Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3869

1       2       3              3869      
       3871              4855       4856       end

gerov
Total Posts: 8995

Niall,
if you're handy with a scroll saw and a router, you can make a bush hawk from a nice piece of maple. I just bolted a longer arca style clamp up on top.

the cutout in the back handle is for a Canon cable release, which was held in place with a couple of rubber bands. The hand wraps around the grip and your finger actuates the cable release.

This has worked quite well for me.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 18962

gerov

Jim,
did you lose your hat on that one?

Gero

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

Niall, I brought a Gitzo GT5532LS for my Canon 500mm...

Rock solid...

Lynn

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4062

I think that's Glenn in the L-39, and I believe Jim was just trying to pay tribute to a dear friend on the anniversary of his passing.

astrobrian

stevez wrote:
I think that's Glenn in the L-39, and I believe Jim was just trying to pay tribute to his dear friend on the anniversary of his passing.

Oh my I didnt even catch that. So sorry.

gerov

Steve,
thanks for mentioning that. It's a fabulous shot and a nice tribute to Glenn.

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3780

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Any news on how Glenn did in his first competition?

Howdy Ya'll....

9th out of 13.. sounds pretty bad but first place was 85% and i was 71% so it was a pretty tight top 10...pretty awesome experience that will lead to much money being spent....

there were 42 comptetitors in all 5 categories - the biggest Hammerfest in its 12 year history - went off like without a hitch!

This photo pretty much sums up the entire weekend...

Glenn

astrobrian

Good going GW! Where is the next one at?

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Y'all. No offense taken, and yes Brian, Glenn loved the fact that I didn't ever flinch. In fact, it was a joking session with Glenn that brought the phrase "Do you want the shot, or not!?" into existence. He sure left a big hole in my life, but that's the chance you take when you love somebody, wouldn't have it any other way.

Sure glad the coming week isn't last year's week, that was a tough one. Thank you all for caring, and for reaching out to me over the last week.

JW

JWilsonphoto

Proud of you Glenn! Way to go Buddy. Knowing how you go after your goals, I look for a big Russian radial to show up in the near future.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2408

Glenn Watson wrote:

Howdy Ya'll....

9th out of 13.. sounds pretty bad but first place was 85% and i was 71% so it was a pretty tight top 10...pretty awesome experience that will lead to much money being spent....

there were 42 comptetitors in all 5 categories - the biggest Hammerfest in its 12 year history - went off like without a hitch!

Glenn

Well done Glenn. I admire your determination and discipline to pursue such a lofty goal. I hope Jim is correct - you'd be quite a sight strapped into a Su-26

Glenn Watson

Hi Jeff:

You're right about that - a Sukhoi is quite a lofty goal...however I would have to go with an Su-29 in order to take those willing up and wring them out on the ma2a HQ days!

Glenn

david russell
Total Posts: 754

Razor17 wrote:
david russell wrote:
I'm a bit late getting this out, but in the realm of better late than never, I'd like to extend an invitation to the A2A folks to do some G2T (ground to tree) shooting.

I plan to spend a couple of weeks in and around Crested Butte Colorado shooting fall colors during late September and would like to invite any of you who have an interest to join in.

We have a spare room and a pull out couch in our mountain home that we would like to share. PM me if you are interested.

Snipped the pics

Sure wished I had that problem in my back yard, very nice capture..

Well come out, we'll leave the light on for you.....and thanks for the kind words.

Edit. <topp>

Zane Adams
Total Posts: 341

Interesting coincidence this morning, I just finished reading a FaceBook post by my old school friend Jim Doyle about his experience at Hammerfest...he was the 85% guy Then I see this post about it. Sounds like a great time. Well done Glenn first time in the box...nice.

Glenn Watson wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Any news on how Glenn did in his first competition?

Howdy Ya'll....

Glenn

JWilsonphoto

I've discovered that Glenn has this quiet way about him, but when he sets his sights on something, he tends to burn a hole in it until he has achieved the goal he has set out for himself. Not a lot of fanfare, he just figures out how to get it done.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2913

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I've discovered that Glenn has this quiet way about him, but when he sets his sights on something, he tends to burn a hole in it until he has achieved the goal he has set out for himself. Not a lot of fanfare, he just figures out how to get it done.

…and a really nice guy too!

gerov

I heard he's pretty good at A2A shots as well...

Glenn Watson

Hi Zane:
I assisted Jim in judging a couple of the other categories this past weekend - hes a really cool dude!

Glenn

1       2       3              3869      
       3871              4855       4856       end