Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4097

1       2       3              4097      
       4099              4531       4532       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19260

Congratulations Mark, that should be a beauty. I look froward to seeing what you capture with it! I have one coming, but in light of the investment I made at Texas media on Friday, I may not take the first one that comes in........

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

Jeff W. wrote:
In my humble opinion, the best looking factory stock hood ornament on the planet. This one was adorning a 1951 Pontiac Chieftain. I photographed this bad boy at the weekly Pavillions car show in Scottsdale.

Simply stunning, Jeff!

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

stevez wrote:
Jeff W. wrote:
In my humble opinion, the best looking factory stock hood ornament on the planet. This one was adorning a 1951 Pontiac Chieftain. I photographed this bad boy at the weekly Pavillions car show in Scottsdale.

Simply stunning, Jeff!

Thanks Steve. I always enjoy attending this weekly car show in Scottsdale with my camera. Catching this Chieftain was a special treat. I was a busy boy yesterday. A tractor show in the morning and a car show in the afternoon

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4093

Jeff Is that also called a Tractor? And what is it purpose and how old is it It looks old to me.

FotoBuf78
Total Posts: 56

stevez wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
Ray,

I have a Windows PC that has all my photos on an NTFS format external HDD.
I basically want to know if I can take the drive and connect it straight to a Mac and be able to read my photos.

Mark

It should work, Mark. On a Mac, an NTFS disk will be read-only: for full compatibility, you'd need FAT32 or exFAT.

I use NTFS for Mac, its a $20 application that lets you use the NTFS drive with full read/write without issues. I have PC and MAC that need to use the same drive, so it was the easiest solution. The app runs in the background and after install you never touch it again. Pretty flawless.

stevezzzz

For those of you on Facebook, yesterday I started a new closed group dedicated to the wonders of aerial photography. We're up to 86 members already, some of them very familiar names to the MA2A family.

I hope you'll join us.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheAerialPerspective/

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Jan-Arie, yes that is an early (1930ish) John Deere tractor. It was a general purpose farm tractor that could be used for row farming. Love the skeleton wheels. Jeff's photo shows this little tractor putting on a show in a "tractor pull".

FotoBuf78

The skeleton wheels are a nice touch. Would not want to ride down payment on those....

Jeff W.

Wrei wrote:
Jan-Arie, yes that is an early (1930ish) John Deere tractor. It was a general purpose farm tractor that could be used for row farming. Love the skeleton wheels. Jeff's photo shows this little tractor putting on a show in a "tractor pull".

Thanks for the info Ray. While I enjoy photographing these cool vintage workhorses, historical tractor info is not my specialty.

Whoops - Edit for TOPP:

Jeff W.

FotoBuf78 wrote:
The skeleton wheels are a nice touch. Would not want to ride down payment on those....

Our desert soil in AZ is nearly as hard as concrete. The driver was getting a solid pounding during his "pull"

FotoBuf78

A couple from El Centro yesterday. The group shot may not be framed perfectly, but I think it does a great job showing the proximity.

FotoBuf78

Jeff W. wrote:
Wrei wrote:

Thanks for the info Ray. While I enjoy photographing these cool vintage workhorses, historical tractor info is not my specialty.

Whoops - Edit for TOPP:

That is a man-eater of a PTO!

Jeff W.

FotoBuf78 wrote:
A couple from El Centro yesterday. The group shot may not be framed perfectly, but I think it does a great job showing the proximity.

Terrific images Dan. Did you do the night shoot Friday evening? I wasn't able to attend, but several of our AzAP crew were there and had a super time. I especially like your Fat Albert photograph. I do like that large fellow

Since I'm on a tractor jag...

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Congratulations Mark, that should be a beauty. I look froward to seeing what you capture with it! I have one coming, but in light of the investment I made at Texas media on Friday, I may not take the first one that comes in........

Thanks Jim,

Not had a chance to use it yet, got a few ideas for things though.

To give you an idea of the size, it's as if someone has shoved a 4" wide by 1.5" deep lump of glass onto the focus ring of the 24-70 F2.8 II. It's also heavy, but feels pretty balanced on the 1DIV all things considered.

I've now upgraded all my glass apart from the 300 F2.8 L IS.

MMcGrath

Jeff W. wrote:
FotoBuf78 wrote:

Terrific images Dan. Did you do the night shoot Friday evening? I wasn't able to attend, but several of our AzAP crew were there and had a super time. I especially like your Fat Albert photograph. I do like that large fellow

Since I'm on a tractor jag...

Nice use of DoF in that shot Jeff.

FotoBuf78

I did not get to go down on Friday, I was stuck working unfortunately. My dad worked on Hercs, and they have a special place in my heart too!

Love the DoF on the tractor as well!

FotoBuf78

MMcGrath wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

Thanks Jim,

Not had a chance to use it yet, got a few ideas for things though.

To give you an idea of the size, it's as if someone has shoved a 4" wide by 1.5" deep lump of glass onto the focus ring of the 24-70 F2.8 II. It's also heavy, but feels pretty balanced on the 1DIV all things considered.

I've now upgraded all my glass apart from the 300 F2.8 L IS.

I just upgraded my 300 2.8 last week and got to use it yesterday. Nice change from the vI to vII

MMcGrath

Nice Dan. How do you find it, apart from lighter?

FotoBuf78

MMcGrath wrote:
Nice Dan. How do you find it, apart from lighter?

The IS is probably the biggest change. Mode two for panning seems a bit cleaner and mode one is a big step as well. The balance with the 5DIII is good, but imaging it would be better with a 1D type body. Using it with a TC vIII I can see a slight improvement in IQ but the focus speed is better as well. I was using the 300 and the 2x TC in the two images above from El Centro yesterday.

The weight is for sure a nice change, but the tripod foot is terrible. You can't hold the lens from the foot as easily as you could the vI. I actually bought the RRS replacement foot to swap it out. The RRS looks like it will make it much easier to hold.

stevezzzz

Today was one of those late-winter/early-spring stunners: 77 F. here in Denver, and not a breath of wind at any altitude over the high peaks of the Rockies. It was so beautiful, Marcia and I took the Pipistrel Sinus and headed to Leadville, which boasts the highest paved runway in the USA: 9934' MSL. Hadn't landed there in 30 years, but it doesn't get any easier than today: no wind and 'only' 11,200' density altitude.

I've never seen so many people enjoying themselves in the high country: hikers above treeline, snow boarders and back-country skiers, snow machines running in packs in the high mountain bowls. Everywhere you looked there were people down below enjoying the day.

1       2       3              4097      
       4099              4531       4532       end