Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3901

1       2       3              3901      
3902
       3903              4242       4243       end

skyhawkpilot
Registered: Mar 10, 2010
Total Posts: 576
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
A tardy congratulations to Andrew for his published images! Fun to see your stuff in print isn't it?


Thanks Jim! Not a large distribution, just within the 200 or so within the company, but I always like seeing my photos in places.

Edited for TOPP

Tel Aviv, Israel skyline back in November 2012.






Moonrise over the Dead Sea.






USM IS
Registered: Apr 12, 2010
Total Posts: 1217
Country: United States

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/23/vietnam-era-fliers-buried-side-by-side-at-arlington/

It never fails to stop irritating me how the gov continues to spit on the Vietnam vets, but it takes REAL Americans to suck it up and do the right thing. You can go over and finally find them, but you can't give them a flyover.......seriously.

I am so proud of the vets, and these eight heroes who did the right thing. Because that is what a hero is, one who steps up and does the right thing, at the right time.

Mike



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 15893
Country: United States

I hear you Mike! Is there an emoticon for me gnawing my tongue off?!



Wrei
Registered: Aug 01, 2008
Total Posts: 2177
Country: United States

Overhead, eight civilian pilots performed a tribute flyover at their own expense after the Air Force said it couldn’t perform a traditional flyover due to sequestration budget cuts.

If someone from the government tells you they can't do something…it's because they don't want to. I worked in the gov't for 20 years and found this to be true. When we were facing fuel shortages that curbed our flying hours in the late '80s and early 90's we were told the same thing. Funny how we were able to schedule a training mission on July 4th, and on the way back to base, the two flights joined into a 4 ship formation over the July 4th celebration. When a retired unit member we all loved passed away, the same happened. They don't have USAF/USN aircraft near Arlington flying training missions? I think we have a bunch of scared brass.



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 3498
Country: Netherlands

USM IS wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/23/vietnam-era-fliers-buried-side-by-side-at-arlington/

It never fails to stop irritating me how the gov continues to spit on the Vietnam vets, but it takes REAL Americans to suck it up and do the right thing. You can go over and finally find them, but you can't give them a flyover.......seriously.

I am so proud of the vets, and these eight heroes who did the right thing. Because that is what a hero is, one who steps up and does the right thing, at the right time.

Mike


As I almost never comment on political topics, I want to now for once, I just viewed the clip,
It's a disgrace people who took the oath to defend foreign and domestic ( by them i mean the desk jockey's ) aren't able to provide something simple because of all that political BS I just can get it they waste money by the bucket loads and are nitpicking about something like this.
It's the same everywhere, when you are in the services you're the best but when your out or missing your not more than a nuisance a number on a chart some were in a file cabinet.

I think it's very generous by the team to provide the overflight.
And I'm happy for the families that they finally can close that chapter in their lives and lay them to rest..

I hope that the times will change soon even over here but doesn't looks promising...

Hope you don't mind me reacting like this, I normally don't do things like this but as a vet of recent conflicts I sometimes almost been ashamed to have served my country.. (rand out)



Jan-Arie
Registered: Dec 24, 2005
Total Posts: 3498
Country: Netherlands

Just an P51 winding down bad for my blood pressure



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 1829
Country: United States

A couple of fairly benign images using nothing but LR's B&W processing tools. In the first image I went for a slightly 'cooler' platinum-like tone (almost neutral) and the second image I pushed more for a 'warmer' palladium-like tone. I even added some digital 'grain' to the first image to give it more of a 'photographic' feel. It was definitely fun and instructive. There is a lot of horsepower for this kind of stuff in LR. C&C always encouraged and welcome.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 15893
Country: United States

No need for apologies Jan Arie, you earned the right to make your feelings known. Well said! Our government just tossed out 10K for "bisexual awareness day", so we must just have money to burn somewhere. How about "I carried 100 lbs of crap around on my back, in 130 degrees, for your damn freedom" awareness day?!

Sheila is off to NY to see Ground Zero, you know, the place where all that "workplace violence" took place a decade or so ago.



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 15893
Country: United States

Incredible tones in the fuselage Jeff!



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 3177
Country: United States

Jan-Arie wrote:
USM IS wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/23/vietnam-era-fliers-buried-side-by-side-at-arlington/

It never fails to stop irritating me how the gov continues to spit on the Vietnam vets, but it takes REAL Americans to suck it up and do the right thing. You can go over and finally find them, but you can't give them a flyover.......seriously.

I am so proud of the vets, and these eight heroes who did the right thing. Because that is what a hero is, one who steps up and does the right thing, at the right time.

Mike


As I almost never comment on political topics, I want to now for once, I just viewed the clip,
It's a disgrace people who took the oath to defend foreign and domestic ( by them i mean the desk jockey's ) aren't able to provide something simple because of all that political BS I just can get it they waste money by the bucket loads and are nitpicking about something like this.
It's the same everywhere, when you are in the services you're the best but when your out or missing your not more than a nuisance a number on a chart some were in a file cabinet.

I think it's very generous by the team to provide the overflight.
And I'm happy for the families that they finally can close that chapter in their lives and lay them to rest..

I hope that the times will change soon even over here but doesn't looks promising...

Hope you don't mind me reacting like this, I normally don't do things like this but as a vet of recent conflicts I sometimes almost been ashamed to have served my country.. (rand out)


I see this as the military brass using negative publicity to influence ordinary citizens to demand a solution to the sequestration mess.



Bill Gass
Registered: Feb 09, 2006
Total Posts: 3836
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Incredible tones in the fuselage Jeff!

Agreed, beautiful shot and processing.



Razor17
Registered: Oct 08, 2012
Total Posts: 297
Country: United States

stevez wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
USM IS wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/23/vietnam-era-fliers-buried-side-by-side-at-arlington/

It never fails to stop irritating me how the gov continues to spit on the Vietnam vets, but it takes REAL Americans to suck it up and do the right thing. You can go over and finally find them, but you can't give them a flyover.......seriously.

I am so proud of the vets, and these eight heroes who did the right thing. Because that is what a hero is, one who steps up and does the right thing, at the right time.

Mike


As I almost never comment on political topics, I want to now for once, I just viewed the clip,
It's a disgrace people who took the oath to defend foreign and domestic ( by them i mean the desk jockey's ) aren't able to provide something simple because of all that political BS I just can get it they waste money by the bucket loads and are nitpicking about something like this.
It's the same everywhere, when you are in the services you're the best but when your out or missing your not more than a nuisance a number on a chart some were in a file cabinet.

I think it's very generous by the team to provide the overflight.
And I'm happy for the families that they finally can close that chapter in their lives and lay them to rest..

I hope that the times will change soon even over here but doesn't looks promising...

Hope you don't mind me reacting like this, I normally don't do things like this but as a vet of recent conflicts I sometimes almost been ashamed to have served my country.. (rand out)


I see this as the military brass using negative publicity to influence ordinary citizens to demand a solution to the sequestration mess.



Agreed, I remember what it was like for them to come home and receive the treatment society dished out to them...

Lynn



PDumm
Registered: Oct 17, 2011
Total Posts: 193
Country: United States

Jeff, I take it is not an SW plane? Will have to play around and see how that works.



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 1829
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Incredible tones in the fuselage Jeff!


Bill Gass wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Incredible tones in the fuselage Jeff!

Agreed, beautiful shot and processing.


PDumm wrote:
Jeff, I take it is not an SW plane? Will have to play around and see how that works.


Thanks Jim, Bill and Paul. @Paul - it is a SWA 373. If I can get this right digitally (both in my Mac and from my Epson), then I'll save a ton of $$$$ and time acquiring chemicals and contact printing equipment

Here is another version with some additional tweaks



futurshox
Registered: Feb 15, 2008
Total Posts: 2356
Country: United States

Blimey. I went to the link expecting to see a brace of Vans RVs or similar and they sent four L-39s, two P-51s and an A-26. That is awesome. (and expensive!)

Jeff, love the SWA jet, I didn't know they could be so shiny :-)



RobMoser
Registered: Sep 04, 2007
Total Posts: 827
Country: United States

Razor17 wrote:
stevez wrote:
Jan-Arie wrote:
USM IS wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/23/vietnam-era-fliers-buried-side-by-side-at-arlington/

It never fails to stop irritating me how the gov continues to spit on the Vietnam vets, but it takes REAL Americans to suck it up and do the right thing. You can go over and finally find them, but you can't give them a flyover.......seriously.

I am so proud of the vets, and these eight heroes who did the right thing. Because that is what a hero is, one who steps up and does the right thing, at the right time.

Mike


As I almost never comment on political topics, I want to now for once, I just viewed the clip,
It's a disgrace people who took the oath to defend foreign and domestic ( by them i mean the desk jockey's ) aren't able to provide something simple because of all that political BS I just can get it they waste money by the bucket loads and are nitpicking about something like this.
It's the same everywhere, when you are in the services you're the best but when your out or missing your not more than a nuisance a number on a chart some were in a file cabinet.

I think it's very generous by the team to provide the overflight.
And I'm happy for the families that they finally can close that chapter in their lives and lay them to rest..

I hope that the times will change soon even over here but doesn't looks promising...

Hope you don't mind me reacting like this, I normally don't do things like this but as a vet of recent conflicts I sometimes almost been ashamed to have served my country.. (rand out)


I see this as the military brass using negative publicity to influence ordinary citizens to demand a solution to the sequestration mess.



Agreed, I remember what it was like for them to come home and receive the treatment society dished out to them...

Lynn


I vividly remember being spit on and called a baby killer

Rob



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 1829
Country: United States

futurshox wrote:
Jeff, love the SWA jet, I didn't know they could be so shiny :-)


Thanks Jo. The SWA had just arrived through one of AZ's regulation monsoon storms (i.e. Mother Nature's wash & wax)



PDumm
Registered: Oct 17, 2011
Total Posts: 193
Country: United States

Jeff, try and print it with Red River Polar Pearl Metallic, I got some last week and falling in love with that paper. Really like how the prints come out and have an metallic look to them. Thinking that this photo will just blow it off the charts.



USM IS
Registered: Apr 12, 2010
Total Posts: 1217
Country: United States

Jan-Arie wrote:
USM IS wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/23/vietnam-era-fliers-buried-side-by-side-at-arlington/

It never fails to stop irritating me how the gov continues to spit on the Vietnam vets, but it takes REAL Americans to suck it up and do the right thing. You can go over and finally find them, but you can't give them a flyover.......seriously.

I am so proud of the vets, and these eight heroes who did the right thing. Because that is what a hero is, one who steps up and does the right thing, at the right time.

Mike


As I almost never comment on political topics, I want to now for once, I just viewed the clip,
It's a disgrace people who took the oath to defend foreign and domestic ( by them i mean the desk jockey's ) aren't able to provide something simple because of all that political BS I just can get it they waste money by the bucket loads and are nitpicking about something like this.
It's the same everywhere, when you are in the services you're the best but when your out or missing your not more than a nuisance a number on a chart some were in a file cabinet.

I think it's very generous by the team to provide the overflight.
And I'm happy for the families that they finally can close that chapter in their lives and lay them to rest..

I hope that the times will change soon even over here but doesn't looks promising...

Hope you don't mind me reacting like this, I normally don't do things like this but as a vet of recent conflicts I sometimes almost been ashamed to have served my country.. (rand out)


Well said sir, want to come over here and run for office? I am wiling to change a law for you

Just think of all the years of hellish grief not having closure, then a letter saying they have been found, then another letter following saying gee, we don't have the money to do a flyover for your brave boy's that made the ultimate sacrifice, even though we are thinking of going to another war and sending over some more young men like yours! What a roller coaster ride of emotion for them.
Thank god there are eight Americans with more common sense than all of Washington combined. I may have to write a check to that organization the eight belong too.

Mike



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4369
Country: United States

PDumm wrote:
Jeff, try and print it with Red River Polar Pearl Metallic, I got some last week and falling in love with that paper. Really like how the prints come out and have an metallic look to them. Thinking that this photo will just blow it off the charts.


+1,000,000...!



1       2       3              3901      
3902
       3903              4242       4243       end