3855              4378       4379       end

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16334

That's hilarious Curtis

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 3916

Bill Gass wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
The other day I posted a couple of links to some photos a mate of mine took enroute to a carrier.
He's now uploaded the approach & landing video.

http://vimeo.com/m/72660126

BAD AZZ-

I'm still trying to figure out what plane it was, wasn't an F18 was it ?
I'm thinking prowler...Hawkeye ?

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2199

A C-2 Greyhound.

Bill Gass

MMcGrath wrote:
A C-2 Greyhound.

I was close, . Thanks

KJindaUK
Total Posts: 613

Lot's of females on a carrier deck, doing amazing things daily!

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4579

Star Light .. Star Bright

Razor17
Total Posts: 346

Tim Adams wrote:
First flight of Voodoo since just after Jimmy's crash in 2011. Race Merlin in, Hinton Jr. on the stick.

http://vimeo.com/72768557

Sweet, I'll be on the ramp in 3 weeks, its going to be good...

Lynn

JWilsonphoto

KJindaUK wrote:
Lot's of females on a carrier deck, doing amazing things daily!

And God Bless them everyone!

JWilsonphoto

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Star Light .. Star Bright

Now Jay, if you just moved that prop an inch to the.............................

JWilsonphoto

Very pleased to announce that my meeting went wonderfully this morning. Wrei, the card worked again! I have 32 projects on the calendar immediately and a few more than that coming out of the ground as we speak. I don't know whether to click my heels, or run for cover! I'll click my heels.

Bill Gass

Congrats Jim but doesn't suprise me, they got the best !
And Jay, yes, off just a tad and looking just as if not more beautiful then the other !

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Bill! Looks like I won't be slowing down for a while.

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 780

Hearty congratulations Jim. So that will be one a week from now until err this could run and run. Now what we need is for Nikon to deliver a 17mm PC lens or for Canon to deliver a big MB camera to go with your 17mm TS. Oh, and I'm still shocked that somebody managed to let this customer slip through their fingers presumably they had bigger things to do or just got fed up with doing real estate. Still their loss is your gain and hopefully you can find time to post some of your work so that I can continue with my training course.

Wrei
Total Posts: 2257

Congratulations on the successful meeting Jim. While "the card" contains a bit of magic, it is good to see the guy with the best solution winning!

JWilsonphoto

Thanks Nick! I'm with you, but if I had to guess, I'd say lack of attention to detail, substituting Photoshop for photo technique, unwillingness/inability to part with the $$$ for top shelf gear, unwillingness/inability to assess the client's needs and over deliver. Tiring of shooting residential architecture is most likely not one of the reasons. If you are tired of shooting a subject, you just don't take those assignments anymore. This is a clear case of the client being tired of the photographer shooting their architecture, and voting them off the island as it were.

Something that I see over and over, in good times and lean times (surprisingly) is a realization on the part of the photographer that this is a business. You don't get to shoot what you want every single day, in fact that's the case most of the time, that's kind of why they call it "work". If I had a dime for every aspiring pro shooter who has asked for advice, all the while thinking they are about to embark on a career shooting where, what and when they want, I'd already have a Mustang at HQ. It's all about shooting where what and when the client wants, then adding your talent to that. I decided early on that I'd rather cater to the client's needs and be financially able to shoot what I want on occasion, vs. shooting what I want all the time but not being able to venture far from the bridge I'm living under. In the cold light of day, it wasn't a difficult choice to make.

As I said in an earlier post, this scenario is one of the few bright spots one can honestly point out to the fledgling shooter, and it happens every day. Find a spot where someone isn't measuring up, has read too much of their own press and grown too big for their lens covers, and you have a ready made opportunity for success. If you take care of them, they'll never be on the market again. Ahhhh, ya gotta love pure capitalism, and letting the market work.

FlyingPhotog

Exhausted...

nrferguson
Total Posts: 1759

Very late bedtime. Flew from LHR to Leeds /Bradford and back yesterday Trip up was with a BA "partner" called Titanic Airline ( sorry Titan Airline)
One from RIATbefore I leave. BTW anyone in the UK going to Dunsfold this weekend?
BTW 2 the TOPP looks vaguely familiar
Niall

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Gone Tubing

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3496

Great stuff on this page (and the last page, and the one before that, etc.; man, it's hard to keep up!).

Congratulations, Jim, on landing another new client.

I've finally finished editing Topeka and put a gallery up on my website:

www.zphoto.biz/topeka

The photos run the gamut from warbirds to owners to pilots to WWII vets to re-enactors to ramp rats to engine checks to concession stands. Hope you enjoy them!

FlyingPhotog

Nice broad, diverse set of shots on your site Zim! Bravo...!

Got Bent?

1       2       3              3853      
       3855              4378       4379       end