Total Posts: 4775

CinemaScope-Worthy Wingspan

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2634

FlyingPhotog wrote:
futurshox wrote:
FlyingPhotog wrote:
Just an FYI regarding Red Flag 14-2...

If anyone is seriously considering going to Vegas, be aware that NASCAR is in town during that first week. I wouldn't consider going to Vegas until after 3/9 which is race day at LVMS.

Hahahahahahaha..... Yeah.... So my friend is coming from the UK and we are doing a road trip to Vegas. Due to various time constraints, we will be in Vegas from the 6th to the 9th. And guess which is the most expensive week in the entire year to be in Vegas?!

Had no idea Red Flag would be on.... Hmmmmmmm!

Ouch...

Well, you might get away with Speedway spotting on the first Monday and Tuesday of RF, but don't even think about going anywhere but Cheyenne on Wed and Thurs. Come Friday, don't bother going anywhere near the north end until after Sunday. The Speedway location won't be available at all and Nellis Blvd is the #1 alternate route to/from the race track.

Good Luck...

Jay,

Someone I know is headed out to Vegas for RF 14-2 & the media day from the UK. I've sent them a copy of your warning with regards to how things are likely to be at the Speedway.

Regards

Mark

Zane Adams
Total Posts: 346

Jim,
I saw the CamRanger at the Arlington camera show last November...nifty bit of kit for sure.
Nice shot of the dining room. I like it much better than the Kincade look.

Jay...your killing me! I like that F-35 merge setup thingy...I can save several hundred shots with something like that....lol

FlyingPhotog

Just About Halfway Home
Cessna Citation framed by the Feb '14 full moon...

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2382

If we are into grey Typhoons against grey skies?

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2864

Nice work Jay. I don't think I could find myself spending that much time on such an ugly plane.

FlyingPhotog

Tim Adams wrote:
Nice work Jay. I don't think I could find myself spending that much time on such an ugly plane.

It only took about 10 minutes!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19072

Thank you Zane. I expected the set up and interface to be a little bit of trouble, but it wasn't. The App installed without a hitch and yesterday afternoon I plugged it into the D800, lit it and my iPad up, and clicked away without a single hiccup. I think I'll like it a lot when I'm shooting jet interiors. I have yet another Airbus to shoot in a month or so and I plan on using it on that one.

JWilsonphoto

Nice Gulfstream Jay.There's just nothing quite like those lines, is there?

FlyingPhotog

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Nice Gulfstream Jay.There's just nothing quite like those lines, is there?

Aviation's answer to a great pair of legs...

JWilsonphoto

Exxxxaaaactly! Looks like we will be getting our first Phenom 300 before the PC12, things are happening fast around here.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

Finally, the long-awaited day: the shipping container from Pipistrel was delivered to my hangar this afternoon. The contents were extremely well secured and we found no damage to any of the parts inside: one Virus SWiS fuselage, one Sinus Flex fuselage, three horizontal stabilizers (!), six assorted wing panels (!!!?), five assorted wing tips (!!!!!?), and a landing gear bow (!!!!!!!). All we were expecting were enough parts to assemble two airplanes, so we're hoping the Slovenians are planning to let us know where the extra parts are supposed to go next, and how they're supposed to get there.

More photos of the grand unloading are here.

http://www.stevezphoto.us/container

msalvetti
Total Posts: 3146

Wow, congratulations Steve! I was hoping we'd see some unboxing photos soon.

Is that a carbon fiber prop? Very cool.

Mark

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1984

Congrats Steve1...looks like a nice toy...play safe.

david russell
Total Posts: 754

There's nothing like ripping a new toy out of the packaging.

....and a shot taken from the old toy for TOPP.

FlyingPhotog

NASA Sticker FTW!

stevezzzz

msalvetti wrote:
Wow, congratulations Steve! I was hoping we'd see some unboxing photos soon.

Is that a carbon fiber prop? Very cool.

Mark

Thanks, Mark. The prop is very cool, indeed: wood-and-epoxy core with two layers of carbon fiber cloth, and a molded-in polyurethane wear strip; and it's a constant-speed prop, too.

stevezzzz

FlyingPhotog wrote:
NASA Sticker FTW!

It won some NASA challenges for efficiency a few years back; and that was before they offered the injected Rotax engine, which is reputed to be about 25% more fuel efficient than the normally aspirated version. With the constant speed prop I'm supposed to get 147 knots at 3.7 gph. Webesee.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2922

Steve, are you going to leave the NASA 'Meatball' on your plane? Does it come off?

edit: Guess I should explain why I asked. Over 25 years ago when I began working in the NASA environment I saw the organization move from research and development to buying commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) technology. We were told to avoid new design and development when there was a COTS solution. So I guess it is appropriate for NASA to identify good COTS endeavors.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2754

Very nice, Steve!

Who is the other lucky recipient?

1       2       3              4071      
       4073              4873       4874       end