Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3846

1       2       3              3846      
       3848              4871       4872       end

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2421

Southwest Airlines departing Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport into an approaching storm.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

Very nice Jeff...

DanNehmer
Total Posts: 308

Rodolfo,

Thanks for the idea. I will only take one body but since buying the 6D I reach for it most often yet...... You are right, the 7D with the 17-85 is a good choice, good camera, and covers a good range with light weight. The full frame also means heavier lens too.

Thanks,
Dan

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4074

Well thought tonight lets watch something else on the computer.
Lets see where the American's listen to so I downloaded the2013 CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock say whaaaat seeing 50.000 crazy fans going mental on the leading country artists well it was something different but I liked it crazy people

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19065

Hi Dan,

I think your instincts are correct, take the 6D and a lens. You might want something with little more reach like Rodolfo suggested.

Have a great trip!

MMcGrath
Total Posts: 2632

The Vulcan has done Air 2 Air missions before.

At least one of these was from the Skyvan photo platform that Kev Jackson shot quite a few of his A2A shots from. These are the guys who run the Air 2 Air from the Skyvan. http://www.air2air-academy.com

The Vulcan does a lot of corporate stuff with the Blades aerobatic team and their Extras.

JWilsonphoto

Took a client's son foe a Cub ride early this morning, then headed off to my hello shoot. No joy on the target within the TFR, but we asked, and we got very close, just not close enough. Enjoying a late lunch and a gallon of iced tea.

We have a new deal in class B around here. You must submit, in writing, your request, with a map depiction of your targets, at least 24 hours in advance. I was pleased to see that Jake had all our ducks in a row. What I thought was going to take at least 2 hours on the Hobbs, took 1.3 due to our organized plan and very light winds. Gotta love that, great for the bottom line. Today's weather could not have been more perfect, a good 15 degrees below where it should be, climate change I can live with!

JWilsonphoto

Thanks for the info Mark. I hope it doesn't come off as too snooty, but I'd rather take a beating than shoot a subject like the Vulcan from a Skycan. Few things worse than realizing you are limited and you have an incredible subject in your sights.

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

MMcGrath wrote:
The Vulcan has done Air 2 Air missions before.

At least one of these was from the Skyvan photo platform that Kev Jackson shot quite a few of his A2A shots from. These are the guys who run the Air 2 Air from the Skyvan. http://www.air2air-academy.com

The Vulcan does a lot of corporate stuff with the Blades aerobatic team and their Extras.

There's also an old-school film out there somewhere of the Vulcan being shot air to air from remote cameras on the tails of several Red Arrows jets. Film shows all the prep, mounting, etc...

MMcGrath

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Took a client's son foe a Cub ride early this morning, then headed off to my hello shoot. No joy on the target within the TFR, but we asked, and we got very close, just not close enough. Enjoying a late lunch and a gallon of iced tea.

We have a new deal in class B around here. You must submit, in writing, your request, with a map depiction of your targets, at least 24 hours in advance. I was pleased to see that Jake had all our ducks in a row. What I thought was going to take at least 2 hours on the Hobbs, took 1.3 due to our organized plan and very light winds. Gotta love that, great for the bottom line. Today's weather could not have been more perfect, a good 15 degrees below where it should be, climate change I can live with!

Jim,

sounds like you might need to use a longer lens - maybe something like a 300F4 with a TC to give you the extra reach you need.

MMcGrath

For the Gopro users amongst us -

Gopro no longer recommend using Sandisk cards when shooting in 2.7K or 4K modes. Apparently the Sandisk cards can't write the data fast enough.

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2421

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Very nice Jeff...

Thanks for the kind words my brother.

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Very nice Jeff...

+1

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

JWilsonphoto wrote:

I think FedEx has arrived...
Thank you Steve

JWilsonphoto

Can you believe this Lynn?

edited topp

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4070

Razor17 wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:

I think FedEx has arrived...
Thank you Steve

When it absolutely, positively, has to be there overnight. I just didn't specify which night.

I think we swapped out weather systems: mid-90s here today, with smoky haze from all the wildfires burning in the states upwind of us.

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4070

Jeff W. wrote:
Southwest Airlines departing Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport into an approaching storm.

Good one, Jeff!

...but I want more: do you have a frame with the jet a little bit farther above the bright/dark dividing line at the bottom? I'm not sure that would be better, but I think it might be.

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Looks like without $omething major changing on the back end I won't be making it to AFW this year.

ELinder
Total Posts: 990

Bummer. I was looking forward to talking to you about your shuttle photo experience.

Erich

PDumm
Total Posts: 204

Riders of the storm.

1       2       3              3846      
       3848              4871       4872       end