FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Nesting Instinct
Post-Flight EOR at Luke AFB

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4056

cbrandt wrote:

Biplane crashed after propeller fell apart and engine fell out: TSB

http://www.brandonsun.com/breaking-news/Biplane-crashed-after-propeller-fell-apart-TSB-223309751.html?thx=y

Ooh, a Steadman: those are rare.

Hope the pilot and passenger aren't badly hurt.

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4100

We all know Dells tech support suks. Windows 7 is the greatest yet in my opinion, opens and runs anything.
Jay, last image is top shelf !

skyhawkpilot
Total Posts: 576

Bill - Windows 7 is excellent. I have not been able to play much with Windows 8 so I don't really have an opinion on it yet. Disclaimer on the MBP/MBA...I will probably run Boot Camp and put Windows on it. I don't have any Mac software. All Windows.

Jay - The F-16 wavies...freaking awesome! I sort of want to buy it as a print... It also took me a minute to realize there were two F-16s and two nozzles instead of one nozzle and the trailing edge of the wing. :P

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4100

Windows 8 stinks.
Da I see the 2 nozzles now too,

FlyingPhotog

skyhawkpilot wrote:Jay - The F-16 wavies...freaking awesome! I sort of want to buy it as a print... It also took me a minute to realize there were two F-16s and two nozzles instead of one nozzle and the trailing edge of the wing. :P

http://crosswindimages.com/p961397665/e7ff9e1c6

skyhawkpilot
Total Posts: 576

Jay - That image has been bookmarked until I have some rainy day money.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2392

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Nesting Instinct
Post-Flight EOR at Luke AFB

I could go on for a while praising this image Jay. For me, it ranks right up there with your P-38 head-on monochrome. Very well done sir!

FlyingPhotog

Thanks Jeff...

Never ceases to amaze how you can revisit a shoot many months later and see things that you didn't see the first time. Maybe it's a crop, or B&W, or a little cleanup and an alternate processing technique:

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 18828

Windows anything...ugh.....I have been so happy with my Macs over the last ten years that I never want to have to boot up a pc again. Sheila has an old pc laptop thet she will not let me replace with a Mac, I wish it would burst into flame and vanish, then she'd have no choice.

JWilsonphoto

Jay, well what can be said that hasn't been said? You are an amazing talent through and through my friend.

JWilsonphoto

Jay, you are right. How many times have you looked through files when you shot them and thought, "there's nothing much in here..", but when you go back to them after all the sweat and sunscreen has been flushed from your eyes, and you have had a few nights of decent sleep..poof.......the winners appear, even six months later.

JWilsonphoto

A tardy congratulations to Andrew for his published images! Fun to see your stuff in print isn't it?

MustangsX2
Total Posts: 111

Morning after the rain, thunder and lightning at Reno.
This civilian painted P-51 was in hiding for many years, but emerged about 5 yrs ago.

JWilsonphoto

I think I have finally achieved a balance with Getty/iStock. They just sent me a note to congratulate me on the upcoming 4,000th download of my images. I submitted ten images to them for consideration this week and they were approved and incorporated within 12 hours of my submission. I still have to just go to my happy place when I think of five buck stock, but when it translates into tens of thousands of dollars, it becomes more palatable.

Edited TOPP

MustangsX2

The night before about 30 minutes before drenching. Weather moves quick sometimes.

JWilsonphoto

Beautiful Curtis!

MustangsX2

Rare Bear looked good this year and ran a new intake system but had carb issues all week. The crew fought it every day but could not solve it.

MustangsX2

Steven Hinton making it look easy as he rounds Pylon 1 during the Gold Race on his way to his 4th Unlimited Championship. Winning average speed was 482 mph.

Hinton celebrates.

Angry
Total Posts: 1216

Ive just booked a car at Dallas for my arrival on the 16th, if anyone needs a lift let me know.

Al

1       2       3              3894      
       3896              4836       4837       end