Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3948

1       2       3              3948      
       3950              4531       4532       end

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 986

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Thanks Nick! Maybe I'm confusing the tower that I bought years ago which housed 15 1TB drives. It required a pci-e card and special cabling to work with my Mac Pro. So based upon what you see, do you think this just plugs inn using the ethernet port ( I guess on my router), then one configures the ip address and settings in the Drobo itself. Does this then give me the ability to get to my files from anywhere in the world that I might be? I've never had that, and it would be a plus.

Jim, please remember I don't do Mac. Not to worry about your old tower – just about anything (except a dedicated storage box) with 15 drives in it will need dedicated cards / cables / whatever.

I'm not at all sure that Apple offer an iSCSI software client (termed an Initiator) – though there are plenty of third party offerings – including Drobo apparently. AFAIK the iSCSI initiator is a software layer that connects the client (e.g your iMac) operating system to a Drobo storage box via a normal IP network – CAT 5 cables, gigabit switch, wifi (not a good idea), whatever. AFAIK a way of accessing the Drobo box from outside you “in house” network requires a static IP address on the internet side of your router, configuration of your router firewall to offer access login, forwarding of the iSCSI port traffic to the static home network address of the Drobo box. If that sounds scary – good – it is scary. I strongly recommend getting some good help for any of this external connection stuff. Keep in mind I haven’t done this stuff for about eight years.

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2649

Don't look down.

http://youtu.be/xQ_IQS3VKjA

buffallo bill
Total Posts: 91

MMcGrath wrote:
Don't look down.

http://youtu.be/xQ_IQS3VKjA

Incredible, my heart was in my mouth for most of that video, the guy has no fear.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19260

Incredible in so many ways, scenery, stamina, fearlessness, skill, cinematography, post processing. Oh yeah, and an incredible death wish as well.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

That is breathtaking, in more ways than one...

Why is it that all the most skilled nutters are either French, or have Red Bull painted on them?

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

Welcome to our humble home, buffalo bill. Do hang around and enjoy what you read and see and when you wish? Koin in the discussions and post a photo or two when you can.

Regarda, Colin

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

Jeff W. wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
You're dating yourself Jeff, unfortunately a lot of 11 year olds these days know more than we do about that subject.

Sad, but true Jim. I turn 59 tomorrow and not certain I'm 100% conversant on that particular subject

Happy Bday Jeff....

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

Ryan Harris wrote:
The CAF had the B-29 and B-24 down at Redbird, positioned for this weekend's festivities, but decided to take them back to Meacham for the night to get out of the weather. We're expecting it here in Houston around midnight.

I saw Gunfighter going into Redbird around noon today...

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

You guys keep talking about Redbird, but I do not think you're referring to the Skyport in San Marcos. Where is this other Redbird of which you speak?

Ryan Harris
Total Posts: 149

Dallas Executive is the technical term these days.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

Thanks for asking Lady Jo, i was trying to figure out what was going on in San Marcos!

RobMoser
Total Posts: 871

I think Dallas changed the name to attract business. The identifier is still RBD.

Rob

buffallo bill
Total Posts: 91

Colin Giersberg wrote:
Welcome to our humble home, buffalo bill. Do hang around and enjoy what you read and see and when you wish? Koin in the discussions and post a photo or two when you can.

Regarda, Colin

Thanks Colin, I have been revelling in the remarkable images posted in this thread for a few years now and am constantly amazed by the quality these guys can wring from their cameras, I have loved looking at aircraft since I was a kid, I do not get the chance to photograph them to the extent that I would like but I have some intent to change that and hopefully I will capture some pics that I would feel comfortable posting here. It's not just photos of flight that I admire here, the all round ability shown is truly inspiring, really enjoy checking in to see everyone's efforts, this thread moves so fast! Cheers, Bill.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19260

Welcome Bill!

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4093

Owwwwwwwwwwww one more week of hard labour then it's goodbye low country hello Texas

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

futurshox wrote:
That is breathtaking, in more ways than one...

Why is it that all the most skilled nutters are either French, or have Red Bull painted on them?

I've seen other videos featuring this guy's bicycling prowess. This one makes the rest look almost sane.

I wonder if they shot the aerial stuff with drones, or helicopters?

[Edit for TOPP: Boulder's Flatirons and the National Center for Atmospheric Research]

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

Both I think. There was mention of a drone somewhere in the credits.

Erich

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

Jan-Arie wrote:

Owwwwwwwwwwww one more week of hard labour then it's goodbye low country hello Texas

And I'm getting warmed up for Texas by driving to Atlanta for a 6 day sports photography workshop. That should build up the arm strength swinging a big lens around! (or totally wear me out)

Erich

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

Aviation content in an aerial landscape!

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 986

Well now – that sure makes our crop circles look a bit tame!

I've been at the medicine cabinet again.

I'd better post an aviation pic as well.

1       2       3              3948      
       3950              4531       4532       end