1       2       3              3975      
       3977              4531       4532       end

futurshox
Total Posts: 2776

Here's some from the dawn patrol.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

Jo,

Is the Norwegian F-5 not owned by RP Jr.?

futurshox

No idea. There were two of them; one either side of a JRB-based F-16.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

Cheers,

I did a bit of googling & it seems there should be 15 of them that were sold to a U.S. company for a foreign military training contract, and that they are based at Alliance. Not sure if they are still airworthy though and if the contract ever started.

futurshox

Huh, well today I learn something!
I just assumed they were passing through, to or from Norway...

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9906

MMcGrath wrote:
Is the Norwegian F-5 not owned by RP Jr.?

If it were my son's, I'd have shown up at Alliance in it. Must be that other guy...

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

Zane Adams
Total Posts: 371

The Norwegian F-5's were to be the beginning of a foreign pilot jet training center to be operated at Alliance. The NIMBY's got wind of the plan and screamed about too much noise at an airport..... Again.... The newspapers called it a jet fighter school. The two F-5's live in the back of the hangar at AFW. They get a yearly bath and have been dragged out for the last two airshows. Don't know their ultimate fate.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

MMcGrath wrote:
Jim / Steve Z,

Did either of you get your iMac 5k yet?

What are your thoughts?

Mine was delivered on Saturday, to my home in Colorado, while I was in Alliance. Now, I'm in Florida. I have formed no useful opinion of the new machine.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2012

Oh Zimmerman... If Ken Rockwell taught us anything about the Internet it's that you don't need to have actually used all of the items you review.

ELinder

stevez wrote:
Mine was delivered on Saturday, to my home in Colorado, while I was in Alliance. Now, I'm in Florida. I have formed no useful opinion of the new machine.

Hope your flight to FL was, er, uneventful.

Erich

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19267

Good Evening Everyone!

Just coming up for air, I apologize for my hasty retreat back to Dallas yesterday. I had a very important date with Halle for a church fall festival and Sheila and I were volunteering so I had to be there by 4:45. Given the fact that Sheila hadn't seen me for four days, I figured I had better be on time.

Sure enjoyed seeing everyone and I owe more thank you's than I could express in a week. Larry and Kevin, who always have my back, really got a workout this weekend, thank you!! Glenn/Nadya and David experienced stark boredom punctuated by brief moments of terror Tested in the crucible they proved to be invaluable team members as well as faithful friends,. I could not have accomplished what I did without your skills, in, and out of the airplane, thank you!

Thanks too to everyone who came distances long and short, I enjoyed my time with each and all of you, brief as it might have been. A special thanks to our Ladies who add a very dear dimension to the group. To Jo for the calm and caring way she has of bringing me back from the edge, I value your friendship greatly. To Nadya who sensed that I was twisted up like safety wire over the challenges and obstacles we faced surrounding our air to air mission, that pat and squeeze on my arm as we ripped through the early morning sky in the Bonanza meant more than you could know, thank you. Again to Glenn and David, for rising to the occasion when our goal looked all but impossible, your diligence and skill made us look like heroes to two clients/friends who are very important to me, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sorry we missed our fun at HQ Thursday, hope what we had set up at AFW made up for that hiccup, just too much to focus on to pull off our normal Thursday gathering.

I don't think my good friend Debra Hale visits our little conversation here, but I consider it a privilege to partner up with her for this event and lend what assistance I am able. Debra is generally being pulled a dozen directions, but she makes it look easy, and somehow always has time to see that I am warm/cool, watered, fed, sun screened in the midst of it all. As my head hit the pillow last night I found myself thinking of, and thankful for all of you. Why, I even forgave Erich for snagging the last Hard 8 pork chop right out from under my nose......... Hope everyone is home safe and sound and that you enjoyed the weekend. I didn't get to see nearly enough of Jan Arie's infectious smile, but it cheers me every time I picture it, safe home Jan, thanks for making the trek.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19267

Oh, and I could give you the skinny on the F5's, but then someone would have to kill us all, so I'll hold off and show you the pictures in the by and by.

azbill
Total Posts: 510

3'fer

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

Kinda liking this one...

ELinder

Kinda...I should say so! Although I keep thinking at least one of those leading edge ultimateairshows.com should have been applied upside down.

Erich

Glenn Watson

No kidding...he spends a lot of time upside down!

Glenn

Glenn Watson

'Cuts like a knife' came on Pandora right when I exported this one...

Glenn

docsmiles17
Total Posts: 1134

Glenn

Very nice work you've done here.

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2449

Glenn,
I'll say it again - I really love the first one!!
Niall

1       2       3              3975      
       3977              4531       4532       end