Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4044

1       2       3              4044      
       4046              4837       4838       end

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 302

All,

Not much flying in Iowa these days. Heck, with -13F this morning not much running either! But did catch a really cool sunrise this am. Sundog with a nearly a full 1/2 disk.

Enjoy,
Dan

Wrei
Total Posts: 2906

Man, I always look at the photos on this page and think what do these guys have that I don't have...Oh, skill! It reminds me many years ago when I played golf and every club manufacturer began making new 'innovative' drivers. There was an old rich guy next to me on the range using a new big head driver. I mentioned something about the cost and he told me, as the club pro was walking up, "man I tell ya, if I can buy a drive I will!" The club pro saw me about to deliver my usual sarcastic but true remark and whispered, "hey, he keeps us in business around here, be nice!". You guys just amaze me with your skill. Keep 'em coming gang.

USM IS
Total Posts: 1661

Thanks for catching that Dan! I saw that but was without camera at the time.......

Mike

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4056

DanNehmer wrote:
All,

Not much flying in Iowa these days. Heck, with -13F this morning not much running either! But did catch a really cool sunrise this am. Sundog with a nearly a full 1/2 disk.

Enjoy,
Dan

Spectacular sky, Dan. You are looking at nearly the whole shooting match in that shot, when it comes to the more common ice halos: sun dogs, parhelic arc, 22 halo, upper tangent arc and sun pillar. Wish I'd seen it with my own eyes, but this is wonderful.

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halosim.htm

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Killer sunrise Dan!

stevez wrote:
DanNehmer wrote:
All,

Enjoy,
Dan

Spectacular sky, Dan. You are looking at nearly the whole shooting match in that shot, when it comes to the more common ice halos: sun dogs, parhelic arc, 22 halo, upper tangent arc and sun pillar. Wish I'd seen it with my own eyes, but this is wonderful.

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halosim.htm

I mean seriously, where else can you go to see wonderful images and learn new words all in one place?

FlyingPhotog

Wrei

I was going to go outside to take some photos of the Central Texas Snow Job, but looks like I am snowed in for now.

DanNehmer

Eddie,

Thankfully the door opens inward or you could be trapped there for months.

Dan

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Wrei wrote:
I was going to go outside to take some photos of the Central Texas Snow Job, but looks like I am snowed in for now.

We shall rebuild.....

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2262

One of these days, we will get some snow, probably less than that and maybe I can get out and build a snow baby. First, I will have to go get some bread and milk, if the panic of the masses doesn't come.

dtw757
Total Posts: 129

Wrei wrote:

From someone who lived in Minnesota fro five years before I got tired of the freezing cold and snow drifts...this photo and comment cracked me up. There is no offense intended. It just "sounded" like you couldn't get out because of the snow "piled" up against the door. And as mentioned, it opens inward. Thanks for the chuckle

FlyingPhotog

The Last Thing Fritz Saw...

FlyingPhotog

DanNehmer

Eddie,

In February of 2011 we kinda did get snowed in! First photo is the front porch, and the second was looking out the living room window. Drifts were over 6ft that storm. It was a BIG storm even for Kenosha, WI where we were living at the time. Actually enjoyed that storm, wasn't so cold you froze so it was fun to be out all day.

Enjoy,
Dan

FlyingPhotog

Wrei

OK Dan, you win. There is a cartoon that circulates in Texas this time of year that has drivers jumping out of their cars running away as they yell "It's a snowflake, we are going to die!". This was my interpretation of that cartoon.

Joe Costa
Total Posts: 98

Final resting place...

DanNehmer

Eddie,

Your joke reminds me of a real life experience. In 1988 or 1989 I was working for OMC, Evinrude/Johnson Outboards and Cobra Stern Drives. One Sunday I was heading to the Stern Drive plant in Jackson, TN and had some time to kill so was taking a leisurely drive from Nashville on the two lanes. Nice, cool day with about 1/2" inch of light fluffy snow on the ground and I was taking my time driving the speed limit (for once).

Well one of those "characteristic" old small town southern sheriff pulled me over. Pot bellied, revolver in a flap over holster, thick southern accent, big hat, etc.... My first thought was great, this Yank won't ever be heard from again and I was nervous because I couldn't figure what I was doing wrong.

He said in a thick southern drawl, "Son, don't know if you know this or not but that white sh!t is snow, and it's slippery. I'm gonna have to write you up for Too Fast For Conditions. License and registration." Handed him my Wisconsin drivers license, the rental car papers and waited for my poison. He didn't get past the rear bumper on my car before turning around and coming back to the drivers window. "Son, you live in Wisconsin all your life?" Yes Sir. "We'll slow down and stop encouraging the locals, they just don't understand this sh!t like you Yanks do!"

And I was off, no ticket, nothing. But I did drive slower that day.

Dan

Ernie Aubert
Total Posts: 4726

Did he say "You in a heap o' trouble, boy."?

Slug69
Total Posts: 1172

JWilsonphoto wrote:
If this doesn't tell you where we are, nothing will. CNN's Jake Tapper insults Marcus Luttrell by telling him he thinks his team died "senselessly", Marcus straightens him out, respectfully, but clearly. You tube pulls the footage immediately. If this situation were reversed, the clamor would be deafening!

I think Jake was out of his depth. Maybe he should stick to reviewing discussing films not based on real incidents.

He forgot that the United States has had a professional armed services for more than 30 years. These people weren't drafted and they are SEAL's for goodness sake.

The point is they volunteered.

It was insulting indeed.

1       2       3              4044      
       4046              4837       4838       end