Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4010

1       2       3              4010      
       4012              4347       4348       end

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 272

Lets see, Right to left that would be one Jim Wilson, Henry John Deutschendorf, Jr. also known as John Denver, and wife Anne I believe.

Cool photo Jim and I remember you once telling us about your friendship with John. Also know John's dad was in the air force and set several speed records in B-58's.

Dan

PS - Looks like I need to add a photo for top. Not much aviation lately, how about one of my bird hunting girlstaking a nap?

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2172

Bug hunting in Death Valley.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3074

Hi Jim:

That biplane in the photo was on Barnstormers recently..how old is the photo?

Glenn

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3436

msalvetti wrote:
stevez wrote:
Holy cow, this has some really creative use of a GoPro: Air Tahiti Nui employees put together this video. The closing shot isn't from a GoPro, but it will blow you away.

http://youtu.be/P7EP9Ko6IsY

Pretty cool. How do you suppose they got those engine spool-up shots from behind the fan?

stevez wrote:This approach and landing video at Queenstown, NZ, ain't too shabby, either.

http://youtu.be/7mxmFCw-Dig

The part where visibility goes to zero as they drop into the cloud deck while still seemingly pointed directly at that mountain peak is kind of scary.

Mark

Not to mention how they used every foot of the runway surface on rollout...

I've landed at Queenstown, but we made the approach from the opposite direction on a day when there was not a drop of moisture in the sky.

Aero_70
Total Posts: 84

A few birds of a different feather..
I live about 2 hours from Lookout Mountain Flight Park.. I am still going through my flight training there. Neither of these is me.

2. Gear is down and ready for touchdown!
The white is all blown out.. yuck

3. On a big Booming day the thermals were much more than just gentle lift..

PDumm
Total Posts: 203

A few of my Holiday Heavies from last week.

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 774

MMcGrath wrote:

So Mark, just like the MACH loop in Wales is it? Have to say the grass is a bit thin and I can't see any sheep.

HansB
Total Posts: 1478

I like that last one pdumm, nice and sharp and i can almost feel the heat!

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2172

nickjohnson wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:

So Mark, just like the MACH loop in Wales is it? Have to say the grass is a bit thin and I can't see any sheep.

No grass, just plenty of rock.
Lots of small narrow holes burrowed into the ground where the rattlers live.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

That was around '84 I think. Annie wishes, that's Sheila. One of the days we spent playing airplanes before a concert. JR and I have talked about buying that bipe just for the memories. In reality it's an absolute pig. John had it built with a full interior so it weighs a ton, the vertical performance is about a foot. It has a 540 so you can get enough smash to do some basic stuff, but you have to really wind her up ahead of time. That airplane is worth about 40K absent John's history with it.

We sure got spoiled, we'd meet John at the back gate of his concerts and he'd walk us to the spot right in front of the stage where he wanted us. I was the only one allowed to have a camera and he used all my shots in his tour programs.

stevezzzz

I remember seeing John's P210 landing in Boulder once in a while, back in the late 70's. In 1976 I spent the summer hopping glider rides out of Aspen; got to meet some interesting people (but that's another story). Pointing out John's house under the downwind leg was a part of every flight.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1907

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Jeff,
can you please help me pick my jaw up off the floor? Thank you

That hustler shot is just wicked good, and I really like your angle on there, as well as the fabulous lighting.

Wow!!!

Gero

Aero_70
Total Posts: 84

Thats awesome Jeff. Love the angle and light.

stevezzzz

I never got to see the Hustler fly, nor the B-36. Sad, I am.

Great photo, Jeff!

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1560

Wellllll....I've been working in the neighborhood of 80 hours a week for the last few since we got back from Mexico, and I just really haven't had much time for reading and catching up. So I just read the last 20 pages or so. No aviation photos to share at the moment (I keep trying to catch westjet's new disney themed plane kicking around, but haven't been successful yet)...but I do have 2 from Mexico...and the family Christmas card shot:

Merry Christmas everyone...or happy holidays if that's your thing.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3617

Great photo's Steven Merry Christmas

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7752

Congratulations Steve!

Go4Long wrote:
Wellllll....I've been working in the neighborhood of 80 hours a week for the last few since we got back from Mexico, and I just really haven't had much time for reading and catching up. So I just read the last 20 pages or so. No aviation photos to share at the moment (I keep trying to catch westjet's new disney themed plane kicking around, but haven't been successful yet)...but I do have 2 from Mexico...and the family Christmas card shot:

Merry Christmas everyone...or happy holidays if that's your thing.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2415

Well, since Steve started it.... here's mine. Have a good one, y'all!

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2650

The B-58 is really one plane I wish I could have seen. My Dad was in Wichita with his B-47 squadron and the 58's would come in. They were a sight to behold.

1       2       3              4010      
       4012              4347       4348       end