Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4037

1       2       3              4037      
       4039              4530       4531       end

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 986

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Just read a little report on this lens. Looks pretty impressive and reasonably priced as well..........

Yes, and did you see the close focus distance / reproduction ratio? It's no macro lens, but it should be just the job for flower and plant close-ups. I'm always getting caught out on that stuff – the 180mm macro is a bit “short” and my 400mm just can't focus close enough even with an extension tube.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

Here's one to watch - the Two Eagles flight launches later today from Japan. An American and a Russian are attempting to fly a gas balloon across the Pacific to America (hopefully; Albuquerque) which should break distance and duration records for gas balloon flights, if they are successful. The flight should take four or five days at least.
http://www.pacificballoon.com/Flight_Status.php

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9304

I'd love to go to this year's show here, the lineup so far:

The U.S. Army Golden Knights, “Screamin’ Sasquatch” Jet Waco, Sean D. Tucker, Shockwave Jet Truck and Matt Younkin Twin Beech will be included in the line-up with US Air Force Thunderbirds and the Breitling Jet Team.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9304

Another way to look at it is you lose a few pounds for a few days... but yeah, the prep is the worst part.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I guess the problem with the CT version is that it's almost as miserable, then if they see anything at all, your all set to do the whole thing over again for real. I'll just take my medicine once, grit my teeth and get it over with. My younger brother suffers from Crohn's and he gets the full treatment every 24 months as a precaution. Next time, if I get a clean bill of health, I'll be 76 and I probably won't care! I'm hoping they use a 24-70 rather than an 800/5.6.........

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19260

Back on deck with a ten year reprieve til the next lovely experience, YUCK! Hard way to lose a couple of pounds Laura I guess it's a guy thing, loss of control is part of it, but the whole experience is made so special by that concoction from hell they devised. First round wasn't as bad as I anticipated, but the 4 am one was a beating. Anyway, I have some degree of confidence that that disease won't kill me in the near future, so I guess that's a plus.

I was pretty concerned about major eructation at 4 this morning Laura.........

JWilsonphoto

This is pretty interesting, for folks with normal storage needs...............

http://www.redsharknews.com/technology/item/2272-wd-demo-hybrid-drive-with-record-breaking-performance

JWilsonphoto

The good news is, while I was indisposed, three weeks of new work came in! Drifting in and out of a delirious nap this afternoon, I answered 42 emails, most of which involved new assignments for early 2015. Looks like four trips back to JAX between now and June!

Atomos called me with profuse apologies for the poor performance of my Shogun and fired me off a new one. Weeebeeesee!

Tomorrow I go scout my 747 800i project and host a client lunch. Seems 2015 is in full swing, and that's a good thing.

Massimo Foti
Total Posts: 655

Quite a rare bird:

Dewoitine D-26 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

Dewoitine D-26 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

Douglas A-4 Skyhawks in various states of restoration at Marana Regional Airport, Arizona.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

ATW Aviation aircraft salvage yard at Marana Regional Airport. Marana, Arizona.

JakeB17
Total Posts: 324

Just got back to LA after being away for three weeks. Flew into LAX of course. And the first thing I did after I got back home...well, I went right back to LAX...

JWilsonphoto

Nicely done Jake! That's what we do isn't it?

Zane Adams
Total Posts: 371

Are we doing moody alumi-tube pics?

FedEx 757 arriving at Alliance last month.

JWilsonphoto

Hi Zane, that image has a great feel to it. The background really makes the Boeing pop.

Massimo Foti

Eurofighter Typhoon by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

Eurofighter Typhoon by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

JWilsonphoto

Great images Massimo!

Massimo Foti

Thanks, I only had a Canon 70-200 on a 7D, so I lacked reach and got the best results on take-off and landing, other shots are heavily cropped.

I plan to get the new 100-400 plus a 1.4 extender, that would be much more suited for airshows.

JWilsonphoto

You did well with what you were working with. I ordered my 100-400 from B&H, weirdly, my local source has been lagging. I'm excited about having the 100-400 II, every report on it is glowing.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Aston, stunning as a race car, or road car. I'd take either.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

You may have noticed my photos are gone. I renamed my photo site "Ray Swindle Pix", which breaks the link. Slowly completing modifications. Anyway, just wanted to let you know in case you looked back and saw a blank frame.

One of my favorites...forever thankful Glenn!

1       2       3              4037      
       4039              4530       4531       end