1       2       3              3956      
       3958              4530       4531       end

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4092

Impressive stuff Jay..

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

nickjohnson wrote:
Here you go Jeff. This is bad even by my standards. Grey day, grey (ish) plane, oh, and two stops under exposed just for good messure.

So this is the after as in after DXO, Lightroom, CS6, SEP2, kitchen sink + taps.

Well yes it's full of noise it's a Harrier.

. and on firmer ground.

Thanks Nick. You definitely made an excellent recovery of that Harrier shot. I've been meaning to give DXO a try and your workflow has me thinking. If it is good enough for Salgado, then it should be good enough for me

Jeff W.

Jan-Arie wrote:
Man Jeff that F5 is Tack sharp amazing..

Thanks J-A. I got very lucky with a lot of variables on that shot.

Jeff W.

Returning from the last sortie of the day...

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9906

Been a long time since I've seen a reference to the Curtis family. Lovely Prowler, if that's not too much of an oxymoron.

Off to Rome tonight! Love you all, will probably be absent until the 23rd or 24th. I'll look forward to some Alliance images upon my return.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

Marcia and I drove my sister, who stopped for a visit on her way home from Australia, up into the mountains for a few days this week. The weather was pretty dreary due to the aftermath of that Pacific tropical storm, but it did make for a few neat photo ops. Like this one: a golden eagle was perched in an aspen grove until our presence motivated him to move on. My sister handed me her D7000 with the 300mm f/4 and said, 'Here, you're more likely to get a good shot.'

And this is the result...

Strike Eagle

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 983

Jeff W. wrote:
nickjohnson wrote:
Here you go Jeff. This is bad even by my standards. Grey day, grey (ish) plane, oh, and two stops under exposed just for good messure.

So this is the after as in after DXO, Lightroom, CS6, SEP2, kitchen sink + taps.

Well yes it's full of noise it's a Harrier.

. and on firmer ground.

Thanks Nick. You definitely made an excellent recovery of that Harrier shot. I've been meaning to give DXO a try and your workflow has me thinking. If it is good enough for Salgado, then it should be good enough for me

Jeff, you welcome. I've used DXO for a long time now. Now, I don't use all of it just some parts. Modules I do use are the Lens Correction, Prime Noise Reduction, Highlight Recovery, and RAW White Balance. I set the DXO output to a DNG file type and import those files into Lightroom where I give them the full Develop Module treatment as if they where the original RAW files. I blend the SEPv2 image into the colour image using the Luminosity and / or the Soft light layer modes, in CS6. Other details available upon request. Good luck with your quest.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Hang on.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Claustrophobic? IF1 may not be for you.

docsmiles17
Total Posts: 1134

few from miramar earlier this month

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

I know they're cranking these out quickly, but you'd think they'd at least sand all the filler putty before letting them off the workbench...

FlyingPhotog

Fading away but not done yet...
"Black Sheep" Harrier heading out with bad intent.

FlyingPhotog

Workhorse out standing in its field...

FlyingPhotog

Because you can never be too rich, too thin, or have too many shots of a warbird in flight...

Jeff W.

I am very pleased and honored to have one of my photographs grace the cover of the "Navy Southwest Region Guide To Installations". It was interesting working with the Navy's printer and seeing the final decisions they made on crop, framing, orientation (it was reversed), and color balance.

A big thank you to NAF El Centro PAO Kris Haugh for sending me a few copies so I can feed my vanity. Please ignore the poor scan quality, it actually printed very nicely.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19256

Congratulations Jeff! Well done!!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19256

Razor17 wrote:
Zane Adams wrote:
Thank you Jim,

The spot is for limitd use only...I don't hang out there for long, but I've never been ran off from there either. Just not an 'official' spot at DFW.

Map>>> http://goo.gl/maps/TlA1L

There tends to be some heat problems with shooting from there...but it lends it's self to some drama...for airliners that is...lol

Sweet spot to shoot from Zane, but watch out of a unmarked Tahoe, if you are marked, several will arrive. People try to shoot on the fence in front of CAE and get nailed every time...

You don't go un-noticed for long around DFW, I suppose thats a good thing. I have been asked to shoot a number of things for DFW over the years, and even that is wrapped in red tape.

docsmiles17
Total Posts: 1134

Congrats Jeff and thanks for sharing. That is a "different" crop than I would pick. Did they tell you how they wanted it edited or did they edit it themselves?

Jeff W.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Congratulations Jeff! Well done!!

Thank you Jim.

docsmiles17 wrote:
Congrats Jeff and thanks for sharing. That is a "different" crop than I would pick. Did they tell you how they wanted it edited or did they edit it themselves?

Thank you sir. I was not involved in the printers editing process. They specified the color space, size, resolution, etc. I simply provided TIFF files to their specs. They had several of my images to choose from and this was not the one I would have selected. Such is the nature of the "client". Their needs/vision don't always align with the photographer. Nevertheless, I was very pleased that they used one of my images.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2012

FlyingPhotog wrote:
I know they're cranking these out quickly, but you'd think they'd at least sand all the filler putty before letting them off the workbench...

I saw similar markings on some of the ones around the JRB...wonder what that's about.

1       2       3              3956      
       3958              4530       4531       end