Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3934

1       2       3              3934      
       3936              4376       4377       end

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2663

After about 900 miles on race day, cars get a little dirty.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4567

Just another great week in the now growing list of great weeks in MA2A history...

As always, huge THANK YOU to Jim for his unyielding hospitality. Great to see old friends and put some new faces to names.

Safe travels to all and let's do it again soon!

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3495

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Just another great week in the now growing list of great weeks in MA2A history...

As always, huge THANK YOU to Jim for his unyielding hospitality. Great to see old friends and put some new faces to names.

Safe travels to all and let's do it again soon!

Did you perhaps mean to write 'unstinting hospitality', Jay? That's Jim: a great friend and a solid citizen.

I'd like to add my thanks to everyone who made the effort to travel from all over everywhere to be there this weekend, and especially to Al, who came all the way from Australia and then chauffeured me around all weekend. In the 'above and beyond' category, he even drove me the hour back to HQ this morning so I could head home a day early. I've burned the candle at both ends in the last month and it's finally catching up to me: a head cold started overnight and I didn't want to get stuck six hundred miles from home, unfit to fly.

My flight home in the Remos was uneventful except for the (expected, really) 20 knot headwinds giving way to the low ceilings and rain I encountered the last 60 miles or so. This photo was taken at about 500' AGL as I got to the point where I realized I had the airport made; portions of the previous half hour were in conditions worse than this. At one point I spotted a Beech Staggerwing paralleling my course, in the rain, a mile or so ahead. He was clearly feeling his way through the rain, too, but finally he turned back into me and I had to take evasive action to avoid a collision while sandwiched between the ground and the clouds.

Tim Adams

If you ever get a chance to shoot racing at night, take it!!! Especially if it is raining.

Door #1?

Tim Adams

Or Door #2?

Tim Adams

The stunning Rebellion P1.

Tim Adams

As far as 911's go I love this paint scheme.

As a side note, even at level 12 jpeg it just crushes the crap out of the black backgrounds. It looks great in PS until you save it as a jpeg.

ELinder
Total Posts: 557

Loving those night shots Tim!

What can I say about the MA2A weekend that hasn't been said? Great hospitality from Jim, and the whole experience was like meeting old friends you didn't know you had. I'm already looking forward to meeting them again. Oh, and for those who were there, yes, I did repay Al in kind for his plot with the receptionist.

Erich

futurshox
Total Posts: 2439

Good to meet you too, Erich! Now, what was Al up to with the receptionist, then? Do tell

Here's Jim and Nadya; I think they are enjoying themselves...

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1925

Tim Adams wrote:
After about 900 miles on race day, cars get a little dirty.

As good as it gets Tim - WOW!

I wish I could see your wonderful racing images at full res. I'll bet they would knock my socks off

Ernie Aubert
Total Posts: 4522

Door # 2!

Tim Adams

Version 2 of the Ferrari 458.

ELinder

Waiting at DFW to fly out. Anyone edit photos on the iPad? Have you found anything better than Photogene for RAW files?

Erich

stevezzzz

ELinder wrote:
Waiting at DFW to fly out. Anyone edit photos on the iPad? Have you found anything better than Photogene for RAW files?

Erich

I gave up trying to store and edit raw files on an iPad a long time ago, Erich. The iPad is great for displaying content, but as a production device it is sadly lacking.

You will no doubt want to revisit this one when you get home and have the proper editing tools and your calibrated monitor: the colors are off and overall the image lacks punch.

ELinder

Thanks for the confirmation Steve. So how you feeling?

Erich

stevezzzz

Bet Ross didn't know his bird had been turned into a gate guard.

Talon on a Stick

stevezzzz

How about a little demonstration of just how good the EF 200-400 f/4L +1.4TC is? Here are two un-cropped image files with the TC rolled in and the lens wide open at f/5.6, along with 1:1 crops. These were taken on HQ Thursday.

stevezzzz

ELinder wrote:
Thanks for the confirmation Steve. So how you feeling?

Erich

I'm taking it real easy today, pumping the Vitamin C and fluids, and will probably be fine in a day or two. Thanks for asking.

Nap time...

stevezzzz

HQ Thursday: the usual suspects, plus Al. Next time, Al will be a usual suspect, too.

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2886

ELinder wrote:

Erich

My gosh, what did you guys do to Jim? You got him so disoriented that he's shooting that warehouse in the background.

Mark

1       2       3              3934      
       3936              4376       4377       end