1       2       3              3905      
       3907              4532       4533       end

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Last Rays Of Hope...

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 986

stevez wrote:
I spent a delightful couple of days visiting my son and his fiancι in Seattle, then headed east through Pullman to Bozeman this morning. This is a view of the incredibly rugged terrain northeast of Snoqualmie Pass, around 8:30am this morning.

Thanks Zim ….. I sat down mid morning as I often do.... browsed through the wonderful images here … then I came across this. I have no idea what others may think – but it made me take a sharp intake of breath – it is astonishing and deeply beautiful in equal measure. Oh … and it's called Rhapsody in Blue.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4083

Thanks very much, folks.

Niall, 'Rhapsody in Blue' (great title, Nick) is just east of Seattle: the Bozeman area has quite a different look, with widely spaced mountain ridges and large, open valleys. Big Sky country, indeed.

stevezzzz

Climbing out from rwy 31L at KBFI, with a DHL Heavy 'Lined up and waiting' behind me.

Tower: "28Z, divert left or right from runway heading for DHL Heavy on the roll."

Yes, Sir. Right away, Sir.

stevezzzz

Spotted this open pit mine a few miles short of the Gallatin valley on the descent into KBZN yesterday. For those of you who can't do the stereo-pair thing, I will tell you that they have excavated themselves an inverted mountain peak from the top of the peak that was already there. Sort of a vertical mirror image of the peak, if you follow me.

nickjohnson

Now that sure is some haul road ! Any idea what they are mining?

nickjohnson

Can't compete with the current offerings around here, so I'll just have to fall back on my picture postcard stuff. Sand beach, check – Castle ruin, check – horizontal light with long shadows, check.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19267

Good Morning Everyone,

Back on deck after yesterday's marathon 22 hour day, day two in what is a super marathon two week period. We wrapped up the 330 shoot at 3 am, which would have been grueling enough, but it was the second shoot of the day. The first one began just before dawn north of HQ about ten miles.

Back to more mundane subjects for the next three weeks. Wealth is a peculiar and extremely relative thing. I spent 12 hours in an aircraft containing a million dollars in carpet, and more $50,000 captain's chairs than one can count. You focus on the demanding task at hand, but every once in a while you can't help but be amazed.

Speaking of being amazed, this thread continues to do that on a regular basis.

Welcome back Boydo! Yes Father, watch over all of your children great and small, this world is a very scary place if one is not hand in hand with You. The older I get the more I understand why children, and "being as little children" held/holds such importance to Christ. Their innocence, vulnerability, and unquestioning faith, qualities that would endear anyone.

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2264

Steve, if I am not mistaken, that looks like the mine where they had a landslide of massive proportions.

http://www.universityherald.com/articles/6645/20140107/bingham-canyon-mine-landslide-non-volcanic-north-america-kennecott-1983-thistle-slide-university-of-utah.htm

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865578042/Kennecott-confirms-significant-landslide-at-Bingham-Canyon-Mine.html?pg=all

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

I think i cut my eye balls on that shot of Super Dave Jay!

so we're bringing 'em in close today??

Hey did you, (or anybody) happen to see those photos maybe last year of Superdave where he was flying without the canopy and "tossing" skydivers out of the front seat by doing hard pushovers?

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Props are for boats..

Glenn

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19267

Glenn Watson wrote:
Props are for boats..

Glenn

Ok, now that you guys have bumped around at the pinnacle of what we do, let's begin working on the details.......today's lesson will be matching flight garb. Yaz gotta have matching flight suits/helmets ifin' ya want to look the part

Glenn Watson

you mean like this?

Glenn

dtw757
Total Posts: 129

nickjohnson wrote:
Now that sure is some haul road ! Any idea what they are mining?

It's an open pit Copper mine....I believe, it's the worlds largest/deepest open pit Copper mine. At least that's what was on the sign when I was driving by a few years ago.

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 313

Glen,

That's not fair! I snorted so hard to your reply to Jim I have to now excuse my self and clean lunch off my compuker screen.

FANTASTIC SHOT!

Dan

kwbarnes
Total Posts: 286

niktnowy,

Welcome, you have heard of the "world's most interesting man"? You have just entered the world's most interesting photo thread.

Here you will find a group of excellent photographers, and photographers who want to be excellent, who share images, offer encouragement, and advice, who strive to help each other improve their photography skills.

Mustang Air to Air, has become more than a photo thread, it has evolved into a family. Welcome to our home, the door is always open to family members, and friends, both old and new. Kick back by the fire, put your feet up, and stay a while.

FlyingPhotog

Any of you boys seen an aircraft carrier around here...?

FlyingPhotog

Patrolling The PNW

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

sorry guys my like button is broke there is no way i can compete with those last entry's by Mr B and Mr Z It's a real treat that you all share this awesome stuff I really like that one with the frase you boys seen an aircraft carrier around here`..

Glenn Watson

Why stop at matching helmets.....Go big or go home!

DanNehmer wrote:
Glen,

That's not fair! I snorted so hard to your reply to Jim I have to now excuse my self and clean lunch off my compuker screen.

FANTASTIC SHOT!

Dan

1       2       3              3905      
       3907              4532       4533       end