Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3926

1       2       3              3926      
3927
       3928              4873       4874       end

JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19072
Country: United States

One of these days we need to plan a MA2A weekend and invite everyone, get a band, food, photography, flying, all kinds of fun. Anyone in?

Looking forward to seeing everyone coming in this week! Missing all of you who can't make it.



astrobrian
Registered: Sep 27, 2012
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
One of these days we need to plan a MA2A weekend and invite everyone, get a band, food, photography, flying, all kinds of fun. Anyone in?

Looking forward to seeing everyone coming in this week! Missing all of you who can't make it.


Perhaps on the other side of the calendar in late March to augment the Alliance show.(While it is still cool, but turning green.)



RobMoser
Registered: Sep 04, 2007
Total Posts: 865
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
One of these days we need to plan a MA2A weekend and invite everyone, get a band, food, photography, flying, all kinds of fun. Anyone in?

Looking forward to seeing everyone coming in this week! Missing all of you who can't make it.


Sounds great to me!

Rob



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 4076
Country: Netherlands

The Band!! are you getting the Band back Together don't eat to much BBQ woooo.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4071
Country: United States

Speaking of VIP parking at Alliance (can you tell I'm procrastinating on completing my sales tax returns for Q3?) I noticed that this year's photo pit passes don't show that VIP parking is included, as was true in past years. Anyone else get the pit pass without the photo tour?



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 4076
Country: Netherlands

Steve
As posted by Jim one one of the other pages
Have fun





ELinder
Registered: Feb 14, 2010
Total Posts: 993
Country: United States

Hey, I just saw on the Alliance website that the T-Bird painted T-38 will be there. Do I need new reading glasses, or is that a recent addition? Either way, cool!

Erich



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 4076
Country: Netherlands

A 1924 Hawker Cygnet



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4071
Country: United States

Jan-Arie wrote:
Steve
As posted by Jim one one of the other pages
Have fun





I got that, J-A; but I'm NOT on the photo tour, just have Photo Pit passes. In past years that always included VIP parking but there's no sign of parking info on this year's pass. An oversight, perhaps? Jim?



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 4076
Country: Netherlands

stevez wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
Steve
As posted by Jim one one of the other pages
Have fun


I got that, J-A; but I'm NOT on the photo tour, just have Photo Pit passes. In past years that always included VIP parking but there's no sign of parking info on this year's pass. An oversight, perhaps? Jim?


You are my friend and because I'm not there I especially looked it up for you...

http://www.allianceairshow.com/Photos/PitTour.aspx


70' x 40' fenced area
Located just south of show center along the crowd line.
Opens at 9:00 am, when air show gates open
(1) shared 10' x 10' tent with a table for camera equipment. (One tent for photo pit.)
Chair seating, unreserved.
Bottled water available from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
(1) Box Lunch with deli hoagie, cold salad, potato chips, fruit, dessert and condiments served from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
(1) VIP Parking Pass
When purchased, print-out serves as entry to both VIP Parking and Photo Pit.
Access VIP Parking from Westport Parkway exit off I-35W.













Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 4076
Country: Netherlands

Hurricane



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2634
Country: United Kingdom

stevez wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
Steve
As posted by Jim one one of the other pages
Have fun





I got that, J-A; but I'm NOT on the photo tour, just have Photo Pit passes. In past years that always included VIP parking but there's no sign of parking info on this year's pass. An oversight, perhaps? Jim?


Steve,

In 2010 there was a separate pass you printed for parking.
In 2012 the ticket doubled up as your parking pass.

Mark



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2634
Country: United Kingdom

To those headed to Alliance, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2634
Country: United Kingdom

J-A what happened to your camera?



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 4076
Country: Netherlands

MMcGrath wrote:
J-A what happened to your camera?


Don't know yet Mark It wouldn't produce sharp pictures any more.
Tried everything resetting new firmware etc. but still the same results.
Tried to put it on manual but when I saw a sharp image in the view finder and pushed off a frame the photo was un sharp and blurry.
The thing that surprised me was when I manually tried to focus you could hear the camera make a bleeping sound normally that tells you that he is in focus but that was not what I was seeing but I did fired off one shot and to my amazement the photo was sharp but I couldn't see a sharp photo in the viewfinder? so you tell me if you think what caused that.
Even calibrated the eye piece to my eye so i knew for sure that i ruled everything thing out that I new of.

Tried all my lenses on another body but the were all good there with sharp results.
To bad it happened wile in the Loop and I didn't had my mark II with me.
Next time I will haul the spare with me...

I did take some photo's with it they are on the previous page some were from when it still preformed good the others were taken with the Live view function that worked ok but not on fast Jets.

Edit for tops 300 mm with live view



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19072
Country: United States

Good afternoon everyone. In the spirit of full disclosure, I need to tell you that the B25 mission just got scrubbed. The 25 will not be at Alliance, suffice it to say that schedule changes caused several key components to drop from the mix, "it takes a village" as Hillary once said. I'm disappointed, but it's the nature of the beast. Additionally, when you try as hard as we do to make these things happen, and they don't, I default to the fact that God is in control, and maybe he sees something I don't in this picture, so I am at peace with that.

On to the good news. Hutchins BBQ will be ready to pick up at 11 on Thursday (forecast to be beautiful) I paid the light bill and taxes so we still have HQ to hang out in In the grand scheme, we'll be fine.

"That is all!"



RobMoser
Registered: Sep 04, 2007
Total Posts: 865
Country: United States

Jan-Arie wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
J-A what happened to your camera?


Don't know yet Mark It wouldn't produce sharp pictures any more.
Tried everything resetting new firmware etc. but still the same results.
Tried to put it on manual but when I saw a sharp image in the view finder and pushed off a frame the photo was un sharp and blurry.
The thing that surprised me was when I manually tried to focus you could hear the camera make a bleeping sound normally that tells you that he is in focus but that was not what I was seeing but I did fired off one shot and to my amazement the photo was sharp but I couldn't see a sharp photo in the viewfinder? so you tell me if you think what caused that.
Even calibrated the eye piece to my eye so i knew for sure that i ruled everything thing out that I new of.

Tried all my lenses on another body but the were all good there with sharp results.
To bad it happened wile in the Loop and I didn't had my mark II with me.
Next time I will haul the spare with me...

I did take some photo's with it they are on the previous page some were from when it still preformed good the others were taken with the Live view function that worked ok but not on fast Jets.


What about your focusing screen? I once had a focus screen come adrift. Same effect; looked out of focus but the pictures came out sharp.

Rob



ELinder
Registered: Feb 14, 2010
Total Posts: 993
Country: United States

Jim, well that's a real bummer. That makes it 0 for 2 for me trying to get a flight. Hopefully there will be a "third time's the charm" opportunity. At least it looks like we'll have plenty of blue sky and lots of other planes to point our cameras at.

Erich



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 4076
Country: Netherlands

Rob can't see some things loose everything looks in order to me but I'm no Technician we will see what's wrong with it in the days to come.



MMcGrath
Registered: Apr 15, 2006
Total Posts: 2634
Country: United Kingdom

Jan-Arie wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
J-A what happened to your camera?


Don't know yet Mark It wouldn't produce sharp pictures any more.
Tried everything resetting new firmware etc. but still the same results.
Tried to put it on manual but when I saw a sharp image in the view finder and pushed off a frame the photo was un sharp and blurry.
The thing that surprised me was when I manually tried to focus you could hear the camera make a bleeping sound normally that tells you that he is in focus but that was not what I was seeing but I did fired off one shot and to my amazement the photo was sharp but I couldn't see a sharp photo in the viewfinder? so you tell me if you think what caused that.
Even calibrated the eye piece to my eye so i knew for sure that i ruled everything thing out that I new of.

Tried all my lenses on another body but the were all good there with sharp results.
To bad it happened wile in the Loop and I didn't had my mark II with me.
Next time I will haul the spare with me...

I did take some photo's with it they are on the previous page some were from when it still preformed good the others were taken with the Live view function that worked ok but not on fast Jets.

Edit for tops 300 mm with live view


Strange.



1       2       3              3926      
3927
       3928              4873       4874       end