Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3912

1       2       3              3912      
       3914              4249       4250       end

ELinder
Total Posts: 402

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Anyone wanting to stay at The Courtyard, please call them with your reservation, tomorrow is the cut-off because they are over capacity for our dates. They are going out of their way to help us out.

Thanks!

Dang, been up to my eyeballs in various stuff. Please remind me of the particulars where I need to call. I'll take care of it tonight.

Erich

Edit for TOPP: An image from last weekend, my first event where I was the sole official event photographer.

MustangsX2
Total Posts: 109

cbrandt wrote:
This P51-D I didn't see coming did a low level high speed down the runway .. from the tail number and what I think is part of the N number .. plus the fact that it is just a wheels up and * she's * here home base, I'm thinking this TAIL NUMBER 473420 is NL7722C registered to the Pamela Marie LLC in Arlington, Va

That one is owned by Andrew McKenna, bought from Jack Croul this year. It's a beauty. The late Jeff Harris at the stick.
44-73420

Jonathan_M
Total Posts: 157

Some bits from an airshow in Courtland, AL.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 15921

Did you all catch the story about the WWII Vets who came to DC today to see their memorial? Apparently they arrived to find it barricaded, along with signs explaining that the government shut down closed the memorials. Seems that the boys who took Normandy, at 80, still had the hutzpah to remove the impediments and enjoy their memorial. God Bless 'em!!

Razor17
Total Posts: 299

The words "Go Ahead, Make My Day" come to mind when I see that story...

Lynn

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2061

Jonathan, was the Courtland show the one where the Corsair hit the paint bucket when he landed? If so, I was there. Too bad that Courtland quit having the enormous shows that they had in the 90's. At least they are trying to do something again, although I don't think they are having a show this year.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2574

Thirty seconds of my time with Man O' War.

Jonathan_M
Total Posts: 157

Colin Giersberg wrote:
Jonathan, was the Courtland show the one where the Corsair hit the paint bucket when he landed? If so, I was there. Too bad that Courtland quit having the enormous shows that they had in the 90's. At least they are trying to do something again, although I don't think they are having a show this year.

Colin, it sure was. I actually have a HILARIOUS photo of the pilot screaming at the ground crew immediately after he got out of the cockpit. They were able to get it cleaned up but it wasn't easy.

msalvetti
Total Posts: 2813

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Any Flickr Users here?

I ran across a website called www.gosportwallpaper.com that is piggy backing on Flickr's search engine and it's offering thousands of images as free downloads.

Just an FYI...

Wow. I'm sure there is nothing to worry about.

Disclaimer : All contents are copyrighted and owned by their respected owners. GoSportWallpaper is file search engine and does not host any files, No media files are indexed hosted cached or stored on our server, They are located on third party sites that are not obligated in anyway with our site, GoSportWallpaper is not responsible for third party website content, we just show public images from Flickr search engine. It is illegal for you to distribute copyrighted files without permission. The media files you download with GoSportWallpaper must be for time shifting, personal, private, non commercial use only and remove the files after listening.

MustangsX2
Total Posts: 109

Awesome shot Tim.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4370

The mind-bending thing about the WWII Memorial story: It's open to the public 24/7/365. It's open and accessible at night even without Park Service staff on site.

It cost far more money to put up the barricades and signs than it costs to normally "operate" the site.

There's government logic at work for ya...

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3198

My aircraft shopping isn't in the same league as yours, Jim, but I spent a day at the Pipistrel factory in Ajdovscina, Slovenia this week and pulled the trigger on a new Virus SWiS. Quite a success story, Pipistrel: before they came along there was virtually no private aviation in Slovenia and now they ship 12 aircraft a month from a hyper-modern facility on the prettiest grass airstrip you can imagine. I'll register my Virus as an Experimental Glider (there is method to this madness, I assure you) rather than LSA so I can take advantage of the constant-speed prop option and get the 150 knot cruise speed that the airframe is capable of. I flew the LSA version last month in Colorado, and even with the fixed prop and limited throttle movement it was doing over 120 knots TAS. I'm getting mine with an extra-large photo window in the left side door, too.

http://www.pipistrel-usa.com/models/virus-sw.html

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

stevez wrote:
My aircraft shopping isn't in the same league as yours, Jim, but I spent a day at the Pipistrel factory in Ajdovscina, Slovenia this week and pulled the trigger on a new Virus SWiS. Quite a success story, Pipistrel: before they came along there was virtually no private aviation in Slovenia and now they ship 12 aircraft a month from a hyper-modern facility on the prettiest grass airstrip you can imagine. I'll register my Virus as an Experimental Glider (there is method to this madness, I assure you) rather than LSA so I can take advantage of the constant-speed prop option and get the 150 knot cruise speed that the airframe is capable of. I flew the LSA version last month in Colorado, and even with the fixed prop and limited throttle movement it was doing over 120 knots TAS. I'm getting mine with an extra-large photo window in the left side door, too.

Steve,
Forgive my ignorance but that looks similar to your exisitng plane ....

Al

JWilsonphoto

Congratulations Zim! That airframe certainly shows sailplane heritage. When will they ship yours? That's a very respectable cruise speed. Your cross country jaunts will be much more enjoyable.

JWilsonphoto

Thirty seconds Tim!? Guess that's all you needed, because that is one gorgeous image.

JWilsonphoto

I'm about a block from the Bell factory doing a shoot for a developer. There are new Bell products buzzing in and out of AFW as we speak. Do you suppose I'd get to be Bell's photographer if we spent 8M at the company store? Do you spouse I'd even care at that point?

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3198

Angry wrote:
stevez wrote:

Steve,
Forgive my ignorance but that looks similar to your exisitng plane ....

Al

Very similar Al, except the Remos goes 100 knots on 4.6 gph and the Pipistrel goes 150 knots on 3.3 gph. It also has a fuel injected engine, a strutless wing, feathering propeller, full span flaperons and dive brakes. I was blown away by the roll rate: 45-to-45 in 1.6 seconds; all the extra aileron authority will come in handy in crosswind situations.

So in about three months when mine is delivered (the factory is backlogged through April, but I was able to jump on a vacated delivery position) I will have a well-maintained Remos for sale.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2358

Sweet!

So what's the weight carrying capacity of one of those? Could two big people (a) fit in it an (b) actually go anywhere?

tom cardin
Total Posts: 1991

Beautiful image of Man-O-War. Elmer Ward, used to bring Her to The LTA (Lighter Than Air) station, in Tustin Ca. Always fun to talk to Elmer, always put all the kids in the plane, just so they could say they had sat in a real War bird.

TOM

futurshox
Total Posts: 2358

I just got some spam in my mailbox. Looks like they're moving upmarket these days.... unless Jim has a position in Ghana he hasn't told us about?

I am looking to purchase private/executive aircraft for private use and commercial jet airliners for commercial purposes.

All the aircraft must be in good commercial shape (i.e., ready to make money),and must be ready for immediate use after purchase. I can only make this transaction with you in a very secret and confidential manner due to my position as a former regional minister and member of parliament, MP here in my country, Republic Of Ghana; And for this reason of confidentiality, I have engaged the services of a trusted broker to act for me and report to me of every stage of the transaction because my name must not appear or be mentioned in this transaction at all...... etc.....

1       2       3              3912      
       3914              4249       4250       end