/forum/topic/600984/3819

1       2       3              3819      
       3821              4530       4531       end

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

Pima Air & Space Museum, Tucson, AZ

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9300

Neat, but do you know why is that capsule in the background wearing what appears to be an oversized shower cap?

Are you planning on stopping by the National Museum of the USAF before you leave the US?

Slug69 wrote:
I went to Washington DC last week.

I had high expectations going to see the National Air and Space Museum. I was gob smacked by what I saw.

It was overwhelming what is there right before your eyes.

image by Slug69, on Flickr

stevezzzz
Total Posts: 4082

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Neat, but do you know why is that capsule in the background wearing what appears to be an oversized shower cap?

IIRC, that's the Apollo 11 command module, and it's completely encased in plexiglas.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9300

Thanks Steve, the curiosity factor kicked in really hard on that one.

stevez wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:

IIRC, that's the Apollo 11 command module, and it's completely encased in plexiglas.

Aviationbuff
Total Posts: 719

The B-17 Memphis Belle (The movie aircraft) swings around to drop off the last load of passengers for the day at PDK Atlanta. Christopher Buff, www.Aviationbuff.com

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19254

Welcome back Chris! I see that you haven't lost your touch!

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

When your name is "Quick Silver" you have to look the part...

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4092

Well i did have a good conversation with my camera this morning after the rain incident yesterday.
Threw it down the mountain and picked it up again walked up and then it decided to start working again.

The Tornado pass was by special request of the crew who had some photo friends up on the mountain with us

Bill Gass
Total Posts: 4118

Jan-Arie wrote:
Well i did have a good conversation with my camera this morning after the rain incident yesterday.
Threw it down the mountain and picked it up again walked up and then it decided to start working again.

The Tornado pass was by special request of the crew who had some photo friends up on the mountain with us

--- OMG ---

Jan-Arie

Can't judge the quality guys will post some when I'm back home.....

Jan-Arie

Thanks Bill one more

Jeff W.
Total Posts: 2444

Jan-Arie wrote:
Can't judge the quality guys will post some when I'm back home.....

Well let me put it to you this way J-A; your mach loop images sure don't suck

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

This turned out a little rough. Needed a couple more stops on the dark end to hold back the sky hole a little more, but with some work, it might polish out some...

Let There Be Flight

gerov
Total Posts: 9030

J-A,
very nice, especially the Tornado. If I may - I think the second crop works better for me with your watermark configuration, as I find the band a bit distracting.

Jay,
that last one, is, well, umm, spectacular.

Gero

JWilsonphoto

I gotta go with Gerov on that one, whew, I can smell the rain. Gosh I love your work Jay!

JWilsonphoto

Well today was spent at HQ pouring over video blogs and technical specs. I dusted off my XHA1 and bought a couple of Sony Pro Mini DV tapes. Until I can begin to make sense out of some of this, I'm going to play with the XH a little. Came very close to pulling the trigger on a C100, but read a little more and found myself moving up to the C300, then the C500, at which point I grew a little weak in the knees and dove back into my research.

I had a couple of discussions with my people at Really Right Stuff and, based upon a little inside info, I did order my RRS Fluid Head and the appropriate adapters. Seems that their new fluid head meets and in some cases, exceeds the specs and performance of heads costing many times the RRS price. They estimated my delivery at about ten weeks, if I jumped in line today, it seems that the backlog is increasing daily. They do make outstanding stuff, just works and feels good in one's hands. I think I'll be putting my Gitzo in reserve and picking up their carbon fiber pod shortly.

JWilsonphoto

Nice shooting Jan Arie! Sometimes you just have to remind this gear who is boss! I've been known to utter "...in about five seconds you are going to become the insurance company's problem!" Things generally sort themselves out.......

Glenn's T-37 flew today after three years of sitting and months of tweaking.

Shaggy Wolf
Total Posts: 629

That tornado! Wow!

Go4Long
Total Posts: 2012

Awesome Tornado J-A.

Talked to my camera store yesterday, my salesman said he'll call me the morning the announcement of the D800 replacement becomes official to take my deposit to make sure I'm first on the list. I haven't really told the wife yet...surprisssseeeee?

Razor17
Total Posts: 465

Go4Long wrote:
Awesome Tornado J-A.

Talked to my camera store yesterday, my salesman said he'll call me the morning the announcement of the D800 replacement becomes official to take my deposit to make sure I'm first on the list. I haven't really told the wife yet...surprisssseeeee?

Congrats, Sunday is Fathers Day...

1       2       3              3819      
       3821              4530       4531       end