/forum/topic/600984/3807

1       2       3              3807      
       3809              4532       4533       end

Jan-Arie
Total Posts: 4096

stevez wrote:
MMcGrath wrote:
stevez wrote:
Bummer for RIAT attendees: the Vulcan wasn't given a demo slot and the team has declined to attend as a static display.

http://mxm.mxmfb.com/rsps/wlnk/c/1216/r/238593/e/605

If the only flying Vulcan can't get air time at RIAT, they must really have a stellar lineup...

...or is it politics?

Steve,

this is the list of confirmed aircraft so far:

http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/visiting/aircraft/aircraft-confirmed

That's a lot of Hercs. And what the heck is QinetiQ?

QinetiQ are test and evaluation based at Boscombe down

http://www.qinetiq.com/Pages/default.aspx

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9316

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/plane-crashes-in-stevens-point-air-show-airport-shuts-down-b99282073z1-261443431.html

A 47-year-old pilot died Sunday afternoon when his plane crashed while performing in an air show at Stevens Point Municipal Airport, police said.

The plane was conducting aerial maneuvers during an aerobatics portion of the biennial air show when it crashed just before 12:30 p.m. into a wooded area about 1,000 feet east of the airport runway, Police Sgt. Tony Babl said.

Authorities were withholding the name of the pilot until his relatives could be notified.

Babl described the plane as a 1993 YAK-55M. The single-seat, single-engine plane was designed for aerobatics competitions.

Ryan Harris
Total Posts: 149

Very interesting that several of you guys were at Oshkosh 2010. I was as well, but crewing on the F-4 and TA-4 that week. I've never had a more busy or nerve racked time at an airshow before! It was definitely a memorable experience on several different levels. Hopefully I get to go back some day.

JWilsonphoto
Total Posts: 19268

Glenn Watson wrote:
Found this in the oldies but goldies folder...

Glenn

Two "Goldies" for sure, not too "oldie" though!

Glenn Watson
Total Posts: 3835

Hi Ryan:

How are you man? As far as MA2A @ Oshkosh goes, 2010 was about the best year in my opinion...

Glenn

JWilsonphoto

A good year indeed!

Glenn Watson

Thought this was a cool setup photo showing how the good guys can do it..

Glenn

Glenn Watson

A picture of my Bonanza...

Glenn

Glenn Watson

I think Jo may be onto something here?

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Glenn

Glenn Watson

But try THIS while talking on the phone!

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Nothing wrong with Oshkosh 2012 either!

Glenn

Glenn Watson

Good friends in the tail of the Mitchell!

Glenn Watson

Press! We must have been really important that day...

Glenn

JWilsonphoto

I've been doing some planning prior to diving into my latest video project. There are so many options it gets pretty confusing and frustrating. The basics are pretty straight forward, I'm ordering a RRS Fluid Head, leveling base, and a fore/aft rail. After quite a bit of research I've concluded that Edelkrone has designed and built a slider system that has great features, so I think I'm leaning toward their products. Kessler's booms seem to offer some great options, for a reasonable investment.

Those decisions were pretty easy, the toughest ones relate to camera equipment. Does one plunge into the Cine capture world? I have the budget for it, but that road introduces additional complexity both in equipment and technique. One wonders just how different the end product would really be if the clips were shot with a "Red", or a C500 and cine lenses vs. a 1DX, my Canon lenses, a Zacuto Tornado rig and the tools mentioned above. Certainly the ability to shoot 4K would add a dimension, and those more sophisticated camera systems offer frame rates the 1DX does not. Of course, you can add even more mind boggling options by looking at fixed lens camcorders ranging in price from 2 to 10 thousand.

It's tempting to just default to the uber expensive Cine gear, but something tells me that, while it might be lots of fun, could over complicate the whole effort, and quite possibly compromise the final product. I'm sure someone with more depth in the field would know right off the bat what the correct course should be, One thing I'm sure of, you shoot better with gear and systems that you're comfortable with.

I'll figure all this out............. in my spare time!

Glenn Watson

Cant stroll down memory lane without Alliance photo pit!

Not sure who took this one...

JWilsonphoto

Don't you just love the historical shots? We should put them all together and let them roll on the flat screen on HQ Thursday. We have certainly had a lot of fun together over the years, how nice!

JWilsonphoto

Wow, love that one Lady Jo! Some trick, shooting it and being in it!

FlyingPhotog
Total Posts: 4775

TWA Service Comes To Rapid City in 1935

JakeB17
Total Posts: 324

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I've been doing some planning prior to diving into my latest video project. There are so many options it gets pretty confusing and frustrating. The basics are pretty straight forward, I'm ordering a RRS Fluid Head, leveling base, and a fore/aft rail. After quite a bit of research I've concluded that Edelkrone has designed and built a slider system that has great features, so I think I'm leaning toward their products. Kessler's booms seem to offer some great options, for a reasonable investment.

Those decisions were pretty easy, the toughest ones relate to camera equipment. Does one plunge into the Cine capture world? I have the budget for it, but that road introduces additional complexity both in equipment and technique. One wonders just how different the end product would really be if the clips were shot with a "Red", or a C500 and cine lenses vs. a 1DX, my Canon lenses, a Zacuto Tornado rig and the tools mentioned above. Certainly the ability to shoot 4K would add a dimension, and those more sophisticated camera systems offer frame rates the 1DX does not. Of course, you can add even more mind boggling options by looking at fixed lens camcorders ranging in price from 2 to 10 thousand.

It's tempting to just default to the uber expensive Cine gear, but something tells me that, while it might be lots of fun, could over complicate the whole effort, and quite possibly compromise the final product. I'm sure someone with more depth in the field would know right off the bat what the correct course should be, One thing I'm sure of, you shoot better with gear and systems that you're comfortable with.

I'll figure all this out............. in my spare time!

Let me know if you have specific questions on cine stuff; both for gear and shooting techniques. I'm glad to help. I suppose I would be the resident cinematographer in the group.

I typically use either the ARRI Alexa XT or Red Dragon right now, but I've used just about everything else at one point or another.

1       2       3              3807      
       3809              4532       4533       end