by your loose screws. I've never experienced that problem, but the screws are always loosening on the lens hoods of my big glass. I keep a baggie of extras because I loose one every once in a while, at about five bucks a piece............

JWilsonphoto

On the subject of blessings, and never knowing who you might meet, one of yesterday's surfers was a young guy who works for the ship building wing of Lockheed-Martin. I introduced myself to him when he was packing up and offered to send him the images I took of him. We talked for a while and he asked if I would be interested in photographing ships, because they have a need.

Reminds me of a dark dreary morning about three years into this adventure. I was in the shower at 4 am so I could catch a 6 am flight to New Orleans to catch a helicopter and shoot a commercial high rise in the area. My doubts were getting the best of me, as they generally do at that time of the morning. I mulled over looking for a second job, or a first one, and doing photography part time, largely because I still doubted that this could work and that it was the plan for the rest of my life.Deep in negative thought I got off the jet and began to walk through the terminal. God said,
Look to the left and right at all the big duratrans displays companies have spent thousands of dollars producing. Do you see a single one that you couldn't have shot better? Right, then loose the doom and gloom, realize that the world is your oyster, and go knock on some doors. This IS what I plan for you, the unlikeliness is just how I do things, so quit trying to imagine the thousands of reasons that it won't work!" The five minute walk through the terminal at New Orleans , and that short sit down with my Creator, was the last time I ever considered the possibility that this exercise might fail.

Jeremiah 29:11

JWilsonphoto

"Wow! That's some big lens you got there buddy...................."

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

That's funny, Jim. "Oh, crap: I'm naked and he's got a 500."

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3833

Did any folks who were at Tuscaloosa Sunday see the Team Aerodynamix incident? Those guys fly a great show but that cant be good for the rest of their season!

Glenn

Ttown Aubie
Total Posts: 129

I did not see the incident as it happened. I did see the plane with the broken prop on the ground. The prop looked as if it had been subjected to the wing of another aircraft. I never identified the other aircraft that was involved in the incident.

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

It was announced over the PA system that there had been an "incident", but no details were given other than they were cutting their performance short for safety reasons. I know that ten planes went up and that six or seven came back. I never did see them again. I presume that they may have flown to another airport in the area, but that is just speculation on my part. Unlike Ttown, I did not see the plane with the broken prop.

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

Coming...or going...they rock.

Erich

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4092

Spring Storm 2015

Colin Giersberg

Mammatus clouds in action.

JWilsonphoto

Nice Blues captures Erich!

Ttown Aubie
Total Posts: 129

Glenn, this is a picture that a friend of mine who works for the Tuscaloosa Fire Department sent me from his cell phone right after the plane landed. Sorry for the quality but it was taken with his phone.

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

Wow! I don't even want to think about the vibration. Great job getting down safely.

Erich

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3833

that cant be good for your airshow business when you rub together during your performance! Glad they all got down okay. They fly a great show - rather chaotic at times with so many airplanes.

Great Blues shot at the top of the page too Erich!

Glenn

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

ELinder wrote:
Wow! I don't even want to think about the vibration. Great job getting down safely.

Erich

Good thing he got the engine shut down before it departed the vicinity.

JWilsonphoto

If that had been a metal prop it probably would have ripped the engine from the mounts

JWilsonphoto

Gee whiz, sure glad I didn't go with the Canon C300 (not that there was much chance of that), Canon just slashed the price by 40%. Given the cinema options in the marketplace currently, I can't imagine that their sales are robust. Davinici Resolve just announced an upgrade that really caters to the Sony FS7, Resolve appears to be a top shelf processing choice with a tremendous number of features.

I had hoped to have captured some 4K with the Sony by now, but I'm slammed and it looks like it will take another week and a half at least to get ahead of this assignment.

Ediie Ray, how are you getting on wih your Elinchroms? i'm thinking about ordering four more 600RX heads. I have some very large architectural subjects that may put a strain on my existing seven head outfit. I am not looking forward to yet another big Tundra case to schlep, but I can't be caught short on lighting. Chandler will be hefting them shortly

Colin Giersberg

http://www.stripes.com/news/tuskegee-airman-leslie-a-williams-dies-in-california-at-95-1.337776

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

I like them a lot. Still working on a formula to get the kind of shadow/highlights I want.

1       2       3              4107      
       4109              4530       4531       end