Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3979

1       2       3              3979      
       3981              4242       4243       end

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 261

Hi all,

Jim, I through in my 2 cents too. Looking at many of his website's interior photo's I think he is also using HDR or layering the outside the window details into the photo on another layer. If he lit the inside to the point outside detail wasn't totally blown out I can't see how he would maintain much incandesant lighting visable. Just too much dynamic range in some of the photo's on his portfolio page to be one photo. At least my opinion.

Dan

Zane Adams
Total Posts: 133

As a complete amateur, no talent bum...and poor boy.

1. People actually live in these places?

2. Photographically speaking, to my eye, some of those interior shots are very well done. Amazing art. Then again some of them look like CGI renderings, the photography is gone. There is no soul to the photos, plastic looking furniture and wall coverings, texture free fabrics, funky and confused lighting.
Like the exterior shot you posted...its incongruent. Noon day clouds, sunset shadows, night lit windows. and rain water on the pavement... trying too hard.

BUT...if the client thinks is happy and pays the money then who am I to complain? He's making more than I am at "photography".

Zane Adams

Saw this thing sitting on the ramp in Denton, TX today...they are supposed to be in the area for a couple of months...keep an eye on the sky!

jfrickmann
Total Posts: 5

Ernie Aubert wrote:
I never flew any model, powered or sailplane, with a V tail; do you notice any difference in the response to your control inputs?

The DLGs are mainly built from carbon and kevlar to be strong enough to take the throw and light enough to glide well. They have a cross tail with the rudder going up and down to reduce twist on the tail. As for the other gliders, I do not find that there is any difference in handling between a V-tail and a concentional cross tail.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3498

As a complete amateur, no talent bum...and poor boy.

Zane Adams wrote:
Saw this thing sitting on the ramp in Denton, TX today...they are supposed to be in the area for a couple of months...keep an eye on the sky!

I think you got lots of talent looking at your photo nothing wrong with it Zane.
Being able to make shots like that makes you rich don't know about the bum part but i think you do al-right in my book

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4369

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Ok Brain Trust, check this photographer's site out and tell me what you think.

http://www.ericfigge.com

Certainly there is a ton of additional lighting in many of these images, but the captures where it's daytime and the interiors are completely lit, if you were tasked to emulate that technique, how would you do it. Some are pretty dramatic, many, i think are over done, but it's a matter of personal preference. I am just analyzing the photographer's technique.

You could set the camera up and shoot the daytime exposure, then light the blazes out of the home, never moving the camera and expose for that in the evening. I suppose one could light paint the structure too, but I doubt that's how it's done.

You guys who are layer Gurus, is there some technique within PS that is used here? Just curious. Rumor has it that the artist is very pricey, bu pricey is good.

What do you all think?

Meh...

He lost me at:
- Slooooooooooow loading site
- Music
- Level 5 JPEGs

I've seen better (both here and elsewhere)

FlyingPhotog

chirp...

FlyingPhotog

Overwatch...

FlyingPhotog

"Rush Hour"

FlyingPhotog

"Spacebus"

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15895

Thanks Everyone, for your thoughtful analysis. Really academic, the guy doesn't affect my bottom line, but our work crossed paths and I always like to dissect what successful people in my markets are doing. As I said, some of the interiors were striking, some didn't appeal to me at all. I find it interesting and informative to look around at what other people's clients like and don't like. One of the new clients that I have been blessed with, has me snowed under with work precisely because the previous photographer had a similar over the top, almost Thomas Kincaid style, and I'm in the process of reshooting a year's worth of architecture that has already been "shot".

I think one develops a style over the years, and while it's never good to barrel down the business highway with blinders on, if your style has garnered you success, it's not great idea to stray very far from it. I have the equipment and technical know how to light interiors that way, and do for clients whose taste run toward the dramatic. But I don't have a clue how to produce triple layered, less than realistic renditions like what were discussing. If I had to throw a dart at it, I'd say Professor Zim has nailed it.

Zane, the answer to your question is, "YES", people live in homes like those and much larger. God bless 'em too, because they are the names on or behind most of our checks, and we need to cherish them. The desire to move up from wherever we are in life, unless it becomes an all consuming obsession, is what get's us up in the morning to go out and do what we do. Thinking about the goals I have set for myself and where I want to be, what I want to know, be able to do, what I want to live in, what I'd like to fly, what camera gear I'd like to have, are all things that make challenging days tolerable, blood sweat and tears worth investing. The day I'm no longer gazing at the next rung in some ladder, will be a very sad day indeed, and I hope I never achieve every rung either, it's not good to have attained all of one's dreams.

Today was one of those days that we all have, a day spent trying to make lemonade out of road apples. Very frustrating, beneath my skill level, several times I wanted to tell someone that they had me mixed up with a newby who would be willing to put up with complete disorganization, and unrealistic expectations. My back hurt, my arm hurt, most everything hurt because I have been at break neck speeds for a couple of months. But, I did what needed to be done, organized and orchestrated what had not been, took three Advil and "got 'er dun", cuz I don't know any other way.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1829

Panning practice at KSDL...

Jeff W.

Jeff W.

FlyingPhotog

Nicely Done Jeff...

Zane Adams

JW,
I think my the inflection in my comment did not com across in the text...
Do people actually live in these places? As in LIVE! Almost none of those photos give the spaces a 'homey' feeling. A home is warm and inviting, they are not an architectural drawing or idea. They are homes, living spaces. The plastic banana, rendered look gives no feeling or soul to the spaces.

I have zero care what people earn and or spend their money on. (if that were the case I could not be a warbird fan....talk about cubic dollars...ha!) No envy here...just wow!

Jan-
Thank you for the kind words. I do what I can with what I have.
And yeah...I'm a bum...airport bum of the highest order! lol

Wrei
Total Posts: 2177

And now for the other side of the story. I spent my first 31 working years working hard to learn, improve myself and the organizations I worked for with great success. I spent the last 12+ years using my experience and knowledge to improve an organization while the rest of executive management was trying to tear it apart through their lack of knowledge and skill. That organization has been sold and is now treading water. I am very happy to wake up in the early morning to see what He has on display in the eastern sky, then waiting on the surprise He presents each evening in the west. In between I enjoy whatever my best girlfriend of 46 years has in store. Life on the front and back porch have never been better.

JWilsonphoto

Dear Zane,

That inflection thing is endemic in all this digital communication. I understood what you meant and in no way meant to take you to task, sorry if it came off that way. Actually, much of what we photograph, people don't live in, they are idealistic models meant to immerse you in what could be, before you add kids, socks, peanut butter sandwiches, pets and all the other remnants of reality Typically from closing date forward, they never look like that again.

JWilsonphoto

Zane Adams

JW,
Isn't digital communication wonderful? thanks...it's all good!

Those two photos look like photos and have a warm, textural feel. Nice

Now for a sunset from last week for bed time!

1       2       3              3979      
       3981              4242       4243       end