Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4071

1       2       3              4071      
       4073              4242       4243       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15895

Just finished putting the final touches on the images from today. Just another average day here at Pix R Us, a 20 hour marathon to get a project shot and tweaked for a long time client with a crazy deadline.

I began testing out a new system late this afternoon, the CamRanger. I did some research on it while I was in Florida and decided to give it a try. Of course, Eugene at Competitive had it in stock, so I headed straight from DFW to the store and he fixed me up. Pretty cool system. I was shooting a master bath and decided to add a little light in a few spots. The CamRanger allowed me to see exactly what the light was doing without walking through the house to get back to my camera's preview screen. I triggered the D800 and the 1DX from my iPad on several compositions and saved a lot of walking back and forth. Seeing the image on the retina screen is much more comforting when compared to the camera preview screen too. Not much of an investment for all the potential. The wi-fi system is so stout, when I went to dinner I forgot to turn it off and my iPad was locked into it on the table in Pei-Wei, a couple hundred feet from my car where the unit sat.

Wake up call at six bells for a dawn shoot, lights out.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4369

One from the "Why Didn't I Think Of This Sooner" file...

Rats, I cut off the nose...

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh, I Over Corrected!

Why not toss both halves into the Panorama function in CS6 CC?

Well, with a merge, a little canvas expansion, some sky filling and a re-crop:

FlyingPhotog

That den looks terrifically "natural" Jim!

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Jay! There are 8 lights involved in that image, plus the ones in the room. The agency who commissioned me is a 30 year client, the builder is a brand new one. Somewhat vindicating that they specified me for the shoot because the previous photographer does the Thomas Kinkaid technique and they can't stand it.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3177

FlyingPhotog wrote:
One from the "Why Didn't I Think Of This Sooner" file...

Rats, I cut off the nose...

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh, I Over Corrected!

Why not toss both halves into the Panorama function in CS6 CC?

Well, with a merge, a little canvas expansion, some sky filling and a re-crop...

Magic happens!

I know the seam has to be forward of the starboard position light, but I can't see it. At all. Totally convincing, Jay: well done, indeed.

FlyingPhotog

Thanks Zim...

I failed to notice exactly where CS6 performed the splice. I'll have to go back and re-merge to see how it did it. I know it needed a wee bit of warp as well because I couldn't get manual layers to line up anywhere near as cleanly as the Pano function did it...

FlyingPhotog

CinemaScope-Worthy Wingspan

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2129

FlyingPhotog wrote:
futurshox wrote:
FlyingPhotog wrote:
Just an FYI regarding Red Flag 14-2...

If anyone is seriously considering going to Vegas, be aware that NASCAR is in town during that first week. I wouldn't consider going to Vegas until after 3/9 which is race day at LVMS.

Hahahahahahaha..... Yeah.... So my friend is coming from the UK and we are doing a road trip to Vegas. Due to various time constraints, we will be in Vegas from the 6th to the 9th. And guess which is the most expensive week in the entire year to be in Vegas?!

Had no idea Red Flag would be on.... Hmmmmmmm!

Ouch...

Well, you might get away with Speedway spotting on the first Monday and Tuesday of RF, but don't even think about going anywhere but Cheyenne on Wed and Thurs. Come Friday, don't bother going anywhere near the north end until after Sunday. The Speedway location won't be available at all and Nellis Blvd is the #1 alternate route to/from the race track.

Good Luck...

Jay,

Someone I know is headed out to Vegas for RF 14-2 & the media day from the UK. I've sent them a copy of your warning with regards to how things are likely to be at the Speedway.

Regards

Mark

Zane Adams
Total Posts: 133

Jim,
I saw the CamRanger at the Arlington camera show last November...nifty bit of kit for sure.
Nice shot of the dining room. I like it much better than the Kincade look.

Jay...your killing me! I like that F-35 merge setup thingy...I can save several hundred shots with something like that....lol

FlyingPhotog

Just About Halfway Home
Cessna Citation framed by the Feb '14 full moon...

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1578

If we are into grey Typhoons against grey skies?

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2573

Nice work Jay. I don't think I could find myself spending that much time on such an ugly plane.

FlyingPhotog

Tim Adams wrote:
Nice work Jay. I don't think I could find myself spending that much time on such an ugly plane.

It only took about 10 minutes!

JWilsonphoto

Thank you Zane. I expected the set up and interface to be a little bit of trouble, but it wasn't. The App installed without a hitch and yesterday afternoon I plugged it into the D800, lit it and my iPad up, and clicked away without a single hiccup. I think I'll like it a lot when I'm shooting jet interiors. I have yet another Airbus to shoot in a month or so and I plan on using it on that one.

JWilsonphoto

Nice Gulfstream Jay.There's just nothing quite like those lines, is there?

FlyingPhotog

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Nice Gulfstream Jay.There's just nothing quite like those lines, is there?

Aviation's answer to a great pair of legs...

JWilsonphoto

Exxxxaaaactly! Looks like we will be getting our first Phenom 300 before the PC12, things are happening fast around here.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3177

Finally, the long-awaited day: the shipping container from Pipistrel was delivered to my hangar this afternoon. The contents were extremely well secured and we found no damage to any of the parts inside: one Virus SWiS fuselage, one Sinus Flex fuselage, three horizontal stabilizers (!), six assorted wing panels (!!!?), five assorted wing tips (!!!!!?), and a landing gear bow (!!!!!!!). All we were expecting were enough parts to assemble two airplanes, so we're hoping the Slovenians are planning to let us know where the extra parts are supposed to go next, and how they're supposed to get there.

More photos of the grand unloading are here.

http://www.stevezphoto.us/container

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2807

Wow, congratulations Steve! I was hoping we'd see some unboxing photos soon.

Is that a carbon fiber prop? Very cool.

Mark

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1474

Congrats Steve1...looks like a nice toy...play safe.

1       2       3              4071      
       4073              4242       4243       end