Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3910

1       2       3              3910      
       3912              4307       4308       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16104

Call me tomorrow morning Glenn. I have a supplier that does beautiful canvas prints. The last one I did was 35' wide.

Highest A2A so far........11,500'

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1523

I can print on Canvas up to 44" X whatever you want...but shipping might be a little pricey :P

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1675

On Saturday I went to a reconstructed Great War Trench near Gatwick with re-enactors
Niall

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4502

Glenn Watson wrote:
Can anybody recommend a lab to print large, high resolution fabric prints? Like those used in tradeshow booths / banners..etc.

example - like these booth backdrops is what i'm talking about:

Glenn

Pretty sure most of the major labs can do display banners Glenn but you may have to get on the blower and talk to a customer service rep as it may not be something they do in "volume" so they may not make it readily apparent.

JWilsonphoto

We have this plan that we're working on to shoot a bunch of our national parks from the air, using our new Eurocopter. Now would be a perfect time to do it because the parks are going to be pristine when the government shuts down today. The only access would be from the air, and we wouldn't be disturbing anyone. Problem is, the Eurocopter isn't going to be ready in time for this unforeseen opportunity! Ugh!

JWilsonphoto

More material for my going pro book. I got an email from a potential client a few hours ago. They asked for a quote on a commercial property assignment, "about 50 shots, begin at 6 am and be complete by 8 am. Interiors, exterior dawn perspectives, and architectural details". "What!?"

I don't ever see myself hanging up the cameras entirely, commercially speaking, but these are the scenarios that I am not going to miss much. I responded with a rational plan that would entail 4 hours from pre-dawn to mid morning, and four hours beginning at 6 pm ending around 10. A long day for sure, and a quote that befits the effort.

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2090

I don't know if this has been posted here, so here it is.

What Delta Airlines does?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/c_VGxfmDmEo

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Jim,
you're going to need your own airport. Which Eurocopter are you looking at - the Dauphin or 135?

Having been to a number of the parks, I would love to see them from an aerial perspective. I remember hiking three weeks up the John Muir trail in 1994, culminating in Yosemite Valley, then flying over Yosemite on the way back east. Looked quite different from 30k feet...

Gero

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2618

http://vimeo.com/75721498

Voodoo from over Steve's shoulder. I asked, where is the manifold pressure gauge? The answer, behind Steve's head. The top teams never seem to want anybody to know what MP they are running. They did admit however that he was at 132" coming down the chute!!

JWilsonphoto

Hi Gero,

The EC155. We'll most likely get an R44 to get our ratings, possibly an R66 so we can build turbine time. We have a couple of close friends who are high time rotor guys and instructors, obviously they will be flying us for quite some time into the future, if not always in the bigger ship.

If I get all the ratings I'm aiming for, my ticket will look like a fold out brochure. Like Gunny's, the aviation equivalent of "War and Peace"

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

That's excellent, Jim. Sounds like things are shaping up very nicely. The EC155 is a Dauphin and what our state police use in Maryland. I've always really liked them, especially the sound the turbine and rotors make as it is approaching.

I may find myself knocking on your hangar door for a ride, since I haven't managed to get picked up by the troopers yet

JWilsonphoto

I'd love to see you Gero! Going to be a lot of flying going on around here!

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Best hurry Gerov .......

The Dauphins are history ..... MD has been using them for 20 years - parts are getting difficult to find among other reasons ....... A ride in the State chopper is free .. a ride commercially out of Easton for example, depending on who you choose is $5000 to $20,000 for the same ride ........ so if your conscious - you have family that know this ...... it's a good time to shop !!!

When I was associated with the local big house, infants were generally taken out by State ...

MD has already replaced two of the units - they are using them to become proficient in Easton a lot with land ambulances, pilot training ........ They are also much wider and like 10 feet or so longer ..... I didn't pay enough attention.

They were saying at the EASTONAIRPORTDAY.COM that the avionics in these were some of the best .. identifiable person - vehicle picture taking at thousands of feet, pilot said one push of a button and the craft would hover within one ( 1 ) foot of where they were !! I thought it strange that PROPAQ ZOLL was the monitor of choice though ... Always thought it was Medtronics / Physio Control. I am NOT a Zoll fan and was a big gog in the wheel in removing them from the local big house.

I went back to my pics of a couple of weeks ago and TROOPER 8 shown in this training session is a new TROOPER also ..

and this is the airport demo TROOPER 7 leaving ...... camera doesn't have dust bunnies .. that is the debris on liftoff ......

tom cardin
Total Posts: 1991

New respect, for you, Jim...Whirlybirds

Tom.

cbrandt

Easton Airport Day 2013 Mr. Blair emptied his Spitfire hanger ..

Front Line

The old timers say this isn't the plane to be in when ditching in the water .. when the scoop beneath the plane catches the water the plane buckles.

He didn't bring out any of his cars though .. articles have mentioned a German motorcycle w/ sidecar which may of been the last display we saw in St. Michaels, the Bentley which I've photographed in the garage doorway, and a magazine that showed up yesterday has a number of pages on the Easton Airport and some photos of Mr. Blair's Spitfire hanger which includes an aerial photo of the inside of the hanger with the 1954 Mercedes Cabriolet that once belonged to Errol Flynn. The magazine is http://www.whatsupmag.com The October issue I'm looking at isn't online yet.

The F104 that he donated to the airport was used for a Tug of War

Jonathan_M
Total Posts: 157

A little YAK action in Memphis, TN from last Saturday - 9/28/2013

C41C6513 by The J-Mo, on Flickr

And some wing-walking...

C41C6948 by The J-Mo, on Flickr

cbrandt

This P51-D I didn't see coming did a low level high speed down the runway .. from the tail number and what I think is part of the N number .. plus the fact that it is just a wheels up and * she's * here home base, I'm thinking this TAIL NUMBER 473420 is NL7722C registered to the Pamela Marie LLC in Arlington, Va

I'm gonna ask the airport manager first chance I see him ....... but in looking for this tail number to get to what I believe is the plane .... I found these photos on SMUGMUG

http://theronmoon.smugmug.com/Static-Display-and-Flying/North-American/P-51D-473420-Planes-of-Fame/4514126_WCmnBc#!i=263174115&k=8W8q8zJ

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3559

Role Demo Fairford 2012

cbrandt

.. I did it again .......... got my YAKS mixed up with the Nanchang CJ-6s !!!

Thanks Jo !

Nice work Jonathan !! We had YAKs but I don't think I captured them near that close or well !! I'll have to look thru my files as I just grabbed one. LOOK THRU MY FILES AND FIND YAKS !!!!!

JWilsonphoto

Our version...............

1       2       3              3910      
       3912              4307       4308       end