Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3929

1       2       3              3929      
       3931              4533       4534       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19270

Mt. Hood Zim. A few fires kept it fairly obscured while I was there. Just landed back in Dallas. Beginning an annual report assignment tomorrow morning at 6 am.

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 989

.. Gosh, eleven hrs already ...

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

Abstract airplane.

Erich

yipDog
Total Posts: 148

Was driving by the airport and noticed the MD guys practicing autos. Proof that having your camera with you at all times is a good thing!

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

Black Hawk returning to Gilze Rijen air base after dropping elements of the 82 Airborne at Grave Bridge for the commemorations of the Market Garden memorial it was a flight of 5

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4084

Took Marcia up in the Pipistrel to do a little early leaf-peeping in the high country. Shot lots of stills and video, but this is all I have time for right now: a little straight-down fall foliage from 10,000' MSL.

ELinder

A pair of Titan T-51Ds returning after a performance. These airplanes are frequent participants at the local shows.

Erich

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4122

Now go get me a shot with a heard of elk in it and a couple of big bulls laying in a meadow, Steve

Rusty1
Total Posts: 979

From the Winston Salem Airshow last weekend, always a favorite of ours.

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

Tim Adams wrote:
Mustangs look pretty good at night also. Tiger had to put some time on the race motor after it was installed. They towed it out about 10:15PM. We were treated to about 45 minutes of sonic pleasure as they ran this thing. It could not match the visuals of the old 232 runs, but the audio cold not be beaten.

Really nice Tim, is there a audio somewhere like 232's??

Lynn

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

Razor17 wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
Mustangs look pretty good at night also. Tiger had to put some time on the race motor after it was installed. They towed it out about 10:15PM. We were treated to about 45 minutes of sonic pleasure as they ran this thing. It could not match the visuals of the old 232 runs, but the audio cold not be beaten.

Really nice Tim, is there a audio somewhere like 232's??

Lynn

I did a bunch of video also. Is there any way to clean up video, enhance it, from the 5DmkIII? I have no clue, or do I just upload it to YouTube?

stevezzzz

Bill Gass wrote:
Now go get me a shot with a heard of elk in it and a couple of big bulls laying in a meadow, Steve

We saw no wildlife of any kind on our 2-1/2 hour flight, not even a bird. And we were looking.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19270

Well, well, well......................

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/09/a-new-eos-pro-body-with-46mp-next-month-cr1/

I be havin' two of those if they aren't vaporware...........

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

They flew tight to make it a show, but it was a good show. The Wells-Sanders formation clinic.

nickjohnson

stevez wrote:
Took Marcia up in the Pipistrel to do a little early leaf-peeping in the high country. Shot lots of stills and video, but this is all I have time for right now: a little straight-down fall foliage from 10,000' MSL.

Very cool Steve, you made it look kinda like a brassica veg patch. With the light and POV angle it's amazing how blue some of the trees look.

Been experimenting with some gentle, peaceful, laid back coastal B&W stuff.

msalvetti
Total Posts: 3167

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Well, well, well......................

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/09/a-new-eos-pro-body-with-46mp-next-month-cr1/

I be havin' two of those if they aren't vaporware...........

I thought of you right away, Jim. If real, probably beats selling your supertele's and switching to a D4 or whatever Nikon releases.

The rumor actually started here, by Psychic1 who I believe works for Canon:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1318815

Funny, there is even a post wondering when the thread was going to show up on Canon Rumors. I think it took a couple of hours.

Mark

stevezzzz

nickjohnson wrote:
stevez wrote:

Very cool Steve, you made it look kinda like a brassica veg patch. With the light and POV angle it's amazing how blue some of the trees look. [/IMG]

Thanks, Nick. The 'blue' trees are actually dead lodgepole pines, killed by an infestation of pine bark beetles that's ravaged much of Colorado and neighboring states. Some places, entire mountainsides are covered by stands of dead conifers. Climate change means that winters are no longer cold enough to kill the majority of the larvae, so pine bark beetle populations have exploded.

[edit for TOPP: more aspens, with most of the dead pines cropped out in the stereo pair.

nickjohnson

stevez wrote:
nickjohnson wrote:
stevez wrote:

Very cool Steve, you made it look kinda like a brassica veg patch. With the light and POV angle it's amazing how blue some of the trees look. [/IMG]

Thanks, Nick. The 'blue' trees are actually dead lodgepole pines, killed by an infestation of pine bark beetles that's ravaged much of Colorado and neighboring states. Some places, entire mountainsides are covered by stands of dead conifers. Climate change means that winters are no longer cold enough to kill the majority of the larvae, so pine bark beetle populations have exploded.

Ah so. It's sad when such things happen. Over here in the UK we have lost almost all our Elm trees under similar circumstances. It's hard to quantify, but across our country there are strange gaps in our towns and country side holes where something used to stand.

viczig
Total Posts: 2399

The Collings Foundation Wings Of Freedom tour visited Plymouth MA this week, I've been to this the last several years and every year Frank Tedesco is there. Frank was a B-24 pilot in WWII and his stories are fascinating for both young and old. Frank turns 94 tomorrow and I hope to see him for many more years to come.

This year the Collings Foundation treated Frank to a ride in Betty Jane and I was able to record it.

ELinder

It's hard to grasp just how big the TBM really is until you see it up close.

Erich

1       2       3              3929      
       3931              4533       4534       end