3918              4320       4321       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16136

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1539

really like that one Jim. It'd fit in nice on the Hangar walls

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1875

FIFI never looked so good - well done Jim.

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Boys!

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7719

No video, but the aftermath of the 1999 Ford Crown Vic we used to own:

http://nightowldesigns.zenfolio.com/f35140610

It was parked in a parking garage downtown, engine off, and self immolated. Ford's cruise control switch is hot, even when the engine is shut off. Cruise control switch is on the master brake cylinder, and should the cylinder develop a leak, it can wick up the switch.... The parking garage had been written up before for blocking the standpipes inside the garage, and this time, it caused more extensive damage to the other cars because the fire department had to run hoses from the street up to the third floor where the car was parked by their valets. The other thing is that when they park the cars, they roll down the windows and leave the keys in the ignition, furthering the smoke damage done to all the other vehicles.

stevez wrote:
You've all probably seen the viral video of a Tesla Model S on fire. My take, after reading everything I can find about the accident that led to the fire, is that I'd still much prefer to be sitting on a Tesla battery pack than 20 gallons of gasoline when the s__t hits the fan.

Here's Tesla's official response:

http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/model-s-fire

Go4Long

stevez wrote:
You've all probably seen the viral video of a Tesla Model S on fire. My take, after reading everything I can find about the accident that led to the fire, is that I'd still much prefer to be sitting on a Tesla battery pack than 20 gallons of gasoline when the s__t hits the fan.

Here's Tesla's official response:

http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/model-s-fire

I find it funny that people are making such a big deal about this, but when the Ferrari 458 came out there were several cases of them spontaneously combusting and it was viewed as a minor incident. It's not like the tesla is a Ford pinto after all...

JWilsonphoto

The "S" is a beautiful vehicle, from a forward thinking and an aesthetic perspective. Seems that, for general consumption, both the OMB and the largest car manufacturer think it's an idea not quite ready for prime time, even with the billions of taxpayer subsidies we've thrown at it ....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2012/10/30/cbo-finds-electric-cars-not-smart-toyota-pulls-plug-on-its-iq/

However, that's how most "ahead of their time" ideas begin I guess.

JWilsonphoto

I'd have to agree Steven, if my Ferrari self combusted, I'd consider it a really big deal!

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2637

Rebel sunrise.

JWilsonphoto

They are gorgeous from all angles aren't they Tim...............

Tim Adams

Can shots.

Tim Adams

A real rarity in Reno this year. It rained Thurs-Sat in the afternoon. This is from Thursday,

Tim Adams

And finally, I don't think Jr ever takes a bad photo.

A penny for your thoughts.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3567

Hey gang a question Marcel and me are in the UK on our way to the Loop.
Yesterday we were at Old Warden in the morning i was taking photo's with the 24-105 and everything was ok when the flying started i switched to the 300 and the 100-400 but then the camera wouldent focus anymore and make sharp pictures it looks like the aperture is stuck looks like the lens stay's wide open tested the lenses on Marcel's kit but there everything was ok so we think the problem is in the body.
When we put the camera in manual mode and manualy try to make a sharp photo the view you see is sharp but when you take a photo the picture is all blown out and blurry can't show a sample because i only have my ipad with me.
But when i switch on live view for taking photo's it produces a sharp image i tried to take some this way with succes but that was with pre world war one planes.
Tried to switch off camera battery's etc but no joy put the camera back in factory settings no good either.
So if someone got an idee let me now will be in the hotel in the evening were we have internet..

Go4Long

With the Nikons you can get intermittent contact between the lens and body that will cause similar symptoms. Aperture and focus will work intermittently.

You tend to hold the camera differently while in Live View mode (or at least I do) which would change how the contacts line up.

A little bit of rubbing alcohol or a similar solution has been known to improve it slightly.

Slug69
Total Posts: 1081

Great photos of Reno guys. Inspirational stuf.

I wish this pic below was a police chopper - I would have got a full disc.

D71_2077 by Slug69, on Flickr

gmthomp
Total Posts: 46

FIFI at McKinney,TX Air Show

gmthomp

B17 at recent McKinney Air Show

gmthomp

More from McKinney Air Show

Bsmooth
Total Posts: 940