Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3916

1       2       3              3916      
       3918              4530       4531       end

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

Did somebody mention mountains? This is the Absaroka Wilderness in southern Montana, between Livingston and Red Lodge.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19254

Beautiful Zim, but I'd want four engines, FL410, and a half dozen "Find Me Spots" over that stuff

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2012

Viggen by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Cats at Play by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

PDumm
Total Posts: 204

Nice one Zim.

J Mosher
Total Posts: 176

I don't have any current aviation images to share but the images I do have, are aviation related.

I came upon a few taxiway lights that were in various stages of disrepair. I figured with a little TLC I could re-purpose them into household lamps. So I stripped them of all the wiring and light housings. I took them all apart and started the process of refinishing them. I sanded and repainted the head assembly, coupling and column and I threw the blue lens in the dishwasher. Made a mold and poured a cement base heavy enough to hold the light. Wired up a new light with lamp cord and a ceramic socket. Added an on/off switch into the head assembly (black round knob) and had myself an aviation themed office lamp.

It's not practical for anything other than to look at but I can't stop turning it off and on just to see the blur light, !

I just thought I would share.

Jeremy

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Cool Lamp!

Chandler, AZ's own Jon Melby keeping it rock steady...

FlyingPhotog

Melby Y Mathieson .. Mono Y Mono

FlyingPhotog

FlyingPhotog

Terrain Follower
Julie Clark's Night Show At Madras

futurshox
Total Posts: 2775

That lamp looks awesome!

stevezzzz

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Melby Y Mathieson .. Mono Y Mono

Oh, ha!

(The photo is pretty good, too)

stevezzzz

J Mosher wrote:
I don't have any current aviation images to share but the images I do have, are aviation related.

I came upon a few taxiway lights that were in various stages of disrepair. I figured with a little TLC I could re-purpose them into household lamps. So I stripped them of all the wiring and light housings. I took them all apart and started the process of refinishing them. I sanded and repainted the head assembly, coupling and column and I threw the blue lens in the dishwasher. Made a mold and poured a cement base heavy enough to hold the light. Wired up a new light with lamp cord and a ceramic socket. Added an on/off switch into the head assembly (black round knob) and had myself an aviation themed office lamp.

It's not practical for anything other than to look at but I can't stop turning it off and on just to see the blur light, !

I just thought I would share.

Jeremy

I want one!

ELinder
Total Posts: 1070

After this display there was a short pause in the show when the fire truck sent out to douse the burning grass slid off the embankment and got stuck. Oops.

Erich

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4118

- Blue Light Special, ? -

ELinder

Much as I love seeing the whole aircraft, for me there's definitely something captivating about being able to see the pilot at work. Some of Jay and Steve's recent works with eye contact are great examples of that. It just draws me into the moment. Not sure which crop I like better.

Erich

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

Erich, I prefer the close in crop which makes the pilot the center of attention.

ELinder

I think I do too. Of course, there's also pushing the idea a bit too far, which I have a tendency to do. Then i think it loses too much context.

Erich

stevezzzz

ELinder wrote:
After this display there was a short pause in the show when the fire truck sent out to douse the burning grass slid off the embankment and got stuck. Oops.

Erich

That's mighty awesome, Erich!

stevezzzz

Jim, if that last landscape was a little too gnarly for you, how about this little slice of heaven on the outskirts of Bozeman, Montana? I could make do with that little cabin in the woods at bottom right...

stevezzzz

At the same time, out the left side of the airplane, I had this view of the Bridger Mountains shining in the early morning sun.

1       2       3              3916      
       3918              4530       4531       end