Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3924

1       2       3              3924      
       3926              4346       4347       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

We had all that forecast Jo, but only a few brief showers have drifted through so far.

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1726

After my memory cards were stolen in Athens we still had one more day of holiday and I used it to visit the Greek Naval Museum in Piraeus, where they have the reconstruction of an Athenian trireme, a WW2 ex-US Fletcher Class destroyer, and the Great War armoured cruiser (they call it a battlecruiser, but it isn't) George Averoff.
However, there were a couple of other interesting boats visible from the Averoff, and, knowing this group's interest in expensive real estate, I thought you would like to see them.
First is the M/Y Radiant:
The 110 meter “M/Y Radiant” Super Yacht, probably owned by the Al Futtaim family from the United Arab Emirates.
The yacht was originally ordered by Russian Oligarch Boris Berezovsky, who sold the build contract for £ 217.000.000.Before it was finished via Edmiston in 2008, that happened before delivery of the yacht in 2009 from the German ship yard Luerssen.
The sale went to court as Boris Berezovsky refused to pay Edmiston´s agents fee. In court it was revealed that the 110m motor yacht Darius, which was designed by Tim Heywood, was sold for over Euro 240 million, making it the most expensive brokerage sale ever.
Speculation about the ownership of the Cayman island registered yacht in the name of ”Alf Marine International Ltd” are still going on as Abdullah Al Futtaim , could have sold it to the Al-Thani family, who are building a new marina in Marbella.The more the yacht will be in the Malaga-Marbella area, the more likely it is that the Al-Thani family, indeed are the 3rd owner.
Second is the M/Y Al Salamah:
Al Salamah is a motor yacht which was the property of the late Saudi Arabian crown prince, Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz. At the time of its construction, it was the third largest motor yacht in the world. In 2009 it was 5th largest in the world but had moved to number 7 in 2011. It is estimated to be worth upwards of $200 million USD. Among the ship's amenities are a cinema, a library, a business center, a fully equipped onboard hospital, two full-time beauticians, a gymnasium, and a spa.

JWilsonphoto

Wow Niall! Makes those yachts in the slips look like dingys:} Sorry to hear about your memory cards.

JWilsonphoto

I was thinking the other day that I should mention the big concert event that I was asked to be head of imaging for. As you might have guessed, it isn't going to happen this fall. The vision was so large that there was no way to organize and execute it properly in the six months that the honchos had allotted. I told them to get back to me when all the ducks were lined up and I'd be happy to look at the plan. Truthfully, with all I have on my plate this fall and early next year, I don't know where the time and energy would have come from.

At the moment, Halle and I are tidying up HQ for a handful of honored guests

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3433

It's our last night in Tuscany; I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tomorrow night, then it's do a little laundry, repack the bags and head to KTKI. It remains to be seen whether I have a usable airplane; my mechanic has not answered my email asking if he succeeded in troubleshooting the Remos's electrical problems. If not, I have a ticket on United. Either way, I'll be at HQ late Wednesday afternoon. See y'all soon...

JWilsonphoto

Safe trip home Zim. This will make your new delivery all the more enjoyable.

JWilsonphoto

Safe trip home Zim. This will make your new delivery all the more enjoyable.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2650

Tigercat.

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Love the tonality in that last one, Tim.

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 546

Scott Yoak's P-51D Mustang "Quick Silver" at the 2013 Wings Over North Georgia Airshow

JWilsonphoto

Outstanding Chris!

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1907

gerov wrote:
Love the tonality in that last one, Tim.

+1

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4547

A last second question regarding Alliance...

Anyone else doing the morning photo walks? Did you by any chance get a separate parking pass in addition to the ticket that needed printing?

Just opened what I got from EventBrite and there was only a ticket for each day... I seem to recall that in previous years, there was a separate pass...

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3617

No Jay the ticket to the photo pass is also your parking pass have a great time

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4547

Thanks J-A!

Jan-Arie

From when the camera still worked.

Sea Hurricane Old Warden
Mind you from the second Hurricane all photo's were made using the Live view function.

Spartan Executive

We came past this BK 117 bringing slings up into the mountains in Snowdonia National park

Jan-Arie

Hawk T2 ready for Take off RAF Valley

ELinder
Total Posts: 511

FlyingPhotog wrote:
A last second question regarding Alliance...

Anyone else doing the morning photo walks? Did you by any chance get a separate parking pass in addition to the ticket that needed printing?

Just opened what I got from EventBrite and there was only a ticket for each day... I seem to recall that in previous years, there was a separate pass...

I bought the photo tour/pit tickets for both days. I printed mine out directly and don't have a separate parking pass either. Starting to get excited about this!

Erich

Chainshot
Total Posts: 215

Aviationbuff wrote:
Scott Yoak's P-51D Mustang "Quick Silver" at the 2013 Wings Over North Georgia Airshow

How was the show? I'm only about 10 miles from Rome. I remember going to it back in the '80s and one time they had five Mustangs! They didn't even rope them off back then. You walked right up to them. I was using my camcorder and a memorable moment was when all were taxied right by us. I do literally mean no security, no ropes, etc...it was a bit dangerous with so many...not too bright...public too close to them.

Jan-Arie

de Havilland DH.88 Comet
Sea Hurricane
Dutch Airforce C130

1       2       3              3924      
       3926              4346       4347       end