Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3891

1       2       3              3891      
       3893              4346       4347       end

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

OOPS TOPP.

This is all I have at work atm...

Now Jim we woldnt want to rush you guys in the Wilson Aero purchasing dept, but as my trip is probably going to be a oncer , we need this done before the 16th....haha

I think I'll be found wondering around McKinney just checking hangers out....

Ive been skipping around the office for the past week just thinking about catching up with everyone, the MA2A get together and shooting next to you guys at Alliance . What a buzz I smiling like a Cheshire Cat...

Its going to be tough act to follow, even if the Goodguys Meet at Charlotte & SEMA at Vegas is petrolhead heaven..

Al

KZinnack
Total Posts: 147

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I'd be honored to be captured by Jan Arie, or any of you. It would be weird to be the subject looking at the 25. I guess it's one heck of a view. Ross and Matt say it's the coolest thing they've ever done, and that's saying something!

I have to see that bigger grin, so we're on!

Gero we're in the process of doing that as we speak, but it will be very full a week after that deal is closed. The hangar already has a Tweet and a Stearman in it, soon a Pilatus. It doesn't take long

So Jim,

Does your hanger have rubber walls....sorta like the elastic-waist pants my grandfather used to wear to thanksgiving dinner? At this rate of expansion you're going to have to add an elevator and lower hanger deck.....or risk busting a button!

Karl

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

One of the reasons this has gone more slowly than we had anticipated, is that we've decided that it is much better to plan and then deal with a few things you hadn't thought of, than act quickly and deal with everything that you haven't thought of. Space isn't going to be a problem.

Sorry Al, the 16th is probably a little tight, I'll do the best I can.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4547

Small Bites Jim... Small Bites!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

Funny, but oh so true Jay. I'm looking forward to seeing you Buddy. Soon, when my shooting schedule relaxes, let's go shoot some serious Arizona together. Know anyone from the Rockies that would want in on some of that action?

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Funny, but oh so true Jay. I'm looking forward to seeing you Buddy. Soon, when my shooting schedule relaxes, let's go shoot some serious Arizona together. Know anyone from the Rockies that would want in on some of that action?

I look forward to seeing some Jim n Jay Arizona images...

Well Jim, If it happens after Ive been , then I can still say "Ive been there", whilst living vicariousley through your images..

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2650

Unlimited winning pilot Steve Hinton Jr. basks in the glow of the setting sun.

Tim Adams

The crew of Rare Bear become ghost like in this night run.

Go4Long
Total Posts: 1560

That's one he should have on his wall for sure, or his wife's wall, or the wall of the hangar...or something...maybe I'm vane, but I would totally have a picture like that of myself hanging on my wall.

Tim Adams

Clay Lacy's 1970 winner was in Reno this week. The plane has not flown for probably 15yrs. It is a real time capsule wearing it's original paint.

Razor17
Total Posts: 336

Tim Adams wrote:

Really nice Tim, looks like Nelson in the driver seat...

Razor17
Total Posts: 336

Tim Adams wrote:
Clay Lacy's 1970 winner was in Reno this week. The plane has not flown for probably 15yrs. It is a real time capsule wearing it's original paint.

Another really nice one, do you know who had the honors of flying it over from KVNY?

Tim Adams

Razor17 wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:

Really nice Tim, looks like Nelson in the driver seat...

I think it was John Penney. John did most of the flight testing during the week.

Tim Adams

Razor17 wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:

Another really nice one, do you know who had the honors of flying it over from KVNY?

Not sure, it was not Clay though.

Tim Adams

The thrash begins. Thom Richard got to Reno from Florida with only 15 minutes to spare before the deadline. The reason the motor is yellow and red is because the race motor seized on the bottom end after only a 10 minute ground run. The race motor was built in about three weeks over in England.
The repaired motor you see here was built by the crew in Florida in about 47hrs. Red case is last years motor, yellow banks and heads from the race motor. Precious had people crawling all over it all week.

Tim Adams

Rebuilt canopy in place, Strega heads out for a early morning test flight.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4547

Looking forward to a chance to do that Jim.

Tim, nobody brings the flavor of Reno home like you do. That shot of Stevo is otherworldly.

Tim Adams

FlyingPhotog wrote:

Tim, nobody brings the flavor of Reno home like you do. That shot of Stevo is otherworldly.

Thanks.

Hidden Mustang sunrise,

Tim Adams

Precious after one of it's many test flights.

david russell
Total Posts: 749

Amazing Reno shots....all those early mornings and late evenings were certainly worth it.....Amazing.

1       2       3              3891      
       3893              4346       4347       end