Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4001

1       2       3              4001      
       4003              4836       4837       end

PDumm
Total Posts: 204

Jim, That is one large dust spot. Garden hose may help a little.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 18832

I also get a black strip that blocks the file name in the saving mode. Very annoying. I suppose it will vanish with an update at some point, but it's directly connected to PS/Mavericks.

JWilsonphoto

Nice work Erich. The D4 must be better than the D800 as far as noise. The 800 isn't bad, but Steve and I have both discovered that the 1DX is marginally better than the D800 at higher iso settings (nowhere near the iso's your shooting though).

JWilsonphoto

If your exposures are pretty clean, you can save a lot of time batching those files in LR. That's largely what I use LR5 for.

JWilsonphoto

One of the "old" Globals went out for a romp this morning....................

JWilsonphoto

Gotta love it when Bryan is in the tower. I head out for a shot and all the runway lights come on, pilots are instructed to light up, he gets rotation estimates for me, what a guy!

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4056

JWilsonphoto wrote:
One of the "old" Globals went out for a romp this morning....................

I like this wide-angle Global shot best of all your recent series of KTKI takeoffs, Jim.

When you go wide, does your viewfinder give you the old "WARNING: Jets May Be Closer Than They Appear"?

stevezzzz

By the way, I'm not having any Photoshop glitches like you are in Mavericks. Well, not if you don't count the warning: "There appears to be a problem with your Creative Cloud subscription", then it works anyway. Gonna have to figure that one out, soon. Yeah, maybe tomorrow. Or next year.

JWilsonphoto

No warning other than being snow and ice blasted......................

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2602

I've not upgraded my Macbook Air to Mavericks yet, but could it be a graphics driver issue?

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I also get a black strip that blocks the file name in the saving mode. Very annoying. I suppose it will vanish with an update at some point, but it's directly connected to PS/Mavericks.

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2306

Contrary to popular belief, I and still alive and kicking! I havent posted for a heck of a long time but just wanted to let you all how much I enjoy looking at your photos.

I don't manage to do any aviation stuff these days other than once a year with Nick & Rich at Yeovilton.

I have managed however, to still keep up some interest in aerial photography. Some time ago, I saw a timelapse of Lady Jo's shed being assembled, taken with a GoPro Hero camera. I invested in a GoPro Hero3 as a 'fun' camera... love it!

I have mounted the camera to a small drone and learning to fly it aloft. You can blame Lady Jo, it is all her fault! Here is a little look at our village:

" target="_blank">Our Village
720 HD

JWilsonphoto

Welcome back Donald! I was about to send the St. Bernards out after you! Glad all is well. Top of the Season to you and yours!!

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4100

Hey Donald, very kool video.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2392

Bill Gass wrote:
Hey Donald, very kool video.

+1 - Very cool indeed Donald. A lovely village it is and I appreciate your sharing.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2744

Donald Gray wrote:
You can blame Lady Jo, it is all her fault!

A blame that I will happily accept, if it results in things like this! Nice one, Donald, and a pretty village you have there

Ooh, top of page. Let's set the wayback machine for several years ago, when this SPAD XIII was about to be finished down at Kingsbury. They wanted it photographed before it got covered up. They brought in the big guns for this (Phil Makanna) but I got to go play as well

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2262

I really like the uncovered views of the Spad, Jo. It's not very often that you get to see what planes look like when uncovered.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2392

futurshox wrote:
They brought in the big guns for this (Phil Makanna) but I got to go play as well

Great photographs of the Spad Jo. As Colin said, it really shows of the craftsmanship and detail that ultimately is hidden under the fabric. Don't kid yourself, I'm betting Makanna was looking over your shoulder from time to time - just to see what Lady Jo was shooting

An F-16C ready to chirp the tires on RWY 03L at Luke.

JWilsonphoto

Exaaaactly Jeff!

stevezzzz

ELinder wrote:
I'm about 15 pages behind because I've been shooting more horse competitions. Between now and spring I'll do about 8 total. Nothing like people wanting about 2 thousand photos taken over multiple days to be processed and posted the same day. :-) I'm livin' at ISO 10,200 almost constantly. This gig would not have been possible without the D4ís great high ISO performance, big f/2.8 glass, and Lightroom's noise reduction.

Erich

Nice, Erich!

Ah, the joys of event photography. I shot a musical theater performance in early September and created a photo book for the cast; 34 people ordered books. During the time it took me to get the order in, my supplier changed pricing on me. Twice (and not in my favor, of course). After weeks of no communications (the website said my order was "in Process"; it still does) they shipped 31 books instead of 34; customer service rep in some far-off land said they knew it and that another 3 books were coming under separate cover (there was no way for me to tell without calling Bangladore). Another singer wanted a book, so I had to order a singleton copy. The supplier sent out one package with four copies...and another with a single copy. Meanwhile, my clients don't all have the books they paid for and they won't meet again until after the holidays.

Ah, the joys of event photography.

JWilsonphoto

What are you mounting the GoPro on Donald? Beautiful village. I have long been amazed and impressed by your ever expanding use of technology. Nothing seems to intimidate you, and good on Ya for that!!

1       2       3              4001      
       4003              4836       4837       end