Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3865

1       2       3              3865      
       3867              4532       4533       end

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2451

MMcGrath wrote:
I think it runs end July / beginning August. Approx 1 year from now.

Hmm not easy, I'll still be working for another 6-8 weeks!
Niall

edited for TOPP

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4083

Glenn Watson wrote:
stevez wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:
My new friend Katy, the Blues official photographer shooting a Nikon. Makes you stop and think doesnt it?

Glenn

Nice work if you can get it...

...and that goes for Katy's job, too.

sucks about your car man. is it still driveable?

Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that part: the damage is all cosmetic. For those of you who might think EV's aren't practical road trip cars, I put 800 miles behind me yesterday, Monterey to Flagstaff. I could make it home today, but will instead have a leisurely 400 mile day and stay with friends tonight in Pagosa Springs.

stevezzzz

nrferguson wrote:
stevez wrote:
That's exactly what he did, Colin. I thought he was exiting to stop and exchange insurance info, but no: it was his exit, and he kept on going. With all the photographic resources at my command it never occured to me to snap his plates before he got away.

It wouldn't have made any difference - in the UK that would not be considered his fault. Some years ago I collected a new car and on the way home a lorry in front of me carrying road hard core had a lump of brick fall off it hit my bonnet (hood for our US cousins) and take out my windscreen - I got his number but the insurers said unless I could prove that 1. it came from his load rather than he just hit something in the road 2. His load was unsafe ie overfull or similar it wouldn't be considered his fault!!!
Niall

Yes, and I could almost hear my insurance company's claims agent thinking "Ah, another one following too close," over the phone. Sure wish I'd had the video camera running when he passed and then pulled back in front of me, then slowed down without showing any brake lights. Hmm: I wonder if he even *has* any brake lights: it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't working on that junker.

stevezzzz

By the way, as I passed a nondescript commercial building on the side of the road near Tehatchapi yesterday, I noticed a flatbed trailer in the parking lot on which was mounted a Merlin sporting a test club.

nrferguson
Total Posts: 2451

The hood/bonnet trans-Atlantic difference reminds me of a WW2 story of a British Army major in Burma who was driving around in a tatty Willies Jeep which had had the metal cover to the engine compartment removed to aid cooling and had the cloth gazebo over the seating area raised to provide shade (you will see why I am so obtuse when you read on).
The said Major drove to a US base and left his Jeep outside the guardroom with its engine running whilst he checked in. When he emerged it had disappeared! After some searching he saw it being driven by an American officer who he flagged down and asked for the return of his vehicle.
"How do you know this is your jeep?" was the reply
British Major - "Because my jeep had a hood but no bonnet."
US Officer - "Well it's obviously NOT yours then, because this jeep has a bonnet, but no hood!!"
Niall

stevezzzz

I took this stereo-X pair of the Ivanpah solar electric generating station from the Interstate yesterday. What a surreal and fantastic sight: the very air glows near the towers.

Ryan Harris
Total Posts: 149

Steve, if you saw a Merlin on a test stand, then you most likely drove past Vintage V12's. They are in Tehachapi and have been mostly associated with Merlins through the years, but are also the only game on the block for DB601 or DB605 (Bf109), BMW801 (Fw190), and Centaurus (Sea Fury) engines.

http://www.vintagev12s.com/

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19267

Must be less fatiguing without all the noise and harmonics associated with gasoline propulsion systems. I'm seeing more and more "S" models in my neighborhood. There are at least four within a few blocks of my house.

stevez wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:
stevez wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:
My new friend Katy, the Blues official photographer shooting a Nikon. Makes you stop and think doesnt it?

Glenn

Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that part: the damage is all cosmetic. For those of you who might think EV's aren't practical road trip cars, I put 800 miles behind me yesterday, Monterey to Flagstaff. I could make it home today, but will instead have a leisurely 400 mile day and stay with friends tonight in Pagosa Springs.

gerov
Total Posts: 9030

stevez wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:
stevez wrote:
Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn

Steve, what kind of range are you getting on a full charge with mostly highway driving?

Sorry to hear about your incident, but I'm glad you weren't injured by the flying debris.

Gero

stevezzzz

Ryan Harris wrote:
Steve, if you saw a Merlin on a test stand, then you most likely drove past Vintage V12's. They are in Tehachapi and have been mostly associated with Merlins through the years, but are also the only game on the block for DB601 or DB605 (Bf109), BMW801 (Fw190), and Centaurus (Sea Fury) engines.

Yes, that's the place!

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Must be less fatiguing without all the noise and harmonics associated with gasoline propulsion systems. I'm seeing more and more "S" models in my neighborhood. There are at least four within a few blocks of my house.

Incredibly less fatiguing, Jim: between the lack of noise and low frequency vibrations, and combined with the enforced charging stops every two-to-three hours (I typically spend 40 minutes at a Supercharger, though it could be anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on where the next one is), you can drive comfortably for a very long time, even at my advanced age.

Gero, the car's nominal range is 265 miles on a charge, but that can vary enormously depending on your driving style and weather conditions: I've exceeded 300 miles several times, and there are some days and some routes where 180 miles would be pushing it. Most Superchargers are located about 150 miles apart.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2887

stevez wrote:
Ryan Harris wrote:

Yes, that's the place!

They also were the ones who built Strega's motors since 2008. Not this year though. With Strega being sold, the race motor is in Texas at Rick Shanholtzer's shop.

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 723

Team Aerodynamix arrives at PDK Atlanta - Christopher Buff, www.Aviationbuff.com

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

MMcGrath wrote:
Niall,

you got any of the F-18 from Saturday morning with a back seater on-board?

You sure? Looked at my Saturday photo's but no back seater, there was one on the friday
Checked my Sunday stuff when he departed in the morning there is a back seater present but photo is already to far away...

Well you did mean Farnborough hey? my bad wasn't there...

This is Friday Fairford

Jan-Arie

Synchro Pair
C-27 J Spartan and ow yeah he did Loop and roll great demo...

futurshox
Total Posts: 2776

Oooo, synchro pair.

And oh wow, those might be the best prop vortices I've ever seen.

Jan-Arie

Reds part 2

Massimo Foti
Total Posts: 655

Jan-Arie wrote:
Synchro Pair
C-27 J Spartan and ow yeah he did Loop and roll great demo...

Those Italian from "Reparto Sperimentale" has been doing great demos for years, first with G-222, now with the C-27.

Jan-Arie

LM promised no show

Textron scorpion promised

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2012

Today is possession day. Here's the new kitchen

New Kitchen by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

1       2       3              3865      
       3867              4532       4533       end