J Mosher
Total Posts: 176

F-35 Gear Up...

Jeremy

ELinder
Total Posts: 993

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
ELinder wrote:
Edit for TOPP: At the airport about to fly out to, so no plane pics. But here's where I'm off to for the next 2 weeks.

Erich, where is that? It looks a lot like Salzburg...

Sorry for the delay, just got back into town. Yes, it's Salzburg. I have family there.

Erich

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19072

Dear Al,

Sorry Competitive didn't have your lens in rental, I'd try the guys Zim uses. I would tell you not to sweat it and loan you my 500 for AFW, but I'm not sure my new lenses will be in by then. They should be, but these days who knows?

JWilsonphoto

Taking the Super Legend home (I took the long way)to be certified..............

JWilsonphoto

Next year at HQ Thursday we'll have a firemist black version with platinum stripes and a platinum sunburst, on Wipaire amphibs. Maybe we'll even have water in the lake! I have a feeling that HQ Thursday 2014 is going to be quite something, and may just morph into HQ weekend. Wouldn't that be fun?

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Next year at HQ Thursday we'll have a firemist black version with platinum stripes and a platinum sunburst, on Wipaire amphibs. Maybe we'll even have water in the lake! I have a feeling that HQ Thursday 2014 is going to be quite something, and may just morph into HQ weekend. Wouldn't that be fun?

Yes, Jim, that sounds like great good fun. By then I should have something new in the fleet, too...

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4076

Very cool to see a Legendary P51 on the ground in Reno Clay Lacy's Miss van Nuys

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2634

Jim,

You may want to cancel the PC-12 order....

https://www.facebook.com/douglas.r.jackson/posts/10200478429865538

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4071

MMcGrath wrote:
Jim,

Ooh...me want! Let me see what the checkbook says...

...checkbook says, "In your dreams, buddy!"

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4076

Woooooo that was fast VooDoo back to bed nighty night.

Angry
Total Posts: 1216

MMcGrath wrote:
Jim,

Only $1.6 M ....a steal...

Al

JWilsonphoto

Mark, you have no idea how tempted I am to let future cats out of the bag, but I'm going to resist. We looked at BBD, it's not in great shape and I do not want a project, done with projects. The PC 12 is a done deal as far as our plans are concerned, the rest, Y'all will just have to drop by and see.

I'll be off to Kissimmee for a little tutelage before too long.

cbrandt
Total Posts: 1486

Another nice day in Maryland with a heads up for the local DC contingent ..

Seems Oct 11th, there is going to be a 75th commemorative flight of 30 T 6's over the Pentagon and restricted areas there to celebrate the plane and the WWII pilots that flew ..... thinking that most of those aviators started in this plane. ........ and they are going to group up in Culpepper ..... seems there are some good formation pilots / instructors there and some have been there to practice -- as he plans to a couple of times to use them for this fly over.

The following plane rolled off as a AT-6D ---------- I think he told me it was a 1944 or before though the registry doesn't say .. he's like 3rd or 4th owner. It was Air Force but the owner who put the nose art on was Navy ...... so thus the naval color.

Naughty Nurse Nancy

Great couple .. he told me that the nose art of Naughty Nurse Nancy was a young photo of a previous owners wife. He's owned it since '99 and drives a L-35 to keep this toy.

Next Saturday is the Cambridge Heritage Skipjack Race at 10 am at Long Wharf, Cambridge, Md 21613 and September 28th is the Easton Airport Day ...

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

Jan-Arie wrote:
Very cool to see a Legendary P51 on the ground in Reno Clay Lacy's Miss van Nuys

It was and I had a chance to speak with Paul Bowen as well who was standing there as well...

Lynn

ELinder

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Ok Gang, I need an approximate head count for rooms at the Marriott/HQ. I'm thinking this is close:

AL - Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon
Zim - Wed/ Thurs/Sun
Glenn & Nadya - Thurs
Jay - Thurs/Sun
Larry - Wed/Thurs/Sun
Lady Jo - Thurs

Who might I be missing? I'll have Monday evening in reserve for Zim, just in case there is WX. Glenn, I'll get you a PPR for Friday am in and Friday evening out. Just get me aircraft specifics as soon as you know them.

Wow, over 35 pages to catch up on. Don't you people sleep?

Add me for Wed thru Sun nights. Also confirming the Friday mission.
I'm assuming it's best to book both days for the photo tour just in case for WX?

As far as lenses go for the air-air missions, any recommendations as far as focal length range desirable? My primary lens on my D7100 is a 17-55 f2.8, but that doesn't have VR. For the D4 I have an 85 f1.4, also no VR. My 70-200 VR is probably overkill of the long end, right?

Erich

Edit for TOPP: Somewhere over the mid-Atlantic with nothing in reach but the camera in my iPad.

JWilsonphoto

That's great Erich. You might want to make your Ft. Worth reservations as soon as you can. I'll put you down for Wed/Thurs at the Marriott in Allen. I imagine you want to spend Sunday night in Ft. Worth if you're heading home Monday.

Best lenses for A2A are 24-70, 70-200.

ELinder

Right, any recommendations for hotels in Ft.Worth for Fri-Sun?

I was afraid you'd say 24-70. I've been trying to avoid that obvious $ choice since getting the D4.

Erich

JWilsonphoto

This one, or a couple more on the same block:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55857-d2306647-Reviews-Hilton_Garden_Inn_Fort_Worth_Alliance_Airport-Fort_Worth_Texas.html

skyhawkpilot
Total Posts: 576

Colin Giersberg wrote:
Hey Andrew, as far as Disney World is concerned, we will go to Epcot, and maybe Animal Kingdom. Other than that, I am not sure. Any help with other attractions there will be greatly appreciated. My niece just got back from there about a month ago, so she has helped some.

Hey Colin, Check your private messages. I wrote up some things for your trip to Orlando, FL.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2863

Ten straight days at Reno. At the field every day at 5:30AM, everyday not leaving until well after sunset with the exception of two. Some images soon. Hard to think that we may never race again.

1       2       3              3885      
       3887              4872       4873       end