1       2       3              3918      
       3920              4376       4377       end

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4567

<Happy Dance>

Since we're doing CAF...

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1924

I'm the proud owner of a Hasselblad 500CM Chrome Late with Waist Level, Acute-Matte w/Grid & Split, Rapid Wind Crank, etc. Two A12 Chrome Backs with Mask, Lindahll Dark Slide Holders. One Planar CF 2.8/80 mm lens. All are in 'Excellent Plus' condition. All were sent to Hassleblad Certified Service Center for thorough CLA and return to factory specs. Just something I always to with used gear.

I've got a several roles of TMax 100 and Tri-X 400 in the fridge and ready for testing.

Any suggestions for additional lenses (something wide and something long)'and accessories would be sincerely appreciated (Jim?).

Looks like I'll be shooting film again soon. I must admit to being excited to explore this new facet of my photography. Definitely not an outfit for dynamite aviation shooting, but it works wonders on a tripod. Just the type of slow paced and thoughtful photography and old may like myself will enjoy. I love the 6x6

FlyingPhotog

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2660

FlyingPhotog wrote:
<Happy Dance>

Since we're doing CAF...

That looks like an Anet crop, plane is not level though, I'm going to have to reject you.

FlyingPhotog

Tim Adams wrote

That looks like an Anet crop, plane is not level though, I'm going to have to reject you.

Gee, thanks Tim...

<reaches for baseball bat>

Slug69
Total Posts: 1087

Australia just celebrated an International Fleet Review which was held to commemorate the centenary of the first entry of the Royal Australian Navy's Fleet into Sydney. On 4 October 1913.

17 Countries sent modern warships. There were a dozen or so tall ships.

I drove down early Saturday morning in hope of seeing a whole pack of tallships at anchor but Sydney Harbour is very deceptive. It can indeed hold "A thousand ship o' the line"; easily.

Saturday night there was a spectacular light show and fireworks detailing the history of the Australian Navy. Projections were shown on the Opera House and a couple of the ships that participated and was very well done.

In the afternoon I brought the family with me and stood shoulder to shoulder with 15000 other people on Mrs Macquarie's chair - a natural tongue of parkland that juts out into the harbour opposite of Garden Island Naval base.

This pic sums up the action.

D71_2637 by Slug69, on Flickr

futurshox
Total Posts: 2439

ELinder wrote:
While on vacation last month I took the train up Mount Pilatus in Switzerland.

Oh, so that's where they get their name from!
Learn something every day....

futurshox
Total Posts: 2439

Here's a couple from the AMLS/FIAWEC racing at COTA a couple of weeks ago. I'll put a blog post up soon but here's a taster.

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Jeff W. wrote:
I'm the proud owner of a Hasselblad 500CM Chrome Late with Waist Level, Acute-Matte w/Grid & Split, Rapid Wind Crank, etc. Two A12 Chrome Backs with Mask, Lindahll Dark Slide Holders. One Planar CF 2.8/80 mm lens. All are in 'Excellent Plus' condition. All were sent to Hassleblad Certified Service Center for thorough CLA and return to factory specs. Just something I always to with used gear.

I've got a several roles of TMax 100 and Tri-X 400 in the fridge and ready for testing.

Any suggestions for additional lenses (something wide and something long)'and accessories would be sincerely appreciated (Jim?).

Looks like I'll be shooting film again soon. I must admit to being excited to explore this new facet of my photography. Definitely not an outfit for dynamite aviation shooting, but it works wonders on a tripod. Just the type of slow paced and thoughtful photography and old may like myself will enjoy. I love the 6x6

Jeff
that is fabulous, and congratulations. I'll second Jay and all his LGMs. I'm sure Jan-Arie will be along shortly with a horde of little yellow-fellows

I'll let Jim chime in on the lenses, but now would be a good moment to think about what you're going to do with the film once it's been exposed. I've shot both films, as well as Ilford Pan-F 50 and enjoyed the process of developing the film myself. This is where the fun begins. You can either invest in a quality scanner capable of handling medium format negatives, or you may want to just find a good lab that will give you high quality scans. Developing the film at home will allow you to identify which images you want to scan before taking them in.

And while you're at it, if you can track down a few rolls of Velvia, I can't say enough about how much I like the results from this film. Yes, it's a slide film, but the results are spectacular. Now that fall is settling in, I'm going to load up my 60 year old Rolleiflex TLR and capture the colors.

now have some fun, and don't make us wait too long to see the results.

Gero

ELinder
Total Posts: 557

futurshox wrote:
ELinder wrote:
While on vacation last month I took the train up Mount Pilatus in Switzerland.

Oh, so that's where they get their name from!
Learn something every day....

Hehe, while riding the gear tooth train up I saw an airport below us, and suddenly had a "Doh!" moment as I made the same connection.

Erich

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3667

Jim do i lose my firmware when i preform a hard reset on my body like to know before i execute...
Want to remove all battery's

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16329

I'll use my authorship authority here at MA2A to issue a "Save" to Jay and his 17 image. ANet must be scrutinized by the same pocket protector geeks that Getty has hiding in the back corner of some room. My rejections generally have the word "artifacting", whatever the heck that is, included in the blistering. I love it when they tell me that they don't think the image will reproduce well, especially when I have a 30 x 40" example on my wall. Oh well, I've ceased to get twisted up about it, and have chosen to focus on the thousands of dollars they send me on a regular basis.

I can hardly wait until I am shooting stock and using the PC12 to get to the location. Can you say "tax deduction"?

JWilsonphoto

Congratulations Jeff! You'll love your Blad. Don't sell it short, in the right hands it's a great air to air tool. I'm on a shoot, but when I get home tonight I'll post some dynamic air to airs that my 500 C/M's captured. Not easy, it's big and clunky, but a Velvia 50 transparency from a Blad is a thing of beauty!

I'll be back to you with lens suggestions. For now, and well into 2014, because I just picked up 30 more across the US!, this is the target..........

JWilsonphoto

Just had a new client in Jacksonville Florida tell me I better plan on having a home there because they have so much for me to shoot up and down the coast. Sure wish this had been going on from 2008 until now! Sure wish I was 20!

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Just had a new client in Jacksonville Florida tell me I better plan on having a home there because they have so much for me to shoot up and down the coast. Sure wish this had been going on from 2008 until now! Sure wish I was 20!

Happy for you Jim, yet insanely jealous of this. That part of Florida is what I consider a home away from home any time I can get over there.

JWilsonphoto

It's a nice part of Florida. I don't see that as my second home spot, unless they would like to build me one I'll be perfectly happy to stay at the Marriott Sawgrass at Ponte Vedra They have work for me south to The Keys and North to Sea Island so a home in one spot wouldn't make any sense, but dusting off my diving gear might. Perfect missions for a Pilatus too!

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2886

Jeff W. wrote:

Jeff,

Is it hard to find good used lenses? I don't know anything about Blads, but when I was in Hunt Photo here in Melrose, MA last week, they had a kit in their used case. At least one body, some film backs, and a few lenses.

If you want me to check it out in more detail for you, let me know.

Mark

JWilsonphoto

Best sources are B&H, Adorama, an Asian guy in Columbus Ohio and KEH in Atlanta.

JWilsonphoto

Waiting for the light to change so I have a few minutes to talk Blad lenses. The 150 and 250 were great favorites of mine, as was the 40 (one of those lenses you just buy to stare at), the 50 was a good one as well. Never got a 500, just too unwieldy. Shot with a 350 a little, but again, lots of mass.

JWilsonphoto

Spent three hours gelling windows, tweaking lights, adding/subtracting, I think I'm there on this image......

1       2       3              3918      
       3920              4376       4377       end