Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
/forum/topic/600984/3808

1       2       3              3808      
3809
       3810              4873       4874       end

JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19076
Country: United States

You're welcome Paul. Isn't it odd that a Book many consider irrelevant, or don't consider at all, can have so much wisdom for the moment it's needed. Kind of leads you to believe it's True, doesn't it.

Don't know what you had to deal with today, but He is sufficient, and I hope tomorrow will be a much better one.



USM IS
Registered: Apr 12, 2010
Total Posts: 1683
Country: United States

So real looking for being so small. Craftsmanship! The B-29 has a 13' wingspan, weighs 65# and has electric brakes, powered by four OS 91 engines. The Mustang has a seven foot wingspan! I caught some prop discs and even got a lightning bolt on the T-6, first for me on a little guy. Hope you enjoy the little guy's. The "war used" look on the Mustang and Mitchell are damn fine to me.

Mike


The Classy Miss B Haven by barbed wire photography, on Flickr



P-51D by barbed wire photography, on Flickr



Go Air Force by barbed wire photography, on Flickr



Dina Might-B29 by barbed wire photography, on Flickr



DanNehmer
Registered: Nov 26, 2009
Total Posts: 308
Country: United States

Mike,

Very nice! Looks like you had a good time at the small fly in in Cedar Rapids. Wish I could have joined you. What lens did you use mostly? 600, or could you get close enough to work with shorter lens?

Dan



USM IS
Registered: Apr 12, 2010
Total Posts: 1683
Country: United States

I have shot for them the last couple years so they let me up to within fifteen feet of the runway. All were with the 300 except the B-29 was with the 600 to get the nice angle, at least to me anyway. Thanks for looking.....

Mike



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4071
Country: United States

Jeff W. wrote:
stevez wrote:
Jeff W. wrote:
A minor tribute to the newest addition to the royal family



I absolutely love your re-processed stormscape, Jeff. But this one looks a tad overcooked to me, almost like it was faked.


Thanks for the input Steve. I always appreciate solid C&C; it is how an old guy like me learns and improves. Dramatic scenes like that stormscape create difficult decisions for me during PP. It is a thin line that I can easily trip over in trying to convey the mood - going from subtle to burnt. I'm still playing with it as I think it might be a good candidate for a print using the Piezography process.


I'm not sure we're on the same page, Jeff. The one I'm calling overcooked is the one with the BA 747, not the monsoon clouds over the city: that's just terrific.



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 2423
Country: United States

stevez wrote:
I'm not sure we're on the same page, Jeff. The one I'm calling overcooked is the one with the BA 747, not the monsoon clouds over the city: that's just terrific.


Sorry Steve, I misunderstood. You are spot-on with the 747. I overcooked it purposely as my vibrantly colorful salute to the new monarch across the pond



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4071
Country: United States

Jeff W. wrote:
stevez wrote:
I'm not sure we're on the same page, Jeff. The one I'm calling overcooked is the one with the BA 747, not the monsoon clouds over the city: that's just terrific.


Sorry Steve, I misunderstood. You are spot-on with the 747. I overcooked it purposely as my vibrantly colorful salute to the new monarch across the pond


Well, if it's a commentary on the British monarchy, then...



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4071
Country: United States

A day late and a dollar short: last night was the full moon and we had almost perfectly clear skies at sunset, too. But I was at the grocery store, kicking myself, when I spotted the full moon rising over the Taco Bell.

Tonight, Marcia and I made a sunset flight over Denver in the Remos, sans doors. But it was not nearly as nice as last night would have been: hazy, broken clouds, no moon to be seen. But you shoot what's in front of you, so here's my attempt at making lemonade out of some pretty sour lemons.



david russell
Registered: Jan 06, 2008
Total Posts: 754
Country: United States

Nice stuff Steve. I really like that a lot.



misster
Registered: Jun 20, 2004
Total Posts: 526
Country: Norway

USM IS wrote:
So real looking for being so small. Craftsmanship! The B-29 has a 13' wingspan, weighs 65# and has electric brakes, powered by four OS 91 engines. The Mustang has a seven foot wingspan! I caught some prop discs and even got a lightning bolt on the T-6, first for me on a little guy. Hope you enjoy the little guy's. The "war used" look on the Mustang and Mitchell are damn fine to me.

Mike

Very good work - I'm impressed !



Jeff W.
Registered: Feb 09, 2008
Total Posts: 2423
Country: United States

stevez wrote:
A day late and a dollar short: last night was the full moon and we had almost perfectly clear skies at sunset, too. But I was at the grocery store, kicking myself, when I spotted the full moon rising over the Taco Bell.

Tonight, Marcia and I made a sunset flight over Denver in the Remos, sans doors. But it was not nearly as nice as last night would have been: hazy, broken clouds, no moon to be seen. But you shoot what's in front of you, so here's my attempt at making lemonade out of some pretty sour lemons.


I really like the A2G of Denver Zim.



FlyingPhotog
Registered: May 09, 2008
Total Posts: 4775
Country: United States

Nicely done Steve...



USM IS
Registered: Apr 12, 2010
Total Posts: 1683
Country: United States

misster wrote:
USM IS wrote:
So real looking for being so small. Craftsmanship! The B-29 has a 13' wingspan, weighs 65# and has electric brakes, powered by four OS 91 engines. The Mustang has a seven foot wingspan! I caught some prop discs and even got a lightning bolt on the T-6, first for me on a little guy. Hope you enjoy the little guy's. The "war used" look on the Mustang and Mitchell are damn fine to me.

Mike

Very good work - I'm impressed !


Thank you very much misster.

Mike



nickjohnson
Registered: Sep 15, 2009
Total Posts: 972
Country: United Kingdom

I got one other nice shot @Yeovilton. This is it.



I'm going to the Scottish National Air Show @East Fortune on Saturday. The line up looks better than last year and the weather is likely to be better. Oh, did I say that? Well I know from last year that I might be shooting into a lot of things but the sun won't be one of them. So hopefully no repeat of the Yeovilton bleach out. Websee.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4071
Country: United States

nickjohnson wrote:
I got one other nice shot @Yeovilton. This is it.


Wow, Nick! Nice just doesn't cover it...



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19076
Country: United States

Nice work



JWilsonphoto
Registered: Jan 16, 2002
Total Posts: 19076
Country: United States

Headed over to Sulphur Springs to spec out a couple of new Legend Cubs. Seems like one should be on amphibs



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4071
Country: United States

More lemonade: a little later in the flight, there was a single, 30-second burst of sunlight on the downtown high-rises.



stevezzzz
Registered: Aug 01, 2010
Total Posts: 4071
Country: United States

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Headed over to Sulphur Springs to spec out a couple of new Legend Cubs. Seems like one should be on amphibs


Jim, at this rate, pretty soon you're going to have to hire someone just to keep your fleet of aerial flivvers exercised and ready for you. Or just invite few of your aviation-minded friends to stop by...any volunteers?



bobl
Registered: Sep 08, 2003
Total Posts: 2792
Country: United States

Ah Steve...
Great shots on my ole stompin' grounds. The Queen City of the Plains used to be a nice town an' now it's just another big city. However, it still holds a soft spot in my remembryer. Thanks!!!



1       2       3              3808      
3809
       3810              4873       4874       end