Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3984

1       2       3              3984      
       3986              4533       4534       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19270

And there was plenty of that to go around, wasn't there?!

JWilsonphoto

Now this must be quite a perspective.................

JWilsonphoto

We had a little moisture............

JWilsonphoto

Not often that you get saluted by a Thunderbird, and one of my favorite guys in all the world.............

JWilsonphoto

Red, White and Blue................

JWilsonphoto

What do boys do to kill time after they have been racing around in the sky with supersonic stuff? Why shadow puppets

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2013

the gear on those things looks really flimsy...but I'd still like to be on the (I'm sure incredibly long) list to get a ride in it. kthx

Zane Adams
Total Posts: 371

Wings Over Houston was a great Airshow! Makes me wonder about the time I've spent at the Fort Worth show for the last couple of years.
I had the great fortune to hang out with the kerosene burners of the Collings Foundation. What a great group of people!

And the star of the show was the F-100! Wow what a machine!

Long Live the Hun!

Went a little artsy "vintage" look on this one...what do you think?

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2013

Zane Adams wrote:
Wings Over Houston was a great Airshow! Makes me wonder about the time I've spent at the Fort Worth show for the last couple of years.

I will say that the first year I went to Alliance was by far the best year that I've been to, but I don't think that's any fault of the team that runs Alliance. The show with the Snowbirds could have been pretty epic, but the weather put a damper on that one (although Tora Tora Tora was still pretty cool). Show lineups have been in flux, the F-22 got grounded for a long time, the F-15, F-16, F-18 and A-10 demo teams got axed completely. I think Alliance has done a really good job as a civilian show of still keeping the lineup fresh every year (with the exception of the Thunderbirds being there pretty much every year).

It looks like next year Alliance is being moved to Sept 12th and 13th and the Blues will be in attendance, so big changes there. Although I still think I might bypass it in favour of Kaneohe bay in Hawaii.

James Eaton
Total Posts: 314

Hi Everyone,

JW, Glenn, Jay, and everyone else, I hope you are doing well.

Its been ages since I've posted anything in MA2A. I talk to Jay on FB, but otherwise I haven't shot much of anything in since Thunder Over Louisville. But I missed a lot of shots I would normally nail, from overwhelming back pain. I found out I had a Herniated Disc that was causing me to lose feeling from the waist down. Then I was told it was either Surgery or end up paralyzed from the waist down, due to the nerve damage that was occurring. So, I just had Spinal Surgery 30 Sept., thus I am down till the 1st of the Year. Can't lift more than 5 lbs. Which means using nothing more than my MKIV & 24/70 2.8. Pretty hard to shoot anything moving thru the sky with the 24-70. On the Family Front, Baby #3 is due any day, so what little photos I can take, will be of the newborn. Dunno if Boy or Girl. Haven't found out. We will know when everyone else finds out.

Just thought I'd check in and say hi. Maybe with all this newfound free time, I can edit some of the pixs from TOL and share em. If any are worth sharing.

Have a Good Night/ Morning/ Afternoon, depending on your timezone.

Best Regards,

James

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

James, that's a lot to deal with; I hope your rehab from back surgery goes well, and that Baby #3 arrives after the weight lifting restriction expires...

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2455

Two more from earlier this year
Niall

JWilsonphoto

Good to hear from you James! Heal quickly!! Congratulations on your pending new arrival.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2777

Hi James, nice to hear from you. Don't envy you the back surgery but I hope you heal well.
Good on you for waiting to see what pops out, too, I would do the same if I had a child. Why spoil the surprise? :-)

JWilsonphoto

This will be an AOPA cover one of these days .....................

JWilsonphoto

Headed downhill in the jumpers away mode.....................

JWilsonphoto

The Blackhawk................

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

Finally a decent program to read my 1Dmk4 shutter count.
Current at 91099 so it will be sufficient for the next two years..

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2455

And a few more

JWilsonphoto

Dear Jan Arie,

Typically the shutter count will go way beyond what the corporate estimate is. Although the newer bodies with the machine gun shutter speed make me wonder sometimes. That's a lot of slapping around going on in there.

I think the IS in my 500 is going bonkers, time to send it off to CPS for a tune up.

1       2       3              3984      
       3986              4533       4534       end