Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3885

1       2       3              3885      
       3887              4346       4347       end

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3617

Strega 419MPH into the gold tomorrow starting from last place going to an epic race I believe between Voodoo and Strega.
To bad I can't see it live it's to late.

Edit for top from the files Reno 07 Super Corsair
and Sea Fury
Voodoo

waiting for some Tim Adam's photo's and some from Jo

Razor17
Total Posts: 336

Jeff W. wrote:
Knock 'em dead Jo. I'm looking forward to your report and images. Have a great adventure

How to make a u-turn with an Airbus on a tight ramp

Did you shoot this from the parking garage in between the runways? I passed through there yesterday and was thinking of the shot...

Lynn

futurshox
Total Posts: 2415

Jan-Arie wrote:

waiting for some Tim Adam's photo's and some from Jo

Okokokokokok! Haaaang on. Been investigating Reno brewpubs tonight (priorities).

It was awesome watching Strega storm past everyone in the silver class yesterday and today. Let us hope the gold class is as entertaining! They flew this evening and it was cool. Although Spirit of Texas bailed out half way through; don't know why.

I have been cheering on certain Sport class racers. Racin' Jason 391 in his RV-8 came within a hair's breadth of overtaking the nitrous Glasair in front of him, so much so that we couldn't tell who had won at the finish. He lost by a nose and consequently has built a nose extension on his spinner so he can overtake the guy tomorrow (Tim if you're reading, check it out, it's hilarious)

Alan in his Lancair race 22 has had his crew building extra fairings for draggy parts on his plane, we shall see how those work out in the morning.

Don't expect any of those dawn and dusk shiny pictures from me, I haven't been there at those times and doubt that will change tomorrow. We shall see!

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 1907

Razor17 wrote:
Jeff W. wrote:
How to make a u-turn with an Airbus on a tight ramp

Did you shoot this from the parking garage in between the runways? I passed through there yesterday and was thinking of the shot...

Lynn

Thanks Lynn. Yes, I was shooting from the Terminal 4 parking garage between the runways.

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

Leo Hursh wrote:
Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:
While Ive got you attention guys I need a few opinions.

When I get to Alliance Im tossing up about lenses.
Im bringing my 1D4 & 100/400f5.6, my 5D3 & 70/200F2.8 plus a 1.4TCIII, due to the fact that my 300f2.8 is too heavy to lug to Allen & all the way around Charlotte , LA & Vegas Im thinking about hiring a Lens,
What are the opinions on either a 300f2.8 or a 400

(Quote)
Al, Jim is right about the focal lengths but make sure you rent the V2 of the lens. It will save you 2.5-3 lbs. As an option, why not look at renting a 200-400? It looks to be similarly priced for rental as the 400 2.8 II and about 1/2 lb lighter to boot.

Lens Rentals 200-400
The owner, Roger, is a member on these forums (RCicala). I don't have any affiliation with this company other than being a satisfied customer!

Thanks Leo,
Competitive Cameras is a bust for 400f2.8 or 200/400F4...
Think Ill get onto Lens Rentals to see how I go.

Al

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3433

Angry wrote:
Thanks Leo,
Competitive Cameras is a bust for 400f2.8 or 200/400F4...
Think Ill get onto Lens Rentals to see how I go.

Al

If you go with Lens Rentals, I've also got a lens coming from them for Wednesday delivery to the local FedEx office in McKinney, a couple of miles west of HQ. Maybe they would consolidate the shipments and save us a few bucks each?

J Mosher
Total Posts: 164

F-35 Gear Up...

Jeremy

ELinder
Total Posts: 511

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
ELinder wrote:
Edit for TOPP: At the airport about to fly out to, so no plane pics. But here's where I'm off to for the next 2 weeks.

Erich, where is that? It looks a lot like Salzburg...

Sorry for the delay, just got back into town. Yes, it's Salzburg. I have family there.

Erich

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16221

Dear Al,

Sorry Competitive didn't have your lens in rental, I'd try the guys Zim uses. I would tell you not to sweat it and loan you my 500 for AFW, but I'm not sure my new lenses will be in by then. They should be, but these days who knows?

JWilsonphoto

Taking the Super Legend home (I took the long way)to be certified..............

JWilsonphoto

Next year at HQ Thursday we'll have a firemist black version with platinum stripes and a platinum sunburst, on Wipaire amphibs. Maybe we'll even have water in the lake! I have a feeling that HQ Thursday 2014 is going to be quite something, and may just morph into HQ weekend. Wouldn't that be fun?

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Next year at HQ Thursday we'll have a firemist black version with platinum stripes and a platinum sunburst, on Wipaire amphibs. Maybe we'll even have water in the lake! I have a feeling that HQ Thursday 2014 is going to be quite something, and may just morph into HQ weekend. Wouldn't that be fun?

Yes, Jim, that sounds like great good fun. By then I should have something new in the fleet, too...

Jan-Arie

Very cool to see a Legendary P51 on the ground in Reno Clay Lacy's Miss van Nuys

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2172

Jim,

You may want to cancel the PC-12 order....

https://www.facebook.com/douglas.r.jackson/posts/10200478429865538

stevezzzz

MMcGrath wrote:
Jim,

Ooh...me want! Let me see what the checkbook says...

...checkbook says, "In your dreams, buddy!"

Jan-Arie

Woooooo that was fast VooDoo back to bed nighty night.

Angry
Total Posts: 1210

MMcGrath wrote:
Jim,

Only $1.6 M ....a steal...

Al

JWilsonphoto

Mark, you have no idea how tempted I am to let future cats out of the bag, but I'm going to resist. We looked at BBD, it's not in great shape and I do not want a project, done with projects. The PC 12 is a done deal as far as our plans are concerned, the rest, Y'all will just have to drop by and see.

I'll be off to Kissimmee for a little tutelage before too long.

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Another nice day in Maryland with a heads up for the local DC contingent ..

Seems Oct 11th, there is going to be a 75th commemorative flight of 30 T 6's over the Pentagon and restricted areas there to celebrate the plane and the WWII pilots that flew ..... thinking that most of those aviators started in this plane. ........ and they are going to group up in Culpepper ..... seems there are some good formation pilots / instructors there and some have been there to practice -- as he plans to a couple of times to use them for this fly over.

The following plane rolled off as a AT-6D ---------- I think he told me it was a 1944 or before though the registry doesn't say .. he's like 3rd or 4th owner. It was Air Force but the owner who put the nose art on was Navy ...... so thus the naval color.

Naughty Nurse Nancy

Great couple .. he told me that the nose art of Naughty Nurse Nancy was a young photo of a previous owners wife. He's owned it since '99 and drives a L-35 to keep this toy.

Next Saturday is the Cambridge Heritage Skipjack Race at 10 am at Long Wharf, Cambridge, Md 21613 and September 28th is the Easton Airport Day ...

Razor17
Total Posts: 336

Jan-Arie wrote:
Very cool to see a Legendary P51 on the ground in Reno Clay Lacy's Miss van Nuys

It was and I had a chance to speak with Paul Bowen as well who was standing there as well...

Lynn

1       2       3              3885      
       3887              4346       4347       end