1       2       3              3827      
       3829              4395       4396       end

bobl
Total Posts: 2753

Happy Birthday to me...
My wife gave me a new lens...

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3166

Howdy: About 15 pages behind and trying to catch up. Great trip to Oshkosh with Nadya and Lady Jo in the Skyhawk. Mostly took it easy rather that shooting up everything I saw, but did haul the camera to the night show on Wednesday...

Gene "Mr. Airshow" Soucy's entire performance in a single frame!

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Hi Steve:
Killer a2a's dude! What were you shooting from?

Glenn

gerov
Total Posts: 8664

That's fabulous Glenn. How long was that exposure?

Glenn Watson

Hi Gerov:
Just over 5 minutes..

Glenn

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 3512

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hi Steve:
Killer a2a's dude! What were you shooting from?

Glenn

Thanks, J-A and Glenn. Yesterday's shoot was from the lead C-47 in a three-ship, Dan Gryder's red-and-white airplane. Today's was in the CAF Lockheed C-60 Goodtime Gal, leading Scott Glover's Lockheed Lodestar.

I thought I had a shoot put together with the two Grumman C-1 Traders behind me in Scott's T-6, but it got preempted by...well, best not to go there.

Colin Giersberg
Total Posts: 2117

J-A, I definitely like your last image.

nickjohnson
Total Posts: 795

US PR Spitfire ... yesterday I took a look at a BBC TV program about the WWII photo reconnaissance and intelligence effort. Part of the program had footage of a US photo reconnaissance pilot. By pure chance I was reading on another site and the source of the footage popped up. Here it is:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie3SrjLlcUY&sns=em

Take a look guys this gent flew fifty one (yes 51) PR missions.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 16411

Jan-Arie wrote:
Jim not a raise but more a token of respect.

Also one of the image's that I had missed in the folder

Wow.

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3674

nickjohnson wrote:
US PR Spitfire ... yesterday I took a look at a BBC TV program about the WWII photo reconnaissance and intelligence effort. Part of the program had footage of a US photo reconnaissance pilot. By pure chance I was reading on another site and the source of the footage popped up. Here it is:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie3SrjLlcUY&sns=em

Take a look guys this gent flew fifty one (yes 51) PR missions.

Already saw it a couple of times but that is some great footage

stevezzzz

That's good stuff, Nick; thanks.

Looks like today's going to be a washout at the Gathering of Warbirds and Legends, so I'm packing up and will head for home today after a couple of hours more charging the car. Looking forward to getting home tomorrow in anticipation of Jay's visit on Tuesday.

Scott Glover's closeup in the Lodestar...

stevezzzz

One more of the Lodestar, a medium shot this time...still in that left turn.

Odd: I spent most of my time shooting at 1/60sec, but the full discs aren't even visible because of the flat light; this one, at 1/200sec, is visually more compelling even though there's not as much prop blur, I guess because you can see the airplane actually does have propellers.

JWilsonphoto

Nice work Zim. I am anxious to get your impressions of the event. The hope, of course, was to lure warbirds from OSH and start a tradition. Part of that is born out of the continuing feud between the warbird faction and EAA. Gryder go his nose even further out of joint, understandably, when EAA changed the rules of the game on the "Last Time" mass arrival. There were two sides to that story and both had points.

Once again, I am so weary of trying to decipher what is fact and what is fiction, in every area of life today, my default is to file direct for my happy place and let people who enjoy and thrive on conflict, hash it all out. I could get more than a little worked up over Gryder using all my C47 images on everything from billboards to matted and framed fine art gifts to promote last time, not a mention of the photographer anywhere. I was at the dinner where he gave several large prints as gifts to significant attendees. I had a discussion with him after the event, but I felt like it was going in one ear and out the other as it was taking place. One of the reasons I blew this event off.

Have a safe and swift trip home, give my best to Jay.

JWilsonphoto

That Lodestar needs to be shot in the light we choose for our Alliance missions. Can you imagine that fuselage about three minutes before and after the sun hits the horizon. The frustrating thing about air to air work that involves going when someone else says "go", is that we perfectionists know exactly what we're not getting, and how incredible it "could" be. T'was forever thus, and will forever be.

ELinder
Total Posts: 564

Wow, lots of pages to catch up on. Last weekend I was at a family reunion in Orlando. As chief organizer of the event I got to pick the activities. So of course one day was at the Kennedy Space Center to see the new Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit. They did a great job of displaying her.

Erich

JWilsonphoto

And you did a great job of capturing the exhibit!

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 3674

Great looking plane that Lode star looks a lot like the Lockheed Hudson probably from the same family line.
The Hudson was the first model kit that I got from my father when I was young it was the old Airfix classic in 1/72 scale those were the days when you could buy a proper model kit at the supermarket...

astrobrian
Total Posts: 827

Wow Erich..... Gorgeous shots of Atlantis.

futurshox
Total Posts: 2447

The tiles underneath look like fish scales! Cool shots of a cool exhibit. A friend of mine worked on some of the animation on the film they show as you go in.

OK, here's one for you. I trust Glenn won't mind me appropriating his picture. But since we took basically the same shot from different points on the crowdline, I thought I'd see if a 3D composite might work... I reckon it does!

Gene Soucy in 3D technicolour

stevezzzz

JWilsonphoto wrote:
That Lodestar needs to be shot in the light we choose for our Alliance missions. Can you imagine that fuselage about three minutes before and after the sun hits the horizon. The frustrating thing about air to air work that involves going when someone else says "go", is that we perfectionists know exactly what we're not getting, and how incredible it "could" be. T'was forever thus, and will forever be.

Amen, brother Jim.

1       2       3              3827      
       3829              4395       4396       end