Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Planes of Fame chief pilot Kevin Eldrige...

Glenn

Glenn Watson

. Its Ruff being Keving Eldrige...

Glenn Watson

The Trojan Horsemen

Glenn

Glenn Watson

The steel eyed gaze of Mike Wiskus..

Glenn

Glenn Watson

behind the scenes..

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Acemaker I

Glenn

Glenn Watson

stevez wrote:
The latest issue of ISnAP includes some familiar MA2A faces: mine and J-A's at the least (who else did I miss?). Oh, and there's some aviation photography in there, as well...

http://issuu.com/isaporg/docs/isnapaug2014final

Good stuff Stevez. Dont recall seeing any of those pics on here....how fun would it be to get the keys to a T-45 for an hour or two?

waterflyboy22
Total Posts: 757

Wanted to announce to everyone another reason I've been out of touch.
Robert Arthur Boyd was born yesterday at 1:11 pm. Baby and mom are doing wonderful. So thankful that The Lord blessed us with another healthy son.
And I will share another bit of news that only this group will understand...
We had a beautiful sunset yesterday, and I was taking a few snaps with the wife's Nikon P7700 P&S (great little camera, BTW). And since we are lucky enough (in my opinion) to have a room that faces the helipad, imagine my glee when one of our local S-76 medical helos comes into view. My wife is accusing me of taking more of the S-76 with the sunset background than of our son. (Blatantly false, but not by much...)
Pics to follow.

Glenn Watson

pics to follow of the helo or the baby?

Glenn Watson

So bummed i cant make it up to Oshkosh this year. Going to have to turn off my computer for a week so I dont see how awesome it is! Any MA2Ars besides Mr. Beckman going?

If so keep yours eyes peeled for the microjet in its newly wrapped regalia!

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Glenn

BillyBlaylock
Total Posts: 85

The family and I spent the latter part of the week in the Houston area for the National Track and Field Junior Olympic Nationals. Other than the usual (and highly prized) images of my little man (9 yo) competing in the javelin event, we stopped at the Battleship Texas. The light was a very flat and everything was grey which did not help the images at all. I did manage to grab at least one shot I could play with in photoshop.

I had to go pretty far just to make it somewhat interesting so bare with me Although not an airplane it at least was the first "carrier" as it launched the first airplane at sea!

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19268

Zim, I hear you on the obstruction issue.Necessary evils I guess, but the first thing I do when I get to a location for air to ground, is sweep it for things sticking up. Nice to have the Garmin to point out obstructions, but I trust my eyes more. I'm rarely above 1,000' in helicopters, well actually iin the cub too, so my head is on a swivel for towers, Red Tailed Hawks, Turkey Vultures, other aircraft, etc. I think about Galveston Gal often when I'm out doing the run Glenn and I carved out. It would not take a very hefty bird to buckle the streamlined struts on a cub, and then things would get ugly.

Yesterday Chandler flew navigator for me using my iPad, because my 496 battery went toes up. We had one site west of Fort Worth that could have been a little tough to find, but he guided us there without so much as a course correction. I gave him the weekend off, but we're scheduled for a week of non-stop bop beginning early Monday morning.

Hunter has been in Mississippi all week on a mission trip. They painted houses for folks that couldn't afford to do it, he's an amazing young man, totally committed to Christ, and lives it every day. That has never been an easy path, but with the direction our society is taking, it becomes increasingly more difficult. But, He never alluded to it being an easy road, just the right one.

Glenn Watson

Glenn Watson wrote:
stevez wrote:
The latest issue of ISnAP includes some familiar MA2A faces: mine and J-A's at the least (who else did I miss?). Oh, and there's some aviation photography in there, as well...

http://issuu.com/isaporg/docs/isnapaug2014final

Good stuff Stevez. Dont recall seeing any of those pics on here....how fun would it be to get the keys to a T-45 for an hour or two?

And I spied Lady Jo Hunter in there as well!

Wrei
Total Posts: 2939

More populous than the Turkey Vulture are the Black Vultures. Watch out for them also.

JWilsonphoto

Welcome Billy! What aircraft did it launch?

JWilsonphoto

Congrats to all in ISnAP, did you happen to notice the shift in quality when one of your names were posted? Seriously, it was unmistakeable.

Glenn, what in the world is left to say?! You are now in the enviable position of having to best yourself my friend!

Yeah Wrei, if you even got close to one of those, the ugly would knock you out of the sky!

JWilsonphoto

1       2       3              3869      
       3871              4532       4533       end