Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4001

1       2       3              4001      
       4003              4320       4321       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16136

No preview screen, no "serendipity", only 40 degrees, rain, and instinct.

JWilsonphoto

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

If Obama can have a selfie, so can I. Did a little fun bit today to be put on Christmas cards.

JWilsonphoto

All shot on EOS 1N bodies with Kodachrome and Ektachrome 64 film, "old school" for sure. Man did I have my fingers crossed all the way back to Dallas.

ELinder
Total Posts: 495

I'm about 15 pages behind because I've been shooting more horse competitions. Between now and spring I'll do about 8 total. Nothing like people wanting about 2 thousand photos taken over multiple days to be processed and posted the same day. :-) I'm livin' at ISO 10,200 almost constantly. This gig would not have been possible without the D4ís great high ISO performance, big f/2.8 glass, and Lightroom's noise reduction.

Erich

JWilsonphoto

I haven't mentioned it, but ever since I went to Mavericks, I get crud like this in Photoshop. It's not really on the image, but it's a pain nonetheless................ Shows up all the time.

PDumm
Total Posts: 203

Jim, That is one large dust spot. Garden hose may help a little.

JWilsonphoto

I also get a black strip that blocks the file name in the saving mode. Very annoying. I suppose it will vanish with an update at some point, but it's directly connected to PS/Mavericks.

JWilsonphoto

Nice work Erich. The D4 must be better than the D800 as far as noise. The 800 isn't bad, but Steve and I have both discovered that the 1DX is marginally better than the D800 at higher iso settings (nowhere near the iso's your shooting though).

JWilsonphoto

If your exposures are pretty clean, you can save a lot of time batching those files in LR. That's largely what I use LR5 for.

JWilsonphoto

One of the "old" Globals went out for a romp this morning....................

JWilsonphoto

Gotta love it when Bryan is in the tower. I head out for a shot and all the runway lights come on, pilots are instructed to light up, he gets rotation estimates for me, what a guy!

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3395

JWilsonphoto wrote:
One of the "old" Globals went out for a romp this morning....................

I like this wide-angle Global shot best of all your recent series of KTKI takeoffs, Jim.

When you go wide, does your viewfinder give you the old "WARNING: Jets May Be Closer Than They Appear"?

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3395

By the way, I'm not having any Photoshop glitches like you are in Mavericks. Well, not if you don't count the warning: "There appears to be a problem with your Creative Cloud subscription", then it works anyway. Gonna have to figure that one out, soon. Yeah, maybe tomorrow. Or next year.

JWilsonphoto

No warning other than being snow and ice blasted......................

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2158

I've not upgraded my Macbook Air to Mavericks yet, but could it be a graphics driver issue?

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I also get a black strip that blocks the file name in the saving mode. Very annoying. I suppose it will vanish with an update at some point, but it's directly connected to PS/Mavericks.

Donald Gray
Total Posts: 2286

Contrary to popular belief, I and still alive and kicking! I havent posted for a heck of a long time but just wanted to let you all how much I enjoy looking at your photos.

I don't manage to do any aviation stuff these days other than once a year with Nick & Rich at Yeovilton.

I have managed however, to still keep up some interest in aerial photography. Some time ago, I saw a timelapse of Lady Jo's shed being assembled, taken with a GoPro Hero camera. I invested in a GoPro Hero3 as a 'fun' camera... love it!

I have mounted the camera to a small drone and learning to fly it aloft. You can blame Lady Jo, it is all her fault! Here is a little look at our village:
Our Village
720 HD

JWilsonphoto

Welcome back Donald! I was about to send the St. Bernards out after you! Glad all is well. Top of the Season to you and yours!!

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3886

Hey Donald, very kool video.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1875

Bill Gass wrote:
Hey Donald, very kool video.

+1 - Very cool indeed Donald. A lovely village it is and I appreciate your sharing.

1       2       3              4001      
       4003              4320       4321       end