Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4000

1       2       3              4000      
       4002              4531       4532       end

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19264

I think that was the size of the hard drive on my first business computer, an Osborne.......What ever happened to Osborne?

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Osborne...my first computer programming course used Osbornes. Made me happier to write programs on my Apple IIe at home. It had a full screen vs. the Osborne 1/2 screen; that drove me nuts.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4094

Nice colours appear when you have sunset and red smoke every were..

Jan-Arie

Fulcrum

Jan-Arie

Ramex Delta

JWilsonphoto

Got a bit of a dilemma, Chandler mentioned that he would like a camera for Christmas. Do I start him out with Canon or Nikon? Full frame or crop? Seems that a kit of some sort makes sense. Not a lot of beginners cut their teeth on 1DX's and D810's, but he's not a lot of beginners I don't want to over do it, but I want him to have enough of his own gear that he can get familiar and shoot stuff if my gear isn't an arms length away. I'm thinking a Rebel of some sort, or the equivalent Nikon. What does the brain trust think?

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2012

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Got a bit of a dilemma, Chandler mentioned that he would like a camera for Christmas. Do I start him out with Canon or Nikon? Full frame or crop? Seems that a kit of some sort makes sense. Not a lot of beginners cut their teeth on 1DX's and D810's, but he's not a lot of beginners I don't want to over do it, but I want him to have enough of his own gear that he can get familiar and shoot stuff if my gear isn't an arms length away. I'm thinking a Rebel of some sort, or the equivalent Nikon. What does the brain trust think?

As you're looking at switching over to Nikon (or are you?) I would go down the Nikon road personally, in a crop body the D5300 is quite decent, well reviewed, packs a decent punch. The D7xxx line is due for a refresh which just doesn't seem to be coming.

They've been pairing the higher level crop bodies up with the 18-140 VR around these parts...not sure if that's what they're doing down there as well.

If you wanted to go to full frame something like a D610 has a smaller form factor, and still gets the 24.3 mp sensor.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I think that was the size of the hard drive on my first business computer, an Osborne.......What ever happened to Osborne?

I asked my husband Alan, who is the fount of all knowledge computer history related, and he tells me they announced the Next Big Thing too early, before they'd sold enough of the First Big Thing, so everyone waited for the new one to come out and didn't buy the current model... guess what happens next?

JWilsonphoto

A giant sucking sound....?

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

Has Alan seen the lines outside the Apple Store and Best Buy the night before Apple releases their "Next Big Thing"!

ps: same goes for new Microsoft OS, only they wait 'virtually' online.

Go4Long

F-86 Duo by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Just before the sun pops over the mountains, Steve Hinton Jr. takes Voodoo out for a test hop.

Some cool video by Jason Schillereff of that morning also,

Tim Adams

Some T-6 action. Gordo Sanders in Big Red, from you guessed it, Alabama. One of the very few East coast racers that make the trip to Reno every year.

Tim Adams

Known to most everyone as the slot on the Aeroshell Aerobatic Team, Gene McNeely spends most of his Septembers in Reno racing.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

Jim,

Either a D610 or a Nikon D7100 if going Nikon, or a 6D or 7DII if going Canon.

I know folk with both the Nikons and the 6D who get great results.

As for lenses, I would suggest getting him a 300F4 - this would be a good long glass prime lens for him as it is lightweight & would fit in a smallish camera bag.

This link shows what can be achieved with a D7100:

http://lloydh.co.uk/blog/

JWilsonphoto

Thank you Mark! I'll do a bit of research on those models.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

No problem.

One thing to bear in mind is that they models are more expensive than a Rebel or similar, but having used your equipment, these are probably a better starting point for him than the entry level cameras.

Also, some of the cheaper Nikon models can only take 1 type of lens that would rule out being able to use your Nikon lenses with his camera.

Go4Long

The other aggressor paint scheme

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pSWzAK]
[/url]Playing For the Other Team by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

Like-minded shooters toeing the white line at NAF El Centro.

1       2       3              4000      
       4002              4531       4532       end