Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/4000

1       2       3              4000      
       4002              4345       4346       end

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2873

I saw that power boat image too, and I was about to ask Jim about it.

Jim, isn't that also one of your photos from that series you took a couple of years ago? Did you deliver the GIV image to the client that way, or did they ask for something specific for that screen? I imagine if it didn't happen this time (that the client asked for a specific image), it often does?

Edit: Darn, top of page. Here's something from this summer. At least it's flying. A hummingbird moth:

7D, ISO3200, 1/8000 to freeze the wings, bare 100-400:

Same combo, ISO6400, 1/4000

Would have liked a bit more wing blur, but handheld those didn't come out well.

Mark

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3430

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Lost in the "Plain" discussion was the fact that I'm still chasing my jaw across the floor due to Jim's GV and Architecture posting(s)...

Because that Cub shot is chopped liver...

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4546

stevez wrote:
FlyingPhotog wrote:
Lost in the "Plain" discussion was the fact that I'm still chasing my jaw across the floor due to Jim's GV and Architecture posting(s)...

Because that Cub shot is chopped liver...

I prefer to think of that shot as thinly sliced and lightly grilled...

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1906

A bit of a crop, but this bad boy was running away from my 100-400L at some serious speed. Nevertheless, I'm a sucker for after burners.

Interesting factoid I learned while shooting the Strike Eagles. They were launching with full AB until they got to the EOR. They'd then peddle out of AB until the gears were fully retracted, then throttle right back to full AB and complete their climb to altitude. In speaking with a fellow shooter that works the Luke tower, he said it is to avoid damaging the gear doors on takeoff. Apparently the F-15 can accelerate so quickly that it reaches a speed that could damage the retracting gear doors before they are fully closed. Talk about horsepower - WOW!

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3613

Nice Catch Jeff is that a so called slam eagle?

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1906

Jan-Arie wrote:
Nice Catch Jeff is that a so called slam eagle?

That is my understanding JA. They are F-15SGs from the Republic of Singapore Air Force participating in an exercise at Luke this month.

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2105

This might become another image editing program for some here. Watch the video to see some examples.

http://www.wimp.com/designtechnology/

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2105

And for those that want the thrill of skydiving, but without the cost or danger....

http://www.wimp.com/skydivingbudget/

stevezzzz

I see plenty of danger.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2415

Here's some helicopter pilots who understand the physics of pendulums: http://kottke.org/13/12/helicopter-xmas-tree-harvest

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

Thanks Guys, if I can still make a jaw here drop every once in a while, I might just still have my edge Yes, the Mahogany runabout is one of my shots. Sometimes I drop in some stock where I think it is appropriate. I was working with the designer that evening so I asked if they liked it and got two thumbs up.

The gentleman who owns the Gulfstream works two days a week now and every Wednesday he lights it up and heads to the blue water to clear his mind. Nice regimen

JWilsonphoto

Having a quiet dinner by myself at LaMadeleine. Thinking about all the good friends I've taken here. Just a few feet away is the table where Glenn accepted Christ a few months before he met Him Personally. Ten feet away, the table where Zim and I had breakfast after AFW 2012. I love great memories.

stevezzzz

I remember that fireplace, Jim, and the conversation at breakfast. Good times...

stevezzzz

Here's another item for the Amazon wish list...

http://www.pdnonline.com/gear/MoVI-M10-Camera-Stab-9669.shtml

JWilsonphoto

I actually had a deposit with them for over a year, but asked for it back because there was no news and, it appeared, very little progress. As a designer Zim, what do you make of that? And, where does the 14K come from? Are those components that difficult to construct? LaForet's demo reel oh so long ago was very intriguing.

JWilsonphoto

futurshox wrote:
Here's some helicopter pilots who understand the physics of pendulums: http://kottke.org/13/12/helicopter-xmas-tree-harvest

That is amazing Lady Jo. Remember my assignment on Vancouver Island a number of years ago? Same deal. There was a guy standing on the road whose sole responsibility was to time the "turns" (the total time from drop off to drop off again) of the helicopter. If the pilot fell below a specific number, the number that represented profitability, he/she was relieved of their duty and someone who could make those numbers was brought in. We were "flying wood", each bundle could weigh 1,500 to 3,000 pounds depending upon size and moisture content. The pilot never knew exactly what he had on the end of that cable until he was pointed the other direction trying to lift it on the run. I photographed from the helicopter for a couple of hours one morning and I swear you thought a blade had departed when he pivoted and headed back with the next load. I had one leg in the cabin and the other out on the skid so I could shoot back into the helicopter..........yeah, crazy.

JWilsonphoto

I figured what could go wrong, the weather was perfect and the terrain was no problem......................

JWilsonphoto

We were so remote our JetA had to be trucked in in 55 gallon drums..............

JWilsonphoto

What in the world was I smiling about?! I pretty much figured this was my last assignment.................

JWilsonphoto

A "clear" day.....

1       2       3              4000      
       4002              4345       4346       end