Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3985

1       2       3              3985      
       3987              4872       4873       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19068

Tough day Jeff just a discussion between friends who care about each other, nuthin' earth shaking and nobody has all the answers.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2922

OK Jeff. This is aviation related, sort of. I have spent the last two days importing old photos into a LR catalog and found the following:

Imagine, 1970, a 19 year old USAF airman who has just spent over 6 weeks at basic training, he is ending the 12th weak of 15 at a tech school near downtown Rantoul, Il. He goes to the Post Office, then takes his mail and a package with him as he marches to school. Sitting on the ground, waiting for school to begin he opens the package to find this photo framed. At that moment, he confirmed he would be an idiot not to spend the rest of his life with her...even if it took him 2 years to convince her.

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 308

Steve,

I enjoy your opinions and learn from them but with all due respect the Dems did have control of the Senate, House, and White House. If you feel there was too much pandering to the Insurance Companies, etc there is a good chance it comes from the fact that they collect much of their donations from the same Insurance Industry.

This law wasn't hamstrung by anyone, the Dems got what they wrote. Perhaps they should have read and thought about it before passing it. I would like to see all politicians actually have constructive discussion about such important topics before leaving it's effects on the people.

And if it is such a good law, perhaps the elected officials shouldn't exempt themselves.

Dan

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

I definitely think that the legislators should have the same insurance that ACA is forcing on us. With that in place, maybe, maybe, MAYBE, things would get better when their own health insurance is no better than any one else's. They have had too many perks which has influenced the decisions they make to benefit only themselves, and we pay the price for their greed. Their benefits should be cancelled, and they should have to pay for all of their insurance out of their own pocket. Much more can be said, but I will leave it at that.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

I hadn't known of photographer Laurent Schwebel until a friend passed along this link. What a talent; and what a tragedy that he was murdered for his camera while on holiday in Buenos Aires.

http://beartales.me/2013/03/08/french-photographer-laurent-schwebel/

gerov
Total Posts: 8997

Thank you for the link, Steve. Some amazing and remarkable images on that site.

Couldn't agree more about the tragedy of his passing.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2421

G-IV Trifecta...

JWilsonphoto

Glenn's Tweet is headed exactly where it should be, to a group who does military fly overs for games, funerals, honors. You know, the stuff the military isn't allowed to do for their own. Once again the private sector stands in the gap, see a pattern?

Wrei
Total Posts: 2922

The administration is having the Senate look at significantly increasing retired military health insurance rates and deductibles and co-pays...I thought he promised to lower health care cost to everyone

JWilsonphoto

Mark,

Sorry for the tardy reply on your Nikon lens question.

60/2.8 micro
70-200/2.8 VR
14-24
24PCE
24-70/2.8
2XTCIII

I'm likely to add a couple in the next couple of weeks during my annual tax mitigation, gear spending spree. Really wish they would spring the D4X on me before 12/31.

JWilsonphoto

Sure Eddie Ray, and they won't be subsidized like congress' rates, but we only owe you guys the free air we ALL breath. We should be ashamed of the VA and it's treatment of our military men and women, but ashamed is a vanishing emotion it would seem, along with pride, self esteem (you know the real one garnered by actually achieving something).

Hope you and yours have a Blessed Thanksgiving down there in Central Texas.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4075

Were is that darn Turkey gone to

JWilsonphoto

Happy Thanksgiving Jan Arie! Do you celebrate it, just for the heck of it? Thanksgiving wishes to you and your Mom.

ELinder
Total Posts: 990

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! May you all bask in an abundance of food and the love of those closest to you.

Erich

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4075

We don't celebrate it, they used to many years ago was something called like harvest feast.
We do celebrate Christmas and Easter.
Hope you have a great time with the family.
Sorry no photo as I am already in bed....

JWilsonphoto

I've been helping Sheila and doing a couple of things around the house today because we celebrate Thanksgiving today, Tomorrow begins the Christmas transformation (annual decorating marathon).

Received three emails today adding a large aircraft completion, and six architectural projects to the calendar. For the first time, I may really truly need an assistant on the aircraft shoot. Unfortunately it will be the usual extremely short notice time frame and it will last 3 or 4 days. Not sure exactly what I'm going to do, location hasn't been decided, might be in the Middle East, lots still in play.

Anyone have first hand knowledge of the quality of the Nikon 45 and 90 PCE lenses? I need to do a little research. I really don't want to buy the Canon versions at this point, but I might have to if they are sharper. Schneider just came out with a 90 that is supposed to be unreal. Excellence isn't ever inexpensive, in this case it's about four grand.

JWilsonphoto

Sleep well Bud............

JWilsonphoto

Just read that Nikon's stock is in first place on the Nikkei underperform list for 2013, down 23.6% on an exchange that is up over 40% for the year. They just don't have all those other products that shelter Canon's bottom line.

PDumm
Total Posts: 204

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Anyone have first hand knowledge of the quality of the Nikon 45 and 90 PCE lenses? I need to do a little research. I really don't want to buy the Canon versions at this point, but I might have to if they are sharper. Schneider just came out with a 90 that is supposed to be unreal. Excellence isn't ever inexpensive, in this case it's about four grand.

FYI Jim I remember something about when the D800 came out that it did not work well with Nikon's PCE (till and shift lens).
Found this on Nikons web sight.
http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Camera-Lenses/2168/PC-E-NIKKOR-24mm-f%252F3.5D-ED.html
hope this helps.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

Thunder Over Utah will feature the Blue Angels again next year. They held it in March the first time, in 2012, and experienced winter weather that kept the crowds away and made everyone who was there miserable (except for Steve2, who thought it was just a nice Alberta spring weekend ). So to compensate they've scheduled it this time for the last weekend of July.

Can you say "115, in the shade"?

http://www.thunderoverutah.com

1       2       3              3985      
       3987              4872       4873       end