Total Posts: 4567

You Put A Spell On Me...

stevet5808
Total Posts: 24

DC-3 at sunset

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

great Reno images guys & Lady Jo.

Loved the Aussie langaroo,...but very kitch...

Lookin forward to catchin up with those who are attednign MA2A & Alliance.

Al

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4567

Ya gotta drive 'em before you can fly 'em...
Fighting Falcon at EOR .. Luke AFB, AZ

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Beautiful photo .. looks like this falcon is gonna need a new nose wheel tire soon.

Razor17
Total Posts: 346

Jim, it looks like we are in luck as next years NWOC ( National Warbird Operator Conference) is going to be here in Dallas, Texas.

http://nwoc.aero/

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16328

That's great Lynn!

JWilsonphoto

Spent the morning at Lance, that place never ceases to amaze me, you can smell the history....well some of that could be dust and mold, but I 'm sure I smelled some history too. BTW, I licked the canopy handle on that fuselage project (VW commercial reference for our out of the US family), they are assembling a list of what's needed parts wise to complete.

JWilsonphoto

I need to find a guy who is gifted in the area of aircraft sheet metal. The kind of artist who can roll compound curves out on an English Wheel with his eyes shut. Anyone come to mind?

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2660

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I need to find a guy who is gifted in the area of aircraft sheet metal. The kind of artist who can roll compound curves out on an English Wheel with his eyes shut. Anyone come to mind?

I'm sure there are guys at Ezell's shop more than competent.

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Tim, we will have several aircraft in Ezell's shop before year end. I need someone for the wing root fairings, gear fairings and a couple of other pieces on my biplane as it goes back together. Nelson and the boys don't fiddle with those "little" kinds of aircraft much. Actually an alternative might be a talented fiberglass guy, might even be a better choice.

skyhawkpilot
Total Posts: 576

I have really been enjoying living vicariously through the Reno Air Races through your images. They are all awesome! Keep posting them. I look forward to the Alliance photos as well. Maybe next year I will do Alliance air show instead of ISAP. (Any word of that being in Central Florida, Jim?)

In other news, I need a new laptop and I am considering purchasing a MacBook Air or Pro as opposed to a PC. I have very little experience with either laptop. I was wondering what sort of advice the group here might have. I have had PCs my entire life and am finding it difficult to shell out $1800-$2000 for a new Mac.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2257

When you purchase the Mac, buy it with the minimum RAM, then max it out through OWC: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/Apple_MacBook_MacBook_Pro/Upgrade

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

Sound advice Wrei, but I'm not sure how easy it is to add additional ram to the Air once you've purchased it. I believe they say that you can't add it once it's delivered. If he's getting a Pro, then it's easy to do.

I would look into that before making a decision, since Apple prices its RAM at twice what you pay for it at OWC, based on my experience of upgrading my Macbook and iMac.

skyhawkpilot

If I bought minimum RAM and Hard drive, then upgraded myself, wouldn't that void the warranty? I find this concept hard to believe after working on PCs all this time, but this is the policy I have heard about.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2257

Sorry, yes, I am referring to the Pro. I do not know about the Air, but OWC could tell you, in fact, I did not see any Air memory upgrade packages.

I upgraded both of our MacBook Pro's myself. Mine went in for service under warranty with no problems (they replaced the screen). I even told them I upgraded the memory, but they can tell when they turn on the machine and look at the records for as bought vs. as is.

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3916

1-800-CALL-DELL
Tell them what you want all maxed out and your done, warranty and all !

Razor17

Tim Adams wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

I'm sure there are guys at Ezell's shop more than competent.

I 2nd Nelson's shop. Watching Chad put the scoop on the Bear was special. Remembering what they had to do to get the Red Bull P-38 back together was a true work of art.
Then there is Nelson's Fury and the Brewster Corsair. How they transform a piece of metal into a panel, truly the work of an artist...

Lynn

Razor17

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Thanks Tim, we will have several aircraft in Ezell's shop before year end. I need someone for the wing root fairings, gear fairings and a couple of other pieces on my biplane as it goes back together. Nelson and the boys don't fiddle with those "little" kinds of aircraft much. Actually an alternative might be a talented fiberglass guy, might even be a better choice.

Nelson has a way with the English wheel to work the knots out of those fairings...

skyhawkpilot

Wrei wrote:
Sorry, yes, I am referring to the Pro. I do not know about the Air, but OWC could tell you, in fact, I did not see any Air memory upgrade packages.

I upgraded both of our MacBook Pro's myself. Mine went in for service under warranty with no problems (they replaced the screen). I even told them I upgraded the memory, but they can tell when they turn on the machine and look at the records for as bought vs. as is.

Interesting. How do you feel about the Retina vs non retina displays?

1       2       3              3893      
       3895              4376       4377       end