Total Posts: 2015

Super 8 by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2457

A couple more from the Shuttleworth October airshow
Niall

futurshox
Total Posts: 2777

One from Kingsbury at the weekend. The Triplane was run up, but didn't fly.

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4122

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I have a new 100-400 coming later next week. Anyone have an interest in my series I version before I put it on B&Sell in the morning? I'm thinking $800.00. It's sharp , has been completely refurbed by CPS a few years ago. Cosmetically I'd rate it as a 7 maybe, it needs a new lens hood because the plastic retention channels are worn and it fits loosely.

I've been asking bout len's for a few months now goober, just bought a 100-400 last week on here. Dangit !

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4122

Nice yipdog, the last two are incredible, don't know how you and Jay make your images so dang sharp and shiny new but man those are nice.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2015

Keeping Up Foreign Relations by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

ELinder
Total Posts: 1071

Anyone know what she is? I neglected to write it down.

Edit: futurshox wrote:
FAA registry search is your friend ;-)
A Davis D-1-W, apparently.

Erich

Edit: If anyone can point me toward advice on avoiding and minimizing banding in skies with large gradients I'd be grateful. It's driving me nuts.

ELinder
Total Posts: 1071

James Eaton
Total Posts: 314

Baby Update,

Kyla is in a room in Labor & Delivery. Her water has been broken, and so it should be no more than an hour or two till Baby arrives.

Regards,

James

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4097

Good luck James..

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19276

I second Jan Arie's heartfelt wishes!

futurshox
Total Posts: 2777

ELinder wrote:

FAA registry search is your friend ;-)
A Davis D-1-W, apparently.

JWilsonphoto

Scrambling to get an assignment done before the cold fort blows in tonight! Lucky for me I got three hours of aerials shot on Friday, and the rest of the week is all interior work!

Sorry about the 100-400 Bill, three years of "rumor" suddenly became fact. I might just hang on to it and give it to Chandler. Come to think of it he would want to use the new version.... He asked me yesterday if he might be able to get a camera for Christmas, I had to think about that for, oh, less than a second!

JWilsonphoto

Interesting, as I look at the image of Dallas that I posted, I have photographed each of those buildings multiple times, inside and out, and had annual report assignments in all of them as well. Trammell Crow and I got stuck in the elevator of the tall building on the left for a half an hour during the grand opening celebration. The conversation that went on over the elevator emergency phone was priceless We had the Chairman of Citibank Japan with us. Mr. Crow did what he was famous for, turned it into a light hearted non-event. What a privilege it has been to serve my wonderful clients over the years.

JWilsonphoto

Going back at dusk for some more of these views. This end of downtown doesn't get the best daylight after late September. The right dusk will render some incredible imagery.

JWilsonphoto

Glad I got my aerials done, south winds gusting to 40+ today! The Cub is very happy in it's chocks in the middle of HQ.

Jan-Arie

Great Stuff Jim I think Chandler would be more than happy with your "old " 100-400 and for us interesting to see what he comes up with.

Spitfire mk1 Old Warden Silver Efex Illford filter setting

Jan-Arie

Percival Mew Gull

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4085

Where did you photograph the Mew Gull, J-A? I love that old racer...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4085

ELinder wrote:

Erich

Edit: If anyone can point me toward advice on avoiding and minimizing banding in skies with large gradients I'd be grateful. It's driving me nuts.

I don't see any banding in either of the last two pre-dawn shots you posted, Erich. But in general, whenever you're editing images stay in the Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB color space as long as you can before final output, and use 16-bit files where possible (i.e., avoid manipulating sRGB JPEGs). The display device and software you're using to view the images also makes a difference. I've noticed that LR's Library module doesn't render images in the same way that the Develop module does.

1       2       3              3988      
       3990              4533       4534       end