1       2       3              3987      
       3989              4132       4133       end

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1728

TWILIGHT FINAL

FedEx A300 on final into KPHX.

bobl
Total Posts: 2747

I'm thinking the turkey had too much testosterone...

I'm thinking the testosterone had too much turkey.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2076

Not a good night.
My local police force helicopter crashed tonight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25163045

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2549

T-6 action.

Razor17
Total Posts: 257

Wrei wrote:
I'm thinking the turkey had too much testosterone...

Ahh, the Robin Olds family Turkey Day photo... But you left the Lab outside Mine would have been in the kitchen loading up her plate...

Wrei
Total Posts: 2094

Lynn, please don't confuse us with that American Hero! A great leader and pilot.

Oh, the Lab and the Shepherd were only out for a little while. They think they are lap dogs so we put them out during the photo.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2094

MMcGrath wrote:
Not a good night.
My local police force helicopter crashed tonight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25163045

Reads like a very serious accident with 120 patrons inside plus the crew. Praying the responders work safely to help the victims.

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 388

Leap Into The Sky! by Chris Buff, Aviationbuff.com

Tim Adams

Sparky sunset.

gerov
Total Posts: 8639

Tim.
That's beautiful - what shutter speed were you shooting at

Gero

Tim Adams

EXIF data got corrupted between programs. 1/30th.

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1509

With no aircraft on which to to try out my 500mm F4, I went for the next best thing. 500mm + 1.4 extender + 7D (effectively 1120mm) resting on the hide window ledge. Getting better, now I need a good monopod+head to go after bigger flying prey - suggestions welcomed
Niall

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 2961

My daughter asked me to take an engagement photo with her, her fiancÚ and their Aussie. This is what we came up with.

Congratulations to the happy couple! The dog seems OK with it, too.

gerov
Total Posts: 8639

Gorgeous Aussie, Steve. I'm on my second - first one was a black tri and the current is a red merle. Beautiful and intelligent creatures. Your daughter's dog seems to be giving the "I'm watching you" look

But more importantly, congratulations on your daughter's engagement

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15448

Congratulations to all!

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 2961

Thanks, Jim. She's marrying a really nice guy; it makes me happy.

Apropos of nothing in particular (it's what I'm working on this morning), here's a stereo pair from the foothills of the Appenines, south of Modena.

ELinder
Total Posts: 372

Congratulations Steve!

If anyone is considering buying the Nik Collection of plugins, I found a discount code for 15% off. I just used it, so I know it works. Enter "hdrsoftware15" when checking out.

Erich

Leo Hursh
Total Posts: 1604

Congrats to your daughter and future son in law, Steve!!

JWilsonphoto

Anyone watch Garth Brooks' final concert at The Wynn? I can't believe that I never took Sheila to see that live. I shot the Wynn every two weeks during the construction, what a cool place. Garth and I spent a couple of days together in Scottsdale in the mid 90's, a true humble gentleman, always made it a point to make someone else in the room the center of attention. Just what you would expect from a guy out of Stillwater OK. The story behind his three year stint at the Wynn is pretty incredible, but his performances there were even more so, every show was sold out, just an Okie and his guitar, no band, no nothin'.

We were out at a celebrity golf tournament one of the days and I was Garth's photographer. We hit it off from the get go and began bantering and horsing around. Being a buff, I asked him what he flew in on the day before, "America West" he said. He was worth an estimated 250M at the time. So the banter began, "America West?!" I said. He laughed and said, "those private jets are really expensive", I looked at him and said, "Garth, 250M and counting.................just saying'! He cracked up and told me that he was a little spooked by how many music stars had met their demise in private aircraft. Reba's band went down around that time, and the list is long for sure. He got over that because Steve Wynn picked him up and flew him home every day from his gig at The Wynn, for three years, it was part of the deal because he wanted to make sure he didn't miss a single one of his family events.

JWilsonphoto

Today, after a mound of paperwork was behind me, I rolled the Cub out for an hour or so. Just too beautiful a day not to slip the bonds. A historic moment at KTKI, I actually purchased fuel for the first time in 20 some years. Since the city bought out a partner, the fuel is within 30 cents of anywhere close by, and they really want piston aircraft business. The whole atmosphere has changed. They are going to like what we're going to be flying in the near future as well, but it's nice that they want the little guy's business again. The last three decades at KTKI anyone driving a piston knew that they were nothing but a nuisance.

As I pulled the Cub back into the hangar I noticed that I had shut it down at 340TT on the hobbs, every minute of those hours has been pure fun.

1       2       3              3987      
       3989              4132       4133       end